630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 70 comments
Hadn't used the Zytek Nissan LMP2 car before so rolled it out for this, with only an oil change. Guessed a tune, which was mostly OK, and took a straightforward gold on my second try (after running off-track early on my first). Nowhere near most of the kerbs, so it could go much faster than my 8:18.550.

ETA: I just noticed the Audi R18 would've been eligible at stock PP. Probably my least favourite LMP car since it's painfully slow, but I might roll it out for a laugh here.

Trans [ no change ]
Default [ no change ]
Final 4.700 [ no change ]
Min speed [ no change ]
3.720 3720
2.670 2670
2.070 2132 ****
1.750 1764 ****
1.500 1500
1.303 1303
Final 3.225 3225

DF 600/800

RH 89/89

DT 6/9/5

Small changes that brought my time down by 8/10ths immediately. The tune is CC's which i modified slightly. there is more time there. give it a try CC we have to keep you in the top 10. Only i'm allowed to be quicker than you :D:bowdown::cheers:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Immortal put a couple of decent laps into the TS030 to see how the times truly match (in this case at least).

@phineas777 i agree with that. @dannimakkinen has a great lap of 7.07 for p2 with the TS. Thats 8 sec, the proverbial mile, faster than myself. I know this circuit like the back of my hand, cut my teeth on GT by driving 1000's of laps with different cars here, after which most other tracks were boringly easy. 8 sec? how is that possible? must be pretty much the perfect lap. He does not have more power so his setup must be different, perhaps lower df, which i tried and just got slower. Must be his driving skill then :bowdown::cheers:. but which element of his driving skill makes him so much faster? In order to get much quicker and learn one needs to understand where your short falls are, and it frustrates me that i have to fight my ass off to gain 8/10ths in a whole session when i need 8 seconds. I do watch some of the top guys laps, often, and use their ghosts to chase.

What keeps me going is the sheer thrill of cutting a tenth off my time, or more. That makes every hour spent trying feel like it was worth the effort, and sitting P12 very humbling.:D 👍👍

Slipped down to P10 it appears. I'll have to try something. Got to do this work thing first...

Yesterday I was .6xx up on myself but you know how that ends up. A ball of flames. Try after try.

@UpTopLog I'll try the transmission. The suspension I've been using is good for me. 90/85 and zero toes. The thing is, when I cruise around with your ghost, my third and fourth gear pulls on you every time. When I get home I'll post my numbers. Until then :cheers:

Active Steering: Off
TC: Off
ABS: 1

Lap Time: 7:06.847

Improved Body Rigidity: No
Oil: Yes

Suspension
Max/80*
min/min
1/1
1/1
6/5*
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04*

Brake balance
7/8

LSD
9*

GEARS --> reset to default
Max speed to min
1: 4.995
2: 3.585
3: 2.872
4: 2.375
5: 1.976
6: 1.750
Final gear: 2.415

Downforce
max/810*
Tuned by @hotsaucer time 7:06:800 aprox.
TSO30

Slipped down to P10 it appears. I'll have to try something. Got to do this work thing first...

Yesterday I was .6xx up on myself but you know how that ends up. A ball of flames. Try after try.

@UpTopLog I'll try the transmission. The suspension I've been using is good for me. 90/85 and zero toes. The thing is, when I cruise around with your ghost, my third and fourth gear pulls on you every time. When I get home I'll post my numbers. Until then :cheers:

Thanks CC interesting settings, look forward to trying them.

Active Steering: Off
TC: Off
ABS: 1

Lap Time: 7:06.847

Improved Body Rigidity: No
Oil: Yes

Suspension
Max/80*
min/min
1/1
1/1
6/5*
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04*

Brake balance
7/8

LSD
9*

GEARS --> reset to default
Max speed to min
1: 4.995
2: 3.585
3: 2.872
4: 2.375
5: 1.976
6: 1.750
Final gear: 2.415

Downforce
max/810*
Tuned by @hotsaucer time 7:06:800 aprox.
TSO30

@DaniMakkinen thanks a lot mate. Now there is no more guessing. Really nice of u to post your setup, not many top tenners do.

