630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 120 comments
DMyRYusdfov4l5hUGg_0.jpg

Managed to fall of the road at every opertunity in the LMP's.
Switched to the Zonda LM for a conservative 8m34s after one lap.

duc5kA6oexW4LucWSz_0.jpg

Followed up with a 8m27 in the Viper.
Love 'The Ring' though, plenty of opportunities to throw it of the road, I crashed on my first lap at the start after the long straight trying to turn right forgetting that the GP start line was included

I've golded this TT in my all profiles of GT6.
I'm not a fast pilot/gamer/driver but i like enjoy myself on this track (except the F1 plant... )

-8.27.xxx BMW Z3 GT3 (595 PP) 1st trial
-8.19.651 BMW Z3 GT3 (630 PP) 2nd trial
-8.28.473 honda HSV-010 GT anniversary (597 PP)
-8.30.830 Mazda rx7 touringcar (603 PP)

-8.37.700 #11 Toyota Camry NASCAR '13 (620 PP) - 2nd lap finished of 5 , in the first 8.44.xxx
(IMHO.. A fast gamer could obtain an 8.2x.xxx with the nascar, the problem with this car is the number of speeds gear)

IR

Last edited:
:lol:

I live in Milan (~ 700km to Nurburgring ).. I'm not a priest .. :P

You're the first , in many years, Who asks about the flag 👍

IR
:lol: If you were a priest, I would have thought that was pretty cool! :sly: Actually, I was wondering if you worked with the Swiss Guard... Anyway, nice to meet you. Good luck with the Seasonal Events... 👍

I'm a designer ... I work for a Japanese company in Italy ... :dopey:

Thanks 👍

IR

Maybe I know you, mate...:cheers:

Remember : actually I'm on PSN like firefox864

Back to seasonal : I've tried first combo with the Chaparral . I've changed for the TS030 and now I'd go for a 7.30.
Really different between these cars so I need to improve my skills even if the Nurb is my favourite with Sierra in GT6.

Good to see you.

(excuse for my english for what I need to improve too...)

Last edited:
Maybe I know you, mate...:cheers:

Remember : actually I'm on PSN like firefox864

Back to seasonal : I've tried first combo with the Chaparral . I've changed for the TS030 and now I'd go for a 7.30.
Really different between these cars so I need to improve my skills even if the Nurb is my favourite with Sierra in GT6.

Good to see you.

(excuse for my english for what I need to improve too...)

Lol, better English than me and I'm English

Now this is more like it! While the Z4 GT3 '11 understeers, is twitchy and likes to bite back, it's much faster than the Nismo GT3. It's no walk in the park though, as it's constantly jumping all over the track and had me holding my breath every time I shifted into 2nd gear. I used @Motor City Hami's tune with some minor adjustments. Thanks for sharing it. :cheers:

No, but your car choice is (no offense meant) while within the PP limits you don't see LMP cars in the ADAC 24 hrs. 8:10 in a GT3 is something to write about.
Your post made me wonder if I could run such a lap. Turned out pretty good. :D

Man, that 2J is really a handfull around here! Probably the fastest car, but so damn easy to make a mistake, and it also wants to bog down all the time!:grumpy:

Took the TS030 out for a spin aswell, and it's a completely different beast, it feels so vivid and responding! You can throttle control it, and it handles the bumps so much better. I managed to beat my 2J time on my very first try with it. Still, the 2J has more potential. If only we could boost the TS030 up to 630PP it'd be the obvious car of choice.

hTbg9h8QsJsfGoFxz_0.jpg

Found around five new places to bin it before scaring myself to a 8m13.411 in the
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95.

Surely a sub 8 minute car.

I have tried the Toyota... Camry. I was wondering how it would drive on the Ring.
First try ended after 16 seconds. I completely missed the second turn.
Second try was already a clean lap. But I drove carefully and got 9.44.
Third try I got more used to this car and got a 9.29.

