627PP NASCAR/ Stock Car Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
No need to overlap throttle and brake in the NASCAR as it doesn't suffer from brake release oversteer, so you don't need to manage the weight transfer as you would in something that's unstable on the brakes, like the GSX-R.

They will still be left foot braking though, just not overlapping.

Thanks alot stotty !

But maybe you get me wrong. iam talking not from the break release. I mean the transition from Throttle to Brake.(Not brake to throttle)

n the 2 long brakingzones they are fully off the throttle and then they push the brakepedal.

Or maybe that transition is not crucial, and i can disregard that and be more careful with the health of my pedals. :cheers:

Cause in the "turninarea" after the 2 long straights i lost the most time, and i guessed that could be the reason.

Finally, 1:26.948 for #103 :D Ah well looks like I miss that elusive top #100 again :banghead:
Oh wait a minute subtract the x30 double times from multiple accounts = #73 :lol::lol::lol: (Joking Joyce )
Subtract the x 10 hacked times = #63 not bad eh :lol::lol::lol: (Joking Joyce )

JUST JOKING and making light, I am not serious :dopey::lol::lol: :dunce: Really happy to almost make top #100 👍
Many thanks to : @WhoosierGirl ,@SW__10 ,@lisanorm , @MOPARbarrett5 and not least @praiano63 (who is still active and posting tunes over on the other side of the dial)
:cheers:

Last edited:
Finally, 1:26.948 for #103 :D Ah well looks like I miss that elusive top #100 again :banghead:
Oh wait a minute subtract the x30 double times from multiple accounts = #73 :lol::lol::lol: (Joking Joyce )
Subtract the x 10 hacked times = #63 not bad eh :lol::lol::lol: (Joking Joyce )

JUST JOKING and making light, I am not serious :dopey::lol::lol::lol: So please don't jump down my throat ,JUST JOKING :dunce: Really happy top almost make top #100 👍
Many thanks to : @WhoosierGirl ,@SW__10 ,@lisanorm , @MOPARbarrett5 and not least @praiano63 (who is still active and posting tunes over on the other side of the dial)
Other side of the dial?

Thanks alot stotty !

But maybe you get me wrong. iam talking not from the break release. I mean the transition from Throttle to Brake.(Not brake to throttle)

Or maybe that transition is not crucial, and i can disregard that and be more careful with the health of my pedals. :cheers:

Cause in the "turninarea" after the 2 long straights i lost the most time, and i guessed that could be the reason.

Given the car is hardly accelerating by the time you reach the braking zone it's probably not that important if there's a delay between coming off the accelerator and hitting the brake - and the delay will be very small in reality.

For both the hard brake turn ins, you can create a bit of brake off oversteer if you have a high rear bias (I think I'm using 5,9), you trail brake heavily and release the brake pressure sharply from c.20% full pressure... coupled with a down change to 1st, this allows you to carry more entry speed by creating extra rotation... not easy to get right though!!

you trail brake heavily and release the brake pressure sharply from c.20% full pressure... coupled with a down change to 1st, this allows you to carry more entry speed by creating extra rotation... not easy to get right though!!

But dayyyum that can make a lot of time.. Good couple of tenths

not easy to get right though!!

youdontsay_jpg_by_thechevaliere-d4uzjpx.jpg :D

It is a fairly basic tune, but I was able to get 1:27.929 with it:
Suspension-
70 60
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, set final gear all the way right then set top speed to 149 mph. Next set 1st through 4th gear all the way right. Last set final gear to 3.579.
Differential-
Full power with oil change and body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700

Awesome setup, thanks man!
👍

Awesome setup, thanks man!
👍
You're welcome. I'm glad my tuned has helped some people. I was able to improve to 1:27.324 using a mix of my and @SW__10's tune (which uses some of @WhoosierGirl's settings).
Good things happen when great minds feed off each other- not so great minds like mine get good ideas.
Glad that my old dirty NASCAR tune was of use. No hard feelings if later on I get wrecked by someone using my tune :cheers:

Absolutely incensed with this TT. Pulling my hair out. Been on 26.3 for days on end, it just doesn't matter what I try I can't break through. I've even done about 5 laps within 1 100th of a second of my best.

I can do a top 10 standard second half of the lap, but I just can't get the damn first sector right..

