630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, May 18, 2017.

1. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

thanks give it go later

good setup, just have to face it, i'm just not quick enough. where i'm losing i'm not sure, so rest it a while, come back.

edit: 7.18.5 much lower downforce will advise later

edit: 7.17.0 down force 584/779 TC 1

edit: 7.16.0

edit: 7.15's and squandered a 7.14. it's coming.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    AlexAlien and Wolf68 like this.
  2. hotsaucer

hotsaucer

AS; no it just regulates your steering movements. You just need to practice battery management.. if you engage the electric motor right away out of a corner you will light up the rear wheels. So basically practice holding the brakes on a bit longer but only like 10% pressure (after hard braking) on them to get a greater recharge and then start accelerating at like 80% throttle until you feel that you can give it the full enchiladas :tup:

Hope that helps.

3. Retiree

Retiree

Finally I've made it back. Spent a week on AC, that was ok, but then had a date with an oral surgeon and that turned to :censored:. Long short, had three rear teeth on my lower right gum cut out ( always wondered what happened to them, just never came through) turned into a major infection, and exposed bone shredded my tongue and turned into ulcer city.

After a week in bed, couldn't eat drink or swallow saliva I thought I'd better get my butt into gear as everyone was disappearing into the distance. Loading up on painkillers having blurry eyes and reflexes shot to:censored: and being on the 'Ring is not the way to do it. When I finally got a full lap it was 7.48 but at the finish I realised I had been gritting my teeth and I was in major pain again :censored: so that was that.

All you guys are going like rockets so that makes it easier to bear.:bowdown:

Dalone, phineas777, Wolf68 and 3 others like this.
  4. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Take good care of you my friend. There is a remedy very effective using as a mouthwash: it is the beer but you should have the right. :lol::lol: Courage my dear friend. Take good care. :cheers::cheers:

AlexAlien and Retiree like this.
  5. Retiree

Retiree

Hello my friend, I'm also on antibiotics so my damn doctor said "No beer", hands are starting to shake:D

6. AlexAlien

AlexAlien

Then try something stronger :lol: Hope you get well soon mate! :tup:

7. hotsaucer

hotsaucer

Please note I have updated the TS030 setup :gtpflag:

Dietrich, Retiree and Wolf68 like this.
  8. Wolf68

Wolf68

Get better soon!! I really enjoy your comments around here, and you are a damned fast driver!!

@hotsaucer thanks for the updated set up!!

Dietrich, Retiree, hotsaucer and 2 others like this.
  9. Retiree

Retiree

Thanks for that my friend. It's gunna take a while so pile in and take advantage, that's what I do when Jeje has to work.:lol:

Dietrich, Wolf68, phineas777 and 2 others like this.
  10. phineas777

phineas777

Good session tonight dropping 3 seconds...

IMG_8858.JPG

:D :tup:

Uday9479, Retiree, fordlaser and 3 others like this.
  11. coryclifford

coryclifford

I thought so, as I was just wheeling around watching ghost lines. Noticed you picked up the pace a bit.

:tup:

12. phineas777

phineas777

:D

:cheers: Cory

Still a terrible first section (GP?) though.

:tup:

13. BenMillard

BenMillard

Dietrich, lfm58, Retiree and 3 others like this.
  14. Wolf68

Wolf68

Unfortunately I have to work night shifts all this weekend so no game for me till next week sometime...sigh

15. Uday9479

Uday9479

I thought the 2J would be the best car but many friends here seem to be opting the TS030 & are getting some great times.

Will try this car again for sure. Managed a 1:40:242 with the 2J today. Want to break into the 30's now.

Wolf68 likes this.
  16. coryclifford

coryclifford

I have tuned, tweaked and tuned and tweaked a Toyota til I'm actually quite thrilled with it. Therefore, I share! :D

No rigidity
    Oil changed
    90/90
    1/1
    1/1
    3/3
    0/0
    -.04/0.14
    Brakes 7/8
    Diff 6/10/5
    600/810

Trans
    Final 4.700
    Min speed
    Final 3.225

Not sure how it works with an Auto…

I'm down to 7:13.1 :tup:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    DrAug, Gadge, BenMillard and 7 others like this.
  17. Flavio Ponte

Flavio Ponte

:lol:7:22:548 with 2J... Fifth portuguese overall (third with no active steering).
    pretty comfortable with the setup. Now it's just a matter of a "balls to the wall" lap without afraid of the walls and MAYBE I can take another 2 or 3 seconds. The guys bellow 7:15:000... GET A FRIGGIN LIFE!!!!

