630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 120 comments
I managed a 7.45 in the TS030 using my own tune (soft and high to take the bumps). Not sure if I'm just used to the car, but it's a nice stable drive and grips like a gecko. At the time I did it I made approx 1400th place, which is the highest I've come in a time trial. It's down a few hundred places now, but that time was after only 3 attempts. I'll be back at it soon tho as I know I can take a few sections a bit faster.

I tried the Chap 2J but haven't managed a valid lap. Compared to the TS030 it gets bounced around by the bumps and just hasn't got the grip. It's saving grace is the top speed, about 25mph over the TS030.

I'd like to know the suspension set-up you folks are using for the 2J, I need to lose the bounce and gain some grip.

Same for me. I can't get the 2J around clean yet. Soon as I even look at a curb in the 2J, I'm out of control. I started in the Toyota, got beat on the friends list by a 2J, so I tried it. 1000 times. Back in the Toyota and whipped out a 7:25. With the mix of the two at the top of the leader board I'd just stick to what you like.

Same issue here with the 2J. Impossible to complete a clean race. :confused: Restored the rigiditiy as it was on orange, thinking it might solve the problem but that made no difference. I wondered why I wasn't able to handle this car anymore but I see now I'm not alone.

Congrats for you times! :cheers: Can't do better than 7:48 with the Peugeot 905 until now. :embarrassed:

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I don't mean that in a good way. I'm flat out through there in the TS030. I can go flat out at a few places in the Toyota where I need to slow down in the 2J. As you or someone said, the advantage in the 2J is top speed. Certainly not in the handling department.

I'm ready to throw my wheel out the window in the 2J. In the TS030, I just realize I made a mistake and can sometimes catch it and continue. There is a 25mm ride height difference. That might be all the difference in the world here, but I'm not sure.

It's like, once you lose the vacuum suck down, the car is terrible. Still really fast though.

I don't mean that in a good way. I'm flat out through there in the TS030. I can go flat out at a few places in the Toyota where I need to slow down in the 2J. As you or someone said, the advantage in the 2J is top speed. Certainly not in the handling department.

I'm ready to throw my wheel out the window in the 2J. In the TS030, I just realize I made a mistake and can sometimes catch it and continue. There is a 25mm ride height difference. That might be all the difference in the world here, but I'm not sure.

It's like, once you lose the vacuum suck down, the car is terrible. Still really fast though.

Oops, I need english lessons. Didn't understand your post was ironical :dunce: :lol:

They need to give us a proper fan car super lap on the Nurb and by that I mean the Red Bulls. :D

Please no!:scared:

I managed a 7:50 on TS030. Then I decided to try it with 2J and managed a 7:39 with a few mistakes due to the bad handling of the car.
I'm gonna give it another try cuz I think it is possible to do a 7:30 if I get used to it.

Cant remember ever having such difficulty to get a clean lap. Probably cause I am so used to have 2 wheels on the kerbs .

Last edited:
I used the 2J and was able to complete my second lap at 7:53.

Went off once on my first lap for a DQ :(

Now, to go back and finish the Miata Tsukuba race I have yet to get Gold in.

Very nice driving @t_wilson01 and great video, as always. You've got quite a tall 1st gear. Is that the stock transmission setup or did you adjust the gears yourself? I'm disappointed in myself for using the Toyota TS030. I really like the Nurburgring and I could have really tested myself, instead of using such an easy car... :guilty:

I have tried the Toyota... Camry. I was wondering how it would drive on the Ring.
First try ended after 16 seconds. I completely missed the second turn.
Second try was already a clean lap. But I drove carefully and got 9.44.
Third try I got more used to this car and got a 9.29.

It's nice for a change, but not good enough to get gold or silver. Makes me wonder if a good driver with a good tune is able to do it.

