630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 120 comments
First lap with 330 P4, very conservative driving -> bronze with 8:55 :confused:

Second lap with 2J, again conservative driving -> gold with 8:00. :D

Won't be doing this again.

I DQed at about the five minute mark :banghead: with a somewhat aggressive attempt in the 2J..I love the Ring but I rarely go a full lap without mucking it up somewhere just a bit!..A more leisurely approach netted a 7.54.xxx and that has me done..

This event is seriously buggy. I thought something was wrong when I started the lap and the start/finish straight had huge pop up issues, often leading to the first corner vanishing completely. Paused to let it catch up only to find that I had to pause every 30 seconds or so to let it render the track in front of me.

Got to 4 minutes in, about the 8th or 9th pause to let it catch up, only to see it do it mid corner and for me to hit the barrier.

Such a shame as I love this track...when I can see it.

GT6 is my only game, nothing else on the hard drive (500gb) and the console is running cool.

has anyone noticed a change at the fugplatz? it seems a little more mild. maybe its because i usually practice the ring at night and in the rain.

In 2014 for the ADAC 24 hrs the SP7 and SP8 qualifying times :

SP7 - 8:35.745 (typical 1300 kg Porsche 911 GT3)

SP8 - 8:41.030 (typical 1450 kg C6, 458, LFA)

So this gold time fits right in there.

GT3 - 8:18.513, 8:10.921 (1300 kg R8, MP12, Z4)

So in the spirit of the event and this weekend's race I used a C6R and got myself a 8:36 gold. Now a platinum time would be an 8:10 in a GT3.

A single very conservative lap in the 622pp TS030 resulted in a 8:14.xxx. Is the gold time joke?
No, but your car choice is (no offense meant) while within the PP limits you don't see LMP cars in the ADAC 24 hrs. 8:10 in a GT3 is something to write about.

Last edited:
No time to play this all day like most of you, so I went with my Toyota TS030 good enough for 16k place and Gold on my third lap. lol
The one thing I HATE about tt on the ring is one mistake and it's over. No time for that.

No, but your car choice is (no offense meant) while within the PP limits you don't see LMP cars in the ADAC 24 hrs. 8:10 in a GT3 is something to write about.
Still, there are several P cars within the PP limit. While GT3 cars hover around 600PP, the more natural choice are cars closer to the PP max. Nissan R390 GT1 and AMG Mercedes CLK-LM springs to mind.

Impossible for me to do a single lap. It's not the car or difficulty of the track since they aren't issues it is my 🤬 PS3 which has issues loading this track (and silverstone, Spa, Sierra) which causes me to loose track of where I am going since everything goes invisble.

The amount if self control needed to not go out and grab a hammer from my shed is real....
That happened to me with Silverstone! i bought a good secondhand copy of GT6 and i've got Silverstone back for GT Academy. Seriously just get another disk

After 11-12 attempts and touching the grass about the 3:40 mark, I changed to a detuned Peugeot from 670+ down to 630 and cruised around for gold with a big cushion.

40 minutes of work for 15,800 something....probably 18,000 by now. lol

Got a 7:59.212 with my trusty 787b Stealth! Never lets me down, but sometimes it bites back. I truly feel like a 'Ring King right now, especially since I accomplished this with: a controller, no TC, no ABS, and no freezing or throwing my controller in discuss!

Feels nice too to be in the 4,1xx range for ranking. I don't wanna touch the 2J, as even if I opened up to it, it would be such a pain/bore to drive. I'd much rather give it a go with the TS030, since I like that car. It's weird though how it's a good 15pp below the max, yet it apparently is so incredible (have always known it was great for the 600pp seasonals) multiple people got it within the top 100, even one in the top 10! Go figure...:odd:

This will be my next challenge. GT3 cars are actually pretty darn understeery, especially compared to LMPs. Taking crucial high and mid speed corners flat out are where I usually make good time, and I always found GT3 cars to be pretty tricky. At least you can really chuck them in to the corners since the understeer is almost like traction control :lol:. I'm usually somewhat comfortable with one of the older N24 GT-Rs, but the GT3 spec model is a different animal practically. I still am not really comfortable with any of the "official" GT3 cars in this game. They are such an odd drive really.

^ Use the Garaiya. That thing slides around like nobody's business.

Got in a couple laps and barely made under gold with it. Gonna keep shaving that time until I have something acceptable.

Did 1 very steady lap after going off 3 times at Flugplatz and got 8.19.9xx in my 2J, think if the car wasn't so twitchy i could easily hit the 7min make. I've got gold so job done. wont be doing this one again.

Decided to see what I could do with something I've never tried before: displays off and cockpit view only. AC strong, TC 1 for stability.

Managed an 8:55. That's 15s slower than gold time! Goes to show how much hand-holding I got from 3rd-person camera and the map, etc. May switch to this view more often in the future.

8.27 with a 330 P4. Not the easiest of things to do and not the fastest time in the world. But its gold.

8.26 with the ford mark iv. I'm sure you all heard the cursing from here....

Last edited:
I managed a 7.45 in the TS030 using my own tune (soft and high to take the bumps). Not sure if I'm just used to the car, but it's a nice stable drive and grips like a gecko. At the time I did it I made approx 1400th place, which is the highest I've come in a time trial. It's down a few hundred places now, but that time was after only 3 attempts. I'll be back at it soon tho as I know I can take a few sections a bit faster.

I tried the Chap 2J but haven't managed a valid lap. Compared to the TS030 it gets bounced around by the bumps and just hasn't got the grip. It's saving grace is the top speed, about 25mph over the TS030.

I'd like to know the suspension set-up you folks are using for the 2J, I need to lose the bounce and gain some grip.

Same for me. I can't get the 2J around clean yet. Soon as I even look at a curb in the 2J, I'm out of control. I started in the Toyota, got beat on the friends list by a 2J, so I tried it. 1000 times. Back in the Toyota and whipped out a 7:25. With the mix of the two at the top of the leader board I'd just stick to what you like.

Watching the start of the N24 live stream Saturday morning forced me to give this seasonal a try. I used the BMW Z4 GT3, Audi R8 GT3 (the Bilstein livery one) and the 15th Anniversary AMG SLS GT3 with all aids off, HUD off, no tuning and driver's view only. After over an hour in the 3 cars, my best lap was a bronze in the Audi.

As frustrating as it was, it was some of the most fun I've had with GT6 in a while, at least by myself.

Back