630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 309 comments
Note the pole time for the past weekend's 24 hr event in the GT3/SP9 class was 8:14.5, so that would be a "platinum" target using true GT3 type cars in game.

Kaz' team M6 did an 8:23 and the GT Academy GT-R did 8:27. Run these kind of times and you too can believe.

No need to really turn this into an arcade event using 2J. I like the Corvettes which can be detuned to be similar to the Callaway Gt3 cars used in Europe.

I agree 100%. The 2J, like most prototype cars, feels unrealistic at Nurb. a GT3 car or similar would be more realistic and more fun.
Probably everyone would be in about the same place though, but still more fun and would stay on the track more of the time.

I also wonder, with a car like the 2J, if it's downforce is so high, why does it go airborn so easily?

Doesn't seem to go together.

The 2J relies on sucking the air out from under the car. Unlike a car with normal aero, once it leaves the ground it has no downforce, hence the flying.

I know it has some sort of fan downforce (vacuum) generator, but my question is, or should have been, shouldn't that keep it from going airborne so easily? Even if it gets light, it's still has lower air pressure below than it does above?

Over thinking it for my intelligence level, lol.

Try getting the X2014 fan car airborne.

I know it has some sort of fan downforce (vacuum) generator, but my question is, or should have been, shouldn't that keep it from going airborne so easily? Even if it gets light, it's still has lower air pressure below than it does above?

Over thinking it for my intelligence level, lol.

Try getting the X2014 fan car airborne.

It has flexible skirts that seal most of the vacuum in. Once the seal is broken nearly all the downforce goes. On a flat track it sticks like glue but on track like the ring, where any fast car is going to get a bit airborne, it's a different matter. Whereas a car with conventional downforce will slam back down pretty quickly the 2J just keeps on flying.

It has flexible skirts that seal most of the vacuum in. Once the seal is broken nearly all the downforce goes. On a flat track it sticks like glue but on track like the ring, where any fast car is going to get a bit airborne, it's a different matter. Whereas a car with conventional downforce will slam back down pretty quickly the 2J just keeps on flying.

It's incredible then that the top guys can still keep it on the track with the speeds they do. Interesting to know what their hit / miss ratio is....

Last edited:
I finish 2 laps out of 10, 3 end in minor accidents, 5 I write myself and the 2J off. :crazy::nervous:
And I am (9th) 5 seconds off beau and rajman :bowdown:

Great, thanks for a reply @Apex2691! 👍 Certainly wasn't expecting one.

Considering how bumpy the track is, it's great that you are still getting a 20% success rate with the 2J. Nice one. Using the TS030, my strike-rate is maybe 10 times worse :lol: but still having fun with it.

Are the half that you write yourself off similar to @hotsaucer's stratospheric endeavours posted above?

Hats off to you for being only 5 seconds behind Beau and Rajman 👍

Good luck with the chase :cheers:

Great, thanks for a reply @Apex2691! 👍 Certainly wasn't expecting one.

Considering how bumpy the track is, it's great that you are still getting a 20% success rate with the 2J. Nice one. Using the TS030, my strike-rate is maybe 10 times worse :lol: but still having fun with it.

Are the half that you write yourself off similar to @hotsaucer's stratospheric endeavours posted above?

Hats off to you for being only 5 seconds behind Beau and Rajman 👍

Good luck with the chase :cheers:

Compared to hotsaucers off road jaunt some of my crashes at Fugplantz, Foxhole and Phlazgarten especially, are more spectacular and deadly. Closer I get to my limit, the accidents become more spectacular, and frustrating:banghead:

P.S. Not chasing rajman and beau (futile) just running from others below to stay in top ten :nervous:

I finish 2 laps out of 10, 3 end in minor accidents, 5 I write myself and the 2J off. :crazy::nervous:
And I am (9th) 5 seconds off beau and rajman :bowdown:
I'm trying my arse off to improve but I just get unlucky

Edit: My luck come back to me :sly:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.png
    image.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Note the pole time for the past weekend's 24 hr event in the GT3/SP9 class was 8:14.5, so that would be a "platinum" target using true GT3 type cars in game.
GT Academy GT-R did 8:27. Run these kind of times and you too can believe.

Yeah I watching the times they were doing. now my 8:33 in the RJN doesn't seem so bad. :)

I have been once on Rfactor Nurgburgring 24h simulation race,car Ferrari 458 Gt 3,my best lap 8.31,5 year 2013.
Automatic trans,i just start this sim race then.It was long day..
Pro lap times about 8.10

Last edited:
Slowest but possibly most entertaining car yet. Stock Nomad Diablo GT2 '98 - 9:34. "Time's up"
One clean lap out of about ten attempts. It'll go a lot faster but going fast is dangerous. If you want to be like one of those people making of fools of themselves at the Touristenfahrten this is the car for you.

Finally managed a clean lap, I am not happy with myself on this one. I was on pace to break into the 7:40's, but I spun out and 3 turns before the final straight and lost 10-15 seconds. :banghead: 🤬 :lol: I don't remember who's tune I am using for the Honda HSV base model, I was able to do a 8:02.162 even with the spin out. I'll have to try to get more seat time.

Better than any guys K/D ratio on call of duty :lol:
I played ghosts and that was a disaster, even with my friends helping me I went 300/1200. :dunce: :lol: So I quit playing call of duty and went back to racing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 37
Well I decided to have another go at this event after driving the ts030 for the new quick matches, I felt confident I could break my 8:17.xxx that I did in a bone stock McLaren F1 stealth.
After a couple of red laps in the ts030 I shattered my old time - 7:40.xxx!!

I might have to try the 2j now to see if I can better that time.

Back