630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 225 comments
Is this battery something similar to the KERS that we had in F1? I believe the TS030 won't be touching too high speeds on the back straight. I managed 350 with the 2J!

Yes, very much like KERS. Charges under braking, depletes during acceleration. Dragging the brakes around corner entry just slightly for a better battery charge is part of a learning curve driving the TS030. Just enough late braking to hear the sound. On the uphill part of the straight I eventually see 191 mph just before the left bend. On the downhill part (fastest bit) I hit ~195 mph, which is 313 km/h. 350 km/h is 218 mph!

Yes, very much like KERS. Charges under braking, depletes during acceleration. Dragging the brakes around corner entry just slightly for a better battery charge is part of a learning curve driving the TS030. Just enough late braking to hear the sound. On the uphill part of the straight I eventually see 191 mph just before the left bend. On the downhill part (fastest bit) I hit ~195 mph, which is 313 km/h. 350 km/h is 218 mph!

i'm not getting near that. 309kph tops on main straight. hmmm. why?

I shortened gears and got much quicker through the tight sections so losing on the straight no doubt

i'm not getting near that. 309kph tops on main straight. hmmm. why?

Only three possible reasons I can think of, you either have more rear down force than I, you need to change the oil again, or your corner exit from the right turns before the straight is slower (though that's probably not it). Maybe transmission tune, if it's passed the peak of 10k rpm (not sure).

Only three possible reasons I can think of, you either have more rear down force than I, you need to change the oil again, or your corner exit from the right turns before the straight is slower (though that's probably not it). Maybe transmission tune, if it's passed the peak of 10k rpm (not sure).

yip trans is just getting stuck. i am in auto for now, but will go manual later.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-06-04 14-52-20.png

Been doing this below with my Peugeot 905B EVO 1 Bis LM '92 at Indy Oval, needs to do a lot more km on the car to make it go faster :).
P6040001.jpg

Ford laser you're not playing fair,been chasing your 7.41 and thought I was getting closer with a 7.44.259 then I look up and see you've gone down to 7.33. I thought I was flat everywhere I could be so how did you do that. I using a Praiano tune.:banghead:

Now I see, you must have been putting that up while I was writing this. That's too much dedication for me.:D

Hmmm, may have to give the Evo a go myself too...I like that car. But I'm back onto the DS3 for the next few days so it will be interesting :nervous:

Nice job with the screw there @fordlaser, appears a little more on the technical side compared to the double band trick. 👍
Thanks, I have tried the rubber bands first but I want something easy for the steering, that screw is adjustable so it is easy to steer the car onto the wall 👍.

At that speed which if I ever obtained, I'd probably have the big O, .04 would seem like a dream.:cheers::cheers:
I am going back to the TS030 Hybrid and I see if I can catch your time or get a better time ;), I have had so much practice now in the Peugeot 905B EVO 1 Bis LM '92 at the green hell track, but I seem to be getting nowhere with this car in a straight line it is fast but to me it is slow in the corners.

I have. It's very similar to the hotsawse tune.
Not rigid
Oil change
90/90
Min/min
1/1
1/1
3/3 ARB
0/0
front toe -.05, rear toe .12
Brakes 6/7
LSD 6/12/5
Aero 600/805
Thanks Cory :cheers:, first time out in the TS030 of a time of 7:35.457 with your setting but with an average gearbox with a lot of mistakes out on the track, I needs to have more confidence in this car to get better, once again thanks.

1st clean lap - 8:34.xx
2nd clean lap - 8:16.xx
DS3 - and that'll about do it for me- lots of time left out there, but I don't have the patience/time/skill. You guys are crazy good!

back to this mayhem...

lap 4 - 7:23.479

(as a matter of fact this is my 5th white lap, one made with TS030, but I was too slow - outside 7:30)

Several slight mistakes: the GP track part was not quite right, wrong gear clicked on Bergwerk (so I lost on the fast part afterwards), whole section of turns after Hohe Acht made on low rpm 2nd gear (it killed my time), Pflanzgarten as always hectic and chaotic (too afraid of going off as I did numerous times), on the long straight I hit limiter once (damn, I thought I set the 3rd gear long enough).

With an ideal lap (which never happens, here especially) sub 20 lap is possible.

My thumbs hurt a lot.

Back