630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 225 comments
It certainly does get loose. And I think it's only good for 1 mph more down the long straight. Not sure if it's worth that.

I figure if I can still floor it through a couple places I can keep backing off the downforce but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Probably not worth it. I think one has to floor it the whole way, i'm too tentative because the laps so long, and don't want to mess it up, but just have to go for it. Andromeda did 2.11 last year using max downforce.

I'm not sure ripping the TS030 around the ring with max dforce is the fastest, there are a lot of straights.
I use 833 rear downforce, also 86 rear ride height to be even more slippery down the straight. If I don't use these modifications, I lose about 3-4 tenths per lap (looking at ghost on straights). Also fine tuning fifth and sixth gear will give you more

f7YCGZZNyzklREtsV_0.jpg

Today for the 1st time trying the 2J. The biggest drawback of driving this car is that once the fastest lap has been posted in this car, no other car (atleast for me) will be able to better it.

The car (still using stock settings) jumps a lot over the kerbs. Reminds me of the sausage kind kerb that has been installed near the swimming pool section for the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend.

Wish had more friends in the list to compete against. I'm not the most competitve player here but love a fair fight.

P.S - It's just a coincidence that all of the friends visible in the list are from Australia. :lol:
20170524_185816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@UpTopLog I went up to 600/800 aero and on the second lap I got a 7:15.2, so uh, yeah, seems faster than lower downforce. I made 6 mistakes coming out of corners, peeling out. Balance is off a little.

@Uday9479 You can add me if you'd like. PSN is EeePee 👍

Edit: put rear toe up .05 to .12, added 5 rear aero and just got a 7:13.5 :D

Last edited:
@UpTopLog I went up to 600/800 aero and on the second lap I got a 7:15.2, so uh, yeah, seems faster than lower downforce. I made 6 mistakes coming out of corners, peeling out. Balance is off a little.

@Uday9479 You can add me if you'd like. PSN is EeePee 👍

:banghead::banghead::banghead: thanks CC. great time mate. i've gone temporarily insane, i just cannot get below 7.20. with 2J as well.

what BHP you got? max554 ?? just checking everything

Last edited:
I'm not sure ripping the TS030 around the ring with max dforce is the fastest, there are a lot of straights.
I use 833 rear downforce, also 86 rear ride height to be even more slippery down the straight. If I don't use these modifications, I lose about 3-4 tenths per lap (looking at ghost on straights). Also fine tuning fifth and sixth gear will give you more

i'm losing 3-4 tenths per klm. lol. good time mate

Just did 7:13.5

556 HP, 321 ft-lb. Max after oil change in a new car. 1.61 kg/HP

Just switched to a G27 from DFGT. Makes me :odd: wonder.

600/805

I did engine rebuild which includes oil change, 554 bhp. brilliant grats

Although 2 bhp may not sound a lot, over 25.8 klm it could be significant. Could the mileage on the car affect that? 30,000+ klm. 1.62kg/HP

Last edited:
7.19.3 the only completed lap. There's more, I need to find that gearbox for the Toyota.

Edit bit later : Ok so CC, that's a fact, new car extra 2 bhp, and a huge 1 sec gain. I don't know, I've done near perfect laps as I can do. No Luck. I did do body rigidity but surely that can't make such a difference, can it??? I'm at least 3-4 sec off what I believe I can do, think i'm just going to study some replays of @hotsaucers lap and see if I can pick up anything, thanks for the tune @hotsaucer.

Last edited:
My modifications to the andromeda setup. Enjoy peeps
TS030

Updated*

Track - Ring 24H :gtplanet:

Active Steering: Off
TC: Off
ABS: 1

Lap Time: 7:06.847

Improved Body Rigidity: No
Oil: Yes

Suspension
Max/80*
min/min
1/1
1/1
6/5*
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04*

Brake balance
7/8

LSD
9*

GEARS --> reset to default
Max speed to min
1: 4.995
2: 3.585
3: 2.872
4: 2.375
5: 1.976
6: 1.750
Final gear: 2.415

Downforce
max/810*

Last edited:
My modifications to the andromeda setup. Enjoy peeps
TS030

Track - Ring 24H :gtplanet:

Active Steering: Off
TC: Off
ABS: 1

Lap Time: 7:07.852

Improved Body Rigidity: No
Oil: Yes

Suspension
Max/85
min/min
1/1
1/1
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.02/-0.02

Brake balance
7/8

LSD

GEARS --> reset to default
Max speed to min
1: 4.995
2: 3.585
3: 2.872
4: 2.375
5: 1.976
6: 1.750
Final gear: 2.415

Downforce
max/830

Thanks@hotsaucer. CC maybe you can answer this as well. Active Steering - does it affect your speed. If I take off all aids, and use above LSD, i cannot accelerate, the car just spins in circles. Using gtfg wheel.

CC maybe you can answer this as well. Active Steering - does it affect your speed. If I take off all aids, and use above LSD, i cannot accelerate, the car just spins in circles.

I would say it does not affect your speed, but if a car is tuned for Active Steering on, it won't drive the same as if it's tuned without it (given the same person is driving) and vice versa. And tunes are VERY subjective. I like @hotsaucer's gearbox (because it keeps the revs up higher than what I had), but not his suspension. Stiff ARBs never makes sense to me, as they just make the car slide instead of grip, but with Active Steering on, it might be totally fine. Rear toe out, not sure I like that for getting out of corners going straight. Rear lower ride height makes the rear end slippery into corners. And he's running a looser diff than I had. And he's got more rear aero than me. Granted he's faster than I am, but if I can't even drive his car, I'm not going to use it. I'll take bits and pieces of it though. :D

I would say it does not affect your speed, but if a car is tuned for Active Steering on, it won't drive the same as if it's tuned without it (given the same person is driving) and vice versa. And tunes are VERY subjective. I like @hotsaucer's gearbox (because it keeps the revs up higher than what I had), but not his suspension. Stiff ARBs never makes sense to me, as they just make the car slide instead of grip, but with Active Steering on, it might be totally fine. Rear toe out, not sure I like that for getting out of corners going straight. Rear lower ride height makes the rear end slippery into corners. And he's running a looser diff than I had. And he's got more rear aero than me. Granted he's faster than I am, but if I can't even drive his car, I'm not going to use it. I'll take bits and pieces of it though. :D

Thanks. Ok the tuning for AS makes sense. I'll have to lower the LSD AS cause i'm just so all over the place in the corners. Do I recall correctly I saw you post a setup somewhere? The trans from @hotsaucer is magic

Back