Wolf68, Retiree and Dietrich like this.
  18. Ian JB

Ian JB

Hiya Cory,

I will have to have a crack at this one as this challenge is driving me to distraction ( no pun intended ).

I have managed a 7.50.xx lap but its red ( in a 2J ).

Here's hoping.

Cheers.

Ian.

Retiree likes this.
  19. coryclifford

coryclifford

Good luck @Ian JB, the car is quite easy to drive once you're settled in. Which why I think I went faster. Easier is gooder. Cheers and a beer clink. :D

20. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

Good going CC. The setup is great, but the more D/F and i'm a sec off. I did however make a mistake and did body rigidity, not sure how much this makes a difference.

21. coryclifford

coryclifford

Not sure, but I'd assume it understeers more. Buy another. :D

More aero means faster in the corners. Push it harder than you're comfortable with. :D or :mischievous: and :tup:

22. Ian JB

Ian JB

Whoahhhh!!!

8.03.xx at the first attempt - " Cheers and a beer clink. :D "

Its a Red wine clink here to be truthful - I bow before a master of the art - Thank you Cory.

This one really has been rattling my cage here! Lap after lap after lap and all "red".

Thank you again Cory.

Ian.

23. coryclifford

coryclifford

Well done, Ian. Beer to wine clink. :tup:

Retiree and phineas777 like this.
  24. tmtk

tmtk

A good start with 2J.
    After a couple dozens of attempted laps I finally did three "white" laps with @hotsaucer tune from the previous TT (Suzuka) and a badly adjusted final gear (hits limiter on the long straight).
    My three white laps:
    1 - 7:40
    2 - 7:32
    and just now
    3 - 7:27.093 (slight mistakes, but pushing)

I wanted to feel this car driving "out of tune" first before I try a dedicated tune, hoping for some improvements while driving over bumps and less jumps, we'll see. When 2J flies - it's bad.

I drive AT and here not being able to downshift to 1st in some corners really hurts my exits, hopefully I find a gearing that will strike a balance in that area.

25. Retiree

Retiree

Uday, did you touch the ground at all on that lap??

Wolf68 likes this.
  26. Uday9479

Uday9479

I'm still quite weary with the 2J as the car gets quite nasty when touching or going over a kerb. It feels as if the opposite lock takes place i.e. the car gets a sudden push to the other side. That's why I don't be aggressive on the turns & avoid the bigger kerbs.

Otherwise the car is quite stable when braking. If 2 wheels go on the grass, then it's as good as a goner.

Congrats.

Patience has to be the biggest attribute to Your time. Since the lap is so long, it will take a lot of persistence and precision to get a clean lap.

If I make a mistake before the half way point, I restart.

I would suggest you to continue even after the lap gets invalid. As You'll know that now no mistake will make a difference, You'll probably push harder to see the limits of the car & track.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
    AlexAlien and BenMillard like this.
  27. phineas777

phineas777

Shaved off another 1.1 seconds...

IMG_8867.JPG

Using my own 'tune' which is still a work in progress...:tup:

tmtk, AlexAlien, coryclifford and 3 others like this.
  28. Retiree

Retiree

Good going mate, you're making it hard. They must have changed the curbs on the "Ring, they're all spring loaded now. :censored::banghead:

29. Uday9479

Uday9479

Tried something (out of the box)!

Changed the max speed to 450 in the 2J. It helped improve my time to 7:34:666. My previous best to this was 7:40:242.

Again then changed the max speed to 400 & improved time to 7:32:942 for a 470th rank.

:cheers:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  30. coryclifford

coryclifford

7:12 club :D

I'm shaking. :lol:

Wolf68, UpTopLog, legger27 and 6 others like this.