Yeah, got my gold, in my second lap, but I wanted to say that I'm glad to see that the entire top10 on this event use a steering wheel ! So do I !
I thought that gamepads are the only way to set good lap times, but I'm glad to see I was wrong ! :)

Last edited:
After dabbling with @DaniMakkinen set up, and after two and a half hours of hardly completing a lap, I returned my RH to 89/89, made DT 5/7/5 and DF 600/815 and boom boom, 2.4 sec knocked off P10 and 7.13.6. Sadly I knocked CC out of the top 10, but this will inspire him.

This is it, no changing the setup as on a subsequent lap I was 8/10th's up but snuffed it. The reason I'm making so many restarts is i'm going for it now, no fear, if I crash I crash.

:gtpflag::gtpflag::D:D:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Geez you blokes, ease up, you're making my 7.58 look real bad. I can stay about a second behind you for the first kilometer then you disappear of the screen dragging Phineas with you. This is gonna hurt!! :bowdown::scared:

Geez you blokes, ease up, you're making my 7.58 look real bad. I can stay about a second behind you for the first kilometer then you disappear of the screen dragging Phineas with you. This is gonna hurt!! :bowdown::scared:

That's still a good time mate.

Lap 4 - 7:22.789 (2J, directional buttons, AT)

After countless retries and numerous highsides or car ejection out of track at Adenauer Forst I completed a lap.
A lap of quick sections, stupid errors and crazy high-speed saves costing me a lot and lot of time.

I seem to forget how to tackle some corners. I mean, I know this, I did this, but then suddenly I can't repeat the same line, speed whatever. I'm going good and suddenly I loose .5 second at corner or section if corners I already was fast on.
Do you have that?

It's coming back eventually but it's so frustrating...:mad:

@phineas777 i agree with that. @dannimakkinen has a great lap of 7.07 for p2 with the TS. Thats 8 sec, the proverbial mile, faster than myself. I know this circuit like the back of my hand, cut my teeth on GT by driving 1000's of laps with different cars here, after which most other tracks were boringly easy. 8 sec? how is that possible? must be pretty much the perfect lap. He does not have more power so his setup must be different, perhaps lower df, which i tried and just got slower. Must be his driving skill then :bowdown::cheers:. but which element of his driving skill makes him so much faster? In order to get much quicker and learn one needs to understand where your short falls are, and it frustrates me that i have to fight my ass off to gain 8/10ths in a whole session when i need 8 seconds. I do watch some of the top guys laps, often, and use their ghosts to chase.

What keeps me going is the sheer thrill of cutting a tenth off my time, or more. That makes every hour spent trying feel like it was worth the effort, and sitting P12 very humbling.:D 👍👍

Ha! I’m more than 10 seconds behind you and CC so the lap by Danni is definitely another world away from me....skill level? Certainly for me, I have a long way to go.

You are right about the ‘sheer thrill’ too. Although, I’m not sure I agree with linking it to dropping 8/10ths per session as you mentioned :lol: The thrill I get is from this track, regardless of the car, I love it.

:cheers:

For me, it's a matter of, do I want to throw away the last few minutes to try to be faster through a later section? Works less than successful so it become way time consuming and often all for naught. Sometimes it pays off...

Stop the press!

What I really and badly wanted last time around here in June and what left me bitterly drained and frustrated, now I get: a sub 20 time.

Lap 5 - 7:19.840 :D

Moderate start, a little bit behind my best time so far, but then boom: Adenauer Forst, Kallenhard, Bergwerk - my absolute record times in that sections. Then a few calmed down corners (the fast section of Kesselschein and Klostertal) - minimal time loss, solid Karusell and absolute killer line through Hohe Acht. After this section is rather damage limitation, because with my automatic transmission I stay in low rpm 2nd gear and I get murdered on the exits without acceleration. Very cautious run through Pflanzgarten and Sprunghugel - it's where the ejection out of track is most likely.
Really nice exit from Galgenkopf on to the straight, around Antoniusbusche I am 2.1 seconds in front, during braking for the final chicane for a milisecond I thought I overcooked it, but it turned out the line wasn't the best in terms of car stability but totally hilarious in terms of time gain - 2.9 seconds on the line (true, my previous last sector was very sketchy).

So here I am. Do I want to better this? For a few hundred times go through first sectors only to get bounced off the kerbs into the grass? Fly out of Flugplatz? Taste the sand at Aremberg? Hit that idiotic bump after Fuchsrohre and say hi to the wall? Go to sleep in the middle of the night with that bitter taste of disappointment over and over again?

I do.

:gtplanet:

Back