Very nice driving @t_wilson01 and great video, as always. You've got quite a tall 1st gear. Is that the stock transmission setup or did you adjust the gears yourself? I'm disappointed in myself for using the Toyota TS030. I really like the Nurburgring and I could have really tested myself, instead of using such an easy car... :guilty:
Thanks for the compliment, but there's plenty of room for improvement in that lap. I was being very cautious because of understeer and the brakes don't seem that good either. I was also short on time so I slowed more than usual to make sure not to throw the lap away. I started with Praiano's tune (:bowdown:)for the GT3 Anniversary Edition and changed it around a bit. Give it another shot with a GT3 car. 👍

I have tried the Toyota... Camry. I was wondering how it would drive on the Ring.
First try ended after 16 seconds. I completely missed the second turn.
Second try was already a clean lap. But I drove carefully and got 9.44.
Third try I got more used to this car and got a 9.29.

It's nice for a change, but not good enough to get gold or silver. Makes me wonder if a good driver with a good tune is able to do it.
The NASCAR Camry at the ring?! :scared: I salute you solder for having endured that lap.

The NASCAR Camry at the ring?! :scared: I salute you solder for having endured that lap.
It was much easier to control than the cars I've tried after it, actually. But that also makes it a lot slower.
I managed to get a 8.36 with a 600 PP HSV-010 so I'm done. I love the track, but super laps can get quite frustrating. Just a little bit of oversteer or understeer and 6 minutes of your life are wasted.

It was much easier to control than the cars I've tried after it, actually. But that also makes it a lot slower.
I managed to get a 8.36 with a 600 PP HSV-010 so I'm done. I love the track, but super laps can get quite frustrating. Just a little bit of oversteer or understeer and 6 minutes of your life are wasted.
I just ran the event again with my BMW Z4 GT3 (tune by Ridox Replica Garage), but I increased the power with a Low RPM Turbo and ran a 8:24.887. :) I had the ghosts turned off for most of the race, but occasionally I would flick them on just to see if I was near anyone in my friends list. I finally caught and passed your driving line at the long straight. At least I don't feel so bad anymore...I was able to get a Gold time without a ringer car. :sly:

I'm currently at 7:50.2 with the Pagani Zonda R '09 :D I had a 7:52 in the Mazda Furai '08 before that, and I may just give it another shot.

I have been trying out all of the Concept/Prototype/Race LM's and the Touring/DTM Cars and have had lots of fun so far with most of them, they are good for 7:5x lap time and perhaps with some more precision driving then even into the 7:4x range.

Soon I think i'll be trying the McLaren F1 GTR '97 and Nissan R390 GT1 '98 :sly: before I eventually go with the 2J or TS030. :yuck:

I really want good setup for TS030,if somebody have that send to me..2J go 7.29 but i can not cut on to corners,and that is not maximum attack.2J i use Praino tune + high spring.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, on the very same tracks as you, and the faster the car, the bigger the problem got (i.e. track rendering too slow, way to slow).

It turned out it was because my hard drive was full. (less than 500mb free space).
I cleared some music, and a few old demo games, wich got me 5 gb free space, and now it works just fine.

So yeah, check your hard drive.;)
EXCELLENT tip Andromeda!!

my hard drive is 40-60GB... id do anything to have 200GB left.
anyway, its so easy so that people (like me) for whom getting around the nurb mistake-free is a huge challenge, a reward for their efforts.
If you'd do anything, you should buy a 1 TB HDD for your ps3.

used the Lexus Vision concept and yes - had a lot of fun, for challenging times must use proper race car
I had a go in this too as it's great at the ring... just not fast enough to beat my TS030 time (7.45)... I never expected it to get close to that time btw.

I'm just about to try the Pug 905B, I love this car for endurance as it's easy on the tires and fuel but still punches high!

Must try the Furai too, not driven it since GT5 (IIRC).

I gave up on the 2J.. far too bouncy and not one valid lap.. I can't drive carefully around the ring, the ring makes me drive like I stole it. lol

Can some noble soul share the setup for the 2J?

With the stock tune, found the car quite slippery over the kerbs, so I changed the toe & camber to a base 0, which felt more grippier but am not satisfied.

Back