• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 70 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

TT#71 - 630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap @ Nürburgring 24h.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event 2015 / repeated event 2016 / repeated event 2017. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Before crushing this with the 2J or TS030 remember the top class in the Nürburgring 24 hr race are the GT3 cars called SP9 and SPX. The SP7 Porsche’s are a little slower. Real pole times are in the mid-low 8:00s, last year the Glickenhaus car did an 8:15 pole.

Third time repeat though? Second time gold was 8:30.

Isn't this also a repeated event of this year's May/June TT?

Anyways, I remember it being a frustrating nightmare, finished with 21.4 (2J, ds3, directional buttons) and thumbs completely wasted.
(I know it won't turn more or accelerate faster if I press harder, but can't help it...)

I'm not sure I have enough resolve to push that hard again, especially with the other long TT to go, but will give it a try.

Lap 1 - 7:38.457

Before crushing this with the 2J or TS030 remember the top class in the Nürburgring 24 hr race are the GT3 cars called SP9 and SPX. The SP7 Porsche’s are a little slower. Real pole times are in the mid-low 8:00s, last year the Glickenhaus car did an 8:15 pole.

Third time repeat though? Second time gold was 8:30.

Yeah it'd be nice if they banned the 2J and LMP cars from running detuned in TTs. Maybe base it on the car's stock PP or something. I hear they've had similar issues in GTS with everyone detuning to the class limits...

Not had a chance to run this yet, but last time here I managed 8:11.xxx in the '95 McLaren F1 GTR. Trying to use cars that I haven't used already, but that's my fall-back if I can't find anything else that works.

Had a few minutes to run a couple of different cars.....

IMG_1493.JPG

7:59.xxx with the GTR

IMG_1498.JPG

Felt the GTR cornered better but the backend was a little looser coming out of the tighter corners.....

I think I'm at 7:21 but can't quite remember. I texted a buddy that I was P6 but still 7 seconds back from @oilpressure who was P1. Took me about ten tries to tie one together... Tired yesterday and just woke up from a 9 hour nap.

I did a 7.27"308 with the Peugeot 905. Great car but very oversteery happy. Tried the 2J today but it's really a big change from a high downforce LM car. Got to learn how to properly drive it without flying at Flugplatz or going too wide at Aremberg. But I saw that I was about a second and a half faster at the end of the GP track so I hope when I'll try again that I will improve.

Z69mvXr.jpg

Last edited:
Had a few minutes to run a couple of different cars.....

View attachment 686727

7:59.xxx with the GTR

View attachment 686728

Felt the GTR cornered better but the backend was a little looser coming out of the tighter corners.....

@phineas777, thank you for reminding me about the Supra.👍👍 It was the car I used in 1 of the 4 times this event has been recycled. After I golded the vent last time I put it up so it has the same tune. I'm also going to try @skeagracing tune on the 330 P4 Ferrari. I rather put my time here than Sierra. Never found the right car, setup and driver.:lol:

Lap 3 - 7:23.535 (2J, directional buttons, AT)

Getting close to my previous result. Very slow final chicane, scared of crashing like few tries earlier (lost about .4)
There is sub-20 lap there for sure, but the amount of risk to take makes every attempt a daring endavour.
Most popular crash spot: Klostertal (trying to nurse that speed all the way)

Having problems with corner exits, my AT transmission stays on low rpm 2nd in the slower corners and I don't have that grunt accelerating out of the corners. Anybody know how to make the 2nd to 1st gear switch at higher speed while braking?

Well, you need a bit more now. :D

7:14.704 👍

Yes, that's a great lap, what you sniffing :D. Down a bit to 7.16.6 . PO10 I'm going to frame that. Car is handling like a dream. Tiny mistakes, and manual so chuffed. Anyone in the top 10 60'ish.

Update; 7.15.8 scrappy lap, car has never seen me before, or so it seems, the handling is rubbish, and i have not changed a thing. I don't get it!!!!!!!

7.15.0 back to p12. worked for almost 2 hrs on the trans of CC's, and suddenly i was much quicker. was 1.2 sec up but lost a bit through nerves. a few changes to D/T, and D/F handling is good again. Will post changes later.

Last edited:
The Woodone Supra was not what I expected or shall say what I remembered. It had a terrible case of understeer in too many critical points the first being the left hander that you go into from the almost 180 right at then of the front straight. I drive with less aids than I did a year ago and that could be why. Red lap after red lapin the run off area. So I never got to the ring. Did a search of cars by PP and found a couple of my favorites and thought I clicked on the HSV but it was the '08 Base Model GT-R. I got in it and went straight to the event. Car handled very well, braked very well but I was a :dunce: for not adjusting the final drive. I looked at the graph and thought I would run 200. Bouncing off the rev limiter at 185 MPH. I was watching the seconds go by as i was headed for the finish. I had a very good transition from the Ring onto the front straight and gold. What killed me was losing the 3 +billion credits. I didn't need them but just the feeling I got when I saw what the prize credits were. The first time I ever went almost 20 seconds faster than the gold time. I saved the replay as I doubt I'll ever do that again, unless someone has a G27 just laying around and don't need.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe I'll try again after Sierra.

Edit: Almost forgot, I used my own tune. I already had a tune on "A" so I went to "B". I mention this only because there have been so many people here that have helped me to learn to tune. I am a long way away from opening a garage but I'm very thankful of the ones who do.👍👍:cheers:

Attachments

• GTR 08 Base Model.jpg
    GTR 08 Base Model.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Only 10,550 players under 10:00 minutes so far, seems like a big drop off in users.

One week later up to 14,817 under the Bronze standard.

Last edited:
Hey @Racin510s, here is the quick tune I threw together for the Supra. I used a wheel for the above posted time but I just gave it a quick run on the DS3 and it works pretty well (8:09). However, if you do find it a little loose you could try raising the ARBs or even the dampers a little. Have fun 👍

Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra '03

630PP
681 BHP (Stage 3 engine, mid-range turbo, 92.1%)

1100 kg (ratio 53:47)

RH 72/75
SR 12.00/11.80
DC 1/2
DE 2/1
ARB 3/3
CA 0/0
TOE 0.00/0.12

BB 6/5 (or to preferred balance)

Gears
Reset to Default
FG to far right
Max Speed 124 (mph), or to far left
Then gears 1-6
FG 2.900

DIFF 6/8/5

DF max / max

No ballast, no rigdy, no oil change

TC 1, ABS 1, only

I'm walking on eggs with all cars, lack of talent and bad setup for sure. I did a 8.35 with the Mac Laren GTR and a 8'25.xxx with the R92CP. It is worth a try for good drivers to do less than 8' with it !

I can't understand how you are able to let the TS30 fly around the ring.
It is so nervous and unforgiving...
Tried with different setups, but this thing is too hard to handle for me.

Finally got back on my Pescarolo and had fun.
Next step: get it under 8.00 min.
Should be possible, My 8.15 min were a safe drive to get to gold.

4'th time now, they myst be pleased with this combo!

I've once said this is one of the sweetest combos I've ever done, and I maintain it still is.

I hate the 2J, but the TS030 is such a peach around here. That car is a real joy to drive through those fast sections, I would'nt mind some extra power tho to really be able to match the 2J's speed.

Back