627PP NASCAR Stock Car Time Trial: Mid-Field Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 66 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
627PP NASCAR Stock Car Time Trial: Mid-Field Raceway

TT#42 - 627PP NASCAR Stock Car Time Trial @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg
TT#42 - 627PP NASCAR Stock Car Time Trial @ Mid-Field Raceway - ER-Cars-List.jpg

^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#42] - 627PP NASCAR Stock Car Time Trial @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
In game hints suggest an oil change for a few more PP to get gold but had no problem with my 2013 JJohnson 48 car. Have had a lot of laps on this track in the past few months, helps.

I dislike Nascar too but this seasonal is SERIOUSLY fun.

892hp, got bronze then silver

car has a daytona tune but i moved the gearbox to 180mph

used tc 1 dsc one abs 1 and the car is squirrely by controlable... this is the most fun i've had in a nascar

I found this one quite easy, tbh, but very fun. It's all about getting the power down asap in the corners.

I used the car they give you as a prize car (it's my only NASCAR ride)

Tuned to 627, no oil change

Evened out 2nd and 3rd gears. DS3.

I ran a 1:10.3 on lap 2. Kind of want to go back and keep running it to see how low I could go...I've spent so much time at midfield that it's almost second nature at this point, so this event probably would be tougher for those who haven't spent countless hours here. If they exist, lol.

2013 Jeff Gordon 24 Chevrolet SS (Nascar Road Tune)

Link here

A slight issue with others being able to set up the transmission as I have but I don't know why this is.. However, it is a gold standard tune and will be able to achieve a gold time very easily. :)

nascarimg1-jpg.149162
Thanks for the tune @shaum90 - took nearly 3 seconds off my best untuned effort on the first lap which took me from about 10,000 on the leaderboard to 1099.

I will not be participating in this seasonal based on the fact that NASCAR does not belong in this game. If you wanna play NASCAR, buy one of those trash EA sports games

I will not be participating in this seasonal based on the fact that NASCAR does not belong in this game. If you wanna play NASCAR, buy one of those trash EA sports games

Pretty ignorant comment if I may say so. NASCAR has every right to be in GT6, as any other championship based car in the game. Not every one likes GT, Touring or Rally. GT6 is cratering as many tastes and types as possible and one of those is NASCAR.

Last edited:
I struggled quite a bit with the car last night and never could do consistent laps. Today I went back and found the setup that @S_Bridge (in post #3 above) mentions.

You can get to the event thread via his link, the tune by @SW__10 is on page 5 (post #133.)

For the record, I went from 1:09's yesterday to 1:06.130 today (currently 73rd) using that setup. (ABS only aid).

Here's my tune from the last NASCAR time trial:
Suspension-
70 60
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, final gear all the way right, top speed 149, first-fourth gear all the way right, final gear 3.700.
Differential-
Full power with oil change and body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700
I ran 1:06.128 with this tune using a controller.

Last edited:
Currently at place #389 with 1'07"279.

Feels like i've potential to go under the 1'07"...'s.

My high rank is only because a lot of GT6 players not liking the Nascar's.

Bone stock no TC no ABS gold after one lap, and a ton of cash.
Headlamps Dipped- (I know it is a cheat but Turn 1 wasn't a left neither was Turn 2, and Turn 3... yup not a left either!)
Much more fun than I expected, Ain't cold tyres great.

I'd like to thank my sponsors at Fig Newtons for all their support.

1'06''022 with this setup.

Fresh oil and body rigidity.
No ballast.

Suspension :
75 / 75
11.67 / 10.44
1 / 1
3 / 3
6 / 5
0 / 0
-0.08 / +0.18

B/B :
4 / 7

Diff :
10 / 5 / 5

Aero :
460 / 700

Gearbox :
FG max.
Max. Speed min.
1st : 2033
2nd : 1.550
3rd : 1.300
4th : 1.099
FG 3.820

I hope it helps someone:cheers:

Main thing I do in the seasonals is try to keep up with your friends driving line. Apparently @Whitetail was the only one on my friends list who did this one and holy 🤬 is he fast!

I struggled quite a bit with the car last night and never could do consistent laps. Today I went back and found the setup that @S_Bridge (in post #3 above) mentions.

You can get to the event thread via his link, the tune by @SW__10 is on page 5 (post #133.)

For the record, I went from 1:09's yesterday to 1:06.130 today (currently 73rd) using that setup. (ABS only aid).
Same here, after I saw this thread and gave that tune a try I went from a 1:07.807 to a 1:06.909 good for p332 at the moment. I use active steering: strong, TC: 5, abs: 1.

I used Praiano's tune, reduced rear downforce, ABS1, no other assists.

I'm pretty sure I can get into the 1:05's.

Back