Someone just kill me :banghead:

Absolutely incensed with this TT. Pulling my hair out. Been on 26.3 for days on end, it just doesn't matter what I try I can't break through. I've even done about 5 laps within 1 100th of a second of my best.

I can do a top 10 standard second half of the lap, but I just can't get the damn first sector right..

Lol, I have almost been able to "hang" with SW and stotty after sector 2 but seems like I loose almost half a second on last half... Now sitting on 26.515 and so far it was only my second lap under 26.6 so doesn't look so brilliant... Gonna give it a one more try today and hopefully brake 26.5 barrier :rolleyes:

But yeah, damn these nas cars, this is a sort of car I rather be spectating than driving myself :lol: One little mistake costs half a second every time :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: :lol:

Last edited:
Given the car is hardly accelerating by the time you reach the braking zone it's probably not that important if there's a delay between coming off the accelerator and hitting the brake - and the delay will be very small in reality.

For both the hard brake turn ins, you can create a bit of brake off oversteer if you have a high rear bias (I think I'm using 5,9), you trail brake heavily and release the brake pressure sharply from c.20% full pressure... coupled with a down change to 1st, this allows you to carry more entry speed by creating extra rotation... not easy to get right though!!

I love reading your posts.

Btw Reality and Rear Bias:
Is that the reason why the most setups in gt6 have more rear than front bias ? In reality i thought it was only in the rain.

Lol what the hell gears won't work, thanks again PD for making the effort for a proper update :cheers:

God damn funniest thing, I really took some time to learn this combo and now I lost the change to give it that one last try, pfft, talking about anticlimax :rolleyes:

Hahha, lol, sorry for being bit negative, in reality it makes no difference to me, just how PD keeps messing so simple stuff up is just rather amazing :crazy:

Last edited:
Closest thing in real life to left foot braking in GT6 is karting.

Left foot braking in a road car is very different in real life to GT6 as you need to be much more sensitive.

Definitely a skill worth learning in GT as it allows much quicker transitions between brake and accelerator, and allows throttle overlap on unstable cars.

I've only been in a track car with one real race car driver, Steve Saleen. He drove my SVT Cobra for 5 laps at Seattle Intl Raceway with me riding shotgun. I told him, "This engine is Bulletproof, turn yourself loose on this thing" He did, and my eyes were as wide a saucers!?!?! The man is an absolute animal on the track! He did not use left foot braking.
Cheers, Pete

I was on 26.3 for days... Now im on 26.0 for days haha seriously hard this one to land the extra when u get low down!

I some reason get first sector right, second sector kills my lap :(

If anyone is interested, here is my tune for the Nascar 👍.

Credit goes to @WhoosierGirl for the ride height & spring settings. Thankyou! :)..👍.

2013 Jeff Gordon #24 CHEVROLET SS

Oil change. Body rigidity improvement.

80/70 <--- WhoosierGirl
10.54/10.25 <--- WhoosierGirl
4/4
5/5
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Brakes 7/9

Trans:

Initial FG: 2800
Max speed 149 mph (min)
1: 3631
2: 2636
3: 2222
4: 1964
FG: 2000

LSD: 5/6/5

DF: 500/700

Hope it helps a few people out!

Thanks, what a magical setup. Easy gold at new Midfield seasonal!

Last edited:
Thanks, what a magical setup. Easy gold at new Midfield seasonal!

No kidding! I struggled with my setup to get under that 1:11 mark. Maybe a dozen laps and it wasn't fun. Used this setup on my second account and first lap gold with a high 1:09. In four laps I got down to 1:08.351 for #1784 right now. And it was FUN!

If anyone is interested, here is my tune for the Nascar 👍.

Credit goes to @WhoosierGirl for the ride height & spring settings. Thankyou! :)..👍.

2013 Jeff Gordon #24 CHEVROLET SS

Oil change. Body rigidity improvement.

80/70 <--- WhoosierGirl
10.54/10.25 <--- WhoosierGirl
4/4
5/5
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Brakes 7/9

Trans:

Initial FG: 2800
Max speed 149 mph (min)
1: 3631
2: 2636
3: 2222
4: 1964
FG: 2000

LSD: 5/6/5

DF: 500/700

Hope it helps a few people out!

This worked best with me. Driving Force wheel.

Back