It's nice for a change, but not good enough to get gold or silver. Makes me wonder if a good driver with a good tune is able to do it.
Just ran a super conservative 8:25.979 with the 2013 Jeff Gordon NASCAR. What a trip! You were right, it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be. Although that might be due to me crawling around most corners. This was quite fun. :P

20150526_144146.jpg

7:29 in the TS030. Only 20 secs back from P1...

I know I made a few small mistakes, but dang! 20 seconds?

Would you mind sharing your Setup?
I'm stuck at 7:44,696 but Need to find another 5 seconds since one of my "friends" seems to have gone crazy!:boggled:
Thanks

Would you mind sharing your Setup?

Sure. It's quite simple. Slightly dumbed down to keep me on the track and pointed forward. A little different than my normal actually.

623pp after oil change, and I think I did body rigidity to this one.

90/90
17.0/15.0
3/2
3/2
3/3
0/0
0/0

5/5 brakes

Transmission is full left for the slider, 149 mph (239 km?) and 2.50 final gear

12/12/18 LSD - You should start to hear the inside tire peel a little.

Full aero 600/850

Good luck. 👍

Sure. It's quite simple. Slightly dumbed down to keep me on the track and pointed forward. A little different than my normal actually.

623pp after oil change, and I think I did body rigidity to this one.

90/90
17.0/15.0
3/2
3/2
3/3
0/0
0/0

5/5 brakes

Transmission is full left for the slider, 149 mph (239 km?) and 2.50 final gear

12/12/18 LSD - You should start to hear the inside tire peel a little.

Full aero 600/850

Good luck. 👍

You man Gearbox:
Initial final 2,000
Top Speed slider to Minimum
then all the 6 gears sliders to Minimum (???)
then Final Gear to 2,500 ???

I just wonder about the sliders for the 6 gears pulling them all to the left, but maybe I misunderstood something!?

Keep things simple, and drive fast. 👍

The spacing on most gearboxes is fine if you move the top slider around and then just use the final drive to adjust. I understand the transmission flip, but I don't think it's right unless the car has a very peaky horsepower range. If the car has torque, use it.

If it helps:

TS030 setup, capable of 7:09.xxx:
ride height: max
spring rate: min
dampers: min
ARB: 6/6
camber: 0.0/0.0
toe: -0.05/+0.05
brakes 8/8

Transmission:
-reset to default, top speed to minimum.
-1'st and 2'nd all the way to the left
-5'th and 6'th all the way to the right
-dont touch 3'rd, and adjust 4'th to form an even line between the gears (2-6)
-final gear 2500

LSD: 5/12/5

full power + oilchange
full downforce

edit:
Keep things simple, and drive fast. 👍

The spacing on most gearboxes is fine if you move the top slider around and then just use the final drive to adjust. I understand the transmission flip, but I don't think it's right unless the car has a very peaky horsepower range. If the car has torque, use it.
which is true about this car. The TS030 is very peaky.

I suppose it is but I suppose to me it doesn't really feel like it is because of electric power torque when it kicks in.

I'm also a tad faster at 7:25.567 now.

7:09 is simply flying! Well done.

I suppose it is but I suppose to me it doesn't really feel like it is because of electric power torque when it kicks in.

I'm also a tad faster at 7:25.567 now.

7:09 is simply flying! Well done.

Thanks to your setup I now have improved from 7:44,696 to 7:42,500.
But meanwhile, my "friend" has dropped to 7:37,902 , and he's not really a quick driver!
Don't know where I should take yet another 4,5 seconds from! :crazy:
I could at least need to know how to make the car a little bit more stable, I mean I've got some power-oversteer out of corners, not too bad but slowing me a bit more down than I wish!
And only 26 hours left to beat him! :scared::nervous::crazy:

That foot on the gas pedal. Control that. :D Choose the higher gear sooner, like traction control. Or make the front wash out more with a stiffer front sway bar. Or less rear bar.

Did a 7:27 with the toyota but got disconnected from the server or something because it wouldn't register my time.:banghead: So I'll have to settle with my 7:29 from last week. I was running minimum downforce because it worked well in the a-spec seasonal (fastest lap 6:02) but I was too busy to experiment with higher df settings so maybe this weekend I will try max df to see if I was unnecessarily handicapping myself :lol:

Back