630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 303 comments
25,000 klm grinding,649 bhp, the pp hasn't dropped in the last 4,000 klm. Is there a limit to pp falling out of interest.
Seems 649/650 bhp is the limit according to Kossie, report #254.

I'm at 8,000 km and still on 632bhp. Can't grind at night as the car always crashes, no matter, Route X during the day will have to do.

edit.... Reached 8,800km before the oil light lit up. Gave me 635bhp, nearly where I was with 10kg ballast. Will grind a bit more before I try Suzuka again.

Last edited:
I must say my first experience of ''grinding a car'' has not proved that successful. I can get 654bhp adding 10kg ballast, but have not bettered my time of 1.47.3.

I'm really struggling to understand how fellow racers with racing wheels, are using drivetrain settings of say 10/14/5, with no TC. without it, i just keep spinning out at every tight corner, no matter if i barely touch accelerator or slam it down. This forces me to use TC, which i dont like doing. Any advise out there?

I must say my first experience of ''grinding a car'' has not proved that successful. I can get 654bhp adding 10kg ballast, but have not bettered my time of 1.47.3.

I'm really struggling to understand how fellow racers with racing wheels, are using drivetrain settings of say 10/14/5, with no TC. without it, i just keep spinning out at every tight corner, no matter if i barely touch accelerator or slam it down. This forces me to use TC, which i dont like doing. Any advise out there?

Train with no traction, It's faster. Practice is the key there. I think you can make a 1:46 without traction. Don't give it up after a couple slips, Make rounds with it.

I use TC 0 and ABS 1 with drivetrain settings
8/9/10 and find it works for me.
It may help you?

I'm not really fast enough to be giving advice, especially to someone who is 2 tenths ahead of me, but if you can just wait a tad longer before you push the pedal to the metal, until you are heading in the direction you want to go, you may find yourself spinning out less. Otherwise extreme throttle control is required.
Good luck.

I'm not really fast enough to be giving advice, especially to someone who is 2 tenths ahead of me, but if you can just wait a tad longer before you push the pedal to the metal, until you are heading in the direction you want to go, you may find yourself spinning out less. Otherwise extreme throttle control is required.
Good luck.[/QU

Thanks mate, practise and more practise i guess.

There is something with this event, I just realised I've never met the required PP level, I was down by some 20-something points :banghead:
After the correction I improved by 1.5 seconds...:rolleyes:

That is amazing!!!!
If I touched the sides of the track like that I would have spun out so bad.
Watching your steering inputs and how the car responded was mind blowing....
Yes haha but footwork as important as steering work. You need to do a smooth work with the foot, so the steering work become easyer ^^

I use the O button (side brake) to help change the corner entry angle or keep sliding a little bit. And in the final straight i changed the brake balace for 5/5 to 5/7.
When I was using the controller (buttons) I always used the O button (handbrake) to help turning, swings the rear out a little.
Never learned how to do it with my G27 though.

Here is a slow tune for the BMW Z4,there is a couple changes i made on the way.Have a bash if ya want,no record breaker but if ya slow like me its all fun. Add the bits you want.

630pp 632bhp 1190kg 48:52 Weight Racing Soft Tyres

Body: 380/560
Power: High Turbo @ 76.3 %
Diff: 8/13/10
Trans: F.G. 3500 Top Min 1st 4816 2nd 3737 3rd 3049 4th 2525 5th 2113 6th 1766 F.G. 2216
Susp: 82/85 Min/Min 1/1 1/1 7/7 0/0 0/0 Brakes 5/4

Not the fastest but netted me a 1:48.186 so far, the gears are still a bit rough and surprised how well it drives with the lower down force.

Edit: made some changes which has got me a 1:47,954

Body: 360/550
Diff: 5/13/16
Trans: 2nd 3770 3rd 3073 4th 2564 6th 1768 F.G. 2200
Susp: Height 70/95 Toe -0.04/0.0

and you can add body rig as well if you want,remember do not change oil....Hope this helps a bit more
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Here is some more changes if you want to try

Body: 360/500
Diff: 5/13/5
Trans: Default top min 1st 4656 2nd 3608 3rd 2949 4th 2461 5th 2042 6th 1733 F.G. 2240
Susp: Toe -0.06/0.18 Brakes 4/3 or ?

!:47.295 i ended up on, that will do,i had dirty oil so power was 642 bhp about 82 % about 7200+ k's

Back