630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 225 comments
I have. It's very similar to the hotsawse tune.
Not rigid
Oil change
90/90
Min/min
1/1
1/1
3/3 ARB
0/0
front toe -.05, rear toe .12
Brakes 6/7
LSD 6/12/5
Aero 600/805

thanks give it go later

good setup, just have to face it, i'm just not quick enough. where i'm losing i'm not sure, so rest it a while, come back.

edit: 7.18.5 much lower downforce will advise later

edit: 7.17.0 down force 584/779 TC 1

edit: 7.16.0

edit: 7.15's and squandered a 7.14. it's coming.

Last edited:
Thanks@hotsaucer. Active Steering - does it affect your speed. If I take off all aids, and use above LSD, i cannot accelerate, the car just spins in circles. Using gtfg wheel.

AS; no it just regulates your steering movements. You just need to practice battery management.. if you engage the electric motor right away out of a corner you will light up the rear wheels. So basically practice holding the brakes on a bit longer but only like 10% pressure (after hard braking) on them to get a greater recharge and then start accelerating at like 80% throttle until you feel that you can give it the full enchiladas 👍

Hope that helps.

Finally I've made it back. Spent a week on AC, that was ok, but then had a date with an oral surgeon and that turned to 🤬. Long short, had three rear teeth on my lower right gum cut out ( always wondered what happened to them, just never came through) turned into a major infection, and exposed bone shredded my tongue and turned into ulcer city.

After a week in bed, couldn't eat drink or swallow saliva I thought I'd better get my butt into gear as everyone was disappearing into the distance. Loading up on painkillers having blurry eyes and reflexes shot to:censored: and being on the 'Ring is not the way to do it. When I finally got a full lap it was 7.48 but at the finish I realised I had been gritting my teeth and I was in major pain again 🤬 so that was that.

All you guys are going like rockets so that makes it easier to bear.:bowdown:

Finally I've made it back. Spent a week on AC, that was ok, but then had a date with an oral surgeon and that turned to 🤬. Long short, had three rear teeth on my lower right gum cut out ( always wondered what happened to them, just never came through) turned into a major infection, and exposed bone shredded my tongue and turned into ulcer city.

After a week in bed, couldn't eat drink or swallow saliva I thought I'd better get my butt into gear as everyone was disappearing into the distance. Loading up on painkillers having blurry eyes and reflexes shot to:censored: and being on the 'Ring is not the way to do it. When I finally got a full lap it was 7.48 but at the finish I realised I had been gritting my teeth and I was in major pain again 🤬 so that was that.

All you guys are going like rockets so that makes it easier to bear.:bowdown:

Take good care of you my friend. There is a remedy very effective using as a mouthwash: it is the beer but you should have the right. :lol::lol: Courage my dear friend. Take good care. :cheers::cheers:

Good session tonight dropping 3 seconds...

IMG_8858.JPG

:D 👍

I thought the 2J would be the best car but many friends here seem to be opting the TS030 & are getting some great times.

Will try this car again for sure. Managed a 1:40:242 with the 2J today. Want to break into the 30's now.

I have tuned, tweaked and tuned and tweaked a Toyota til I'm actually quite thrilled with it. Therefore, I share! :D

No rigidity
Oil changed
90/90
1/1
1/1
3/3
0/0
-.04/0.14
Brakes 7/8
Diff 6/10/5
600/810

Trans
Final 4.700
Min speed
Final 3.225

Not sure how it works with an Auto…

I'm down to 7:13.1 👍

Last edited:
:lol:7:22:548 with 2J... Fifth portuguese overall (third with no active steering).
pretty comfortable with the setup. Now it's just a matter of a "balls to the wall" lap without afraid of the walls and MAYBE I can take another 2 or 3 seconds. The guys bellow 7:15:000... GET A FRIGGIN LIFE!!!!

Hiya Cory,

I will have to have a crack at this one as this challenge is driving me to distraction ( no pun intended ).

I have managed a 7.50.xx lap but its red ( in a 2J ).

Here's hoping.

Cheers.

Ian.

I have tuned, tweaked and tuned and tweaked a Toyota til I'm actually quite thrilled with it. Therefore, I share! :D

No rigidity
Oil changed
90/90
1/1
1/1
3/3
0/0
-.04/0.14
Brakes 7/8
Diff 6/10/5
600/810

Trans
Final 4.700
Final 3.225

Not sure how it works with an Auto…

I'm down to 7:13.1 👍

Good going CC. The setup is great, but the more D/F and i'm a sec off. I did however make a mistake and did body rigidity, not sure how much this makes a difference.

Whoahhhh!!!

8.03.xx at the first attempt - " Cheers and a beer clink. :D "

Its a Red wine clink here to be truthful - I bow before a master of the art - Thank you Cory.

This one really has been rattling my cage here! Lap after lap after lap and all "red".

Thank you again Cory.

Ian.

A good start with 2J.
After a couple dozens of attempted laps I finally did three "white" laps with @hotsaucer tune from the previous TT (Suzuka) and a badly adjusted final gear (hits limiter on the long straight).
My three white laps:
1 - 7:40
2 - 7:32
and just now
3 - 7:27.093 (slight mistakes, but pushing)

I wanted to feel this car driving "out of tune" first before I try a dedicated tune, hoping for some improvements while driving over bumps and less jumps, we'll see. When 2J flies - it's bad.

I drive AT and here not being able to downshift to 1st in some corners really hurts my exits, hopefully I find a gearing that will strike a balance in that area.

I thought the 2J would be the best car but many friends here seem to be opting the TS030 & are getting some great times.

Will try this car again for sure. Managed a 1:40:242 with the 2J today. Want to break into the 30's now.

Uday, did you touch the ground at all on that lap??

Uday, did you touch the ground at all on that lap??

I'm still quite weary with the 2J as the car gets quite nasty when touching or going over a kerb. It feels as if the opposite lock takes place i.e. the car gets a sudden push to the other side. That's why I don't be aggressive on the turns & avoid the bigger kerbs.

Otherwise the car is quite stable when braking. If 2 wheels go on the grass, then it's as good as a goner.

Whoahhhh!!!

8.03.xx at the first attempt - " Cheers and a beer clink. :D "

Its a Red wine clink here to be truthful - I bow before a master of the art - Thank you Cory.

This one really has been rattling my cage here! Lap after lap after lap and all "red".

Thank you again Cory.

Ian.

Congrats.

Patience has to be the biggest attribute to Your time. Since the lap is so long, it will take a lot of persistence and precision to get a clean lap.

If I make a mistake before the half way point, I restart.

I would suggest you to continue even after the lap gets invalid. As You'll know that now no mistake will make a difference, You'll probably push harder to see the limits of the car & track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried something (out of the box)!

Changed the max speed to 450 in the 2J. It helped improve my time to 7:34:666. My previous best to this was 7:40:242.

Again then changed the max speed to 400 & improved time to 7:32:942 for a 470th rank.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back