630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 303 comments
Someone please tell me how much grinding it takes. Ive done 24,000 klm and only on 648 bhp. Am i missing a trick with the grinding? Ran route x for 14 hrs for a 1 pp gain :banghead::banghead:

Just scraped into the 49s (finally!) with a 1:49.964 using the Z4.

Using @SW__10's Bathurst tune, practically as is, and Maxx's (@GNR1987's) gears that were posted earlier here. As has been pointed out by others, this tune is great 👍

Minor mods to the tune made were:

BB: 3/2
LSD: 14 for decel

:cheers: fellas for posting

EDIT: Oh, didn't do the rigidity improvement either

Last edited:
Someone please tell me how much grinding it takes. Ive done 24,000 klm and only on 648 bhp. Am i missing a trick with the grinding? Ran route x for 14 hrs for a 1 pp gain :banghead::banghead:
Have you do a oil change after you buy the car? I have now 18.000 km not miles KM, on my Z4 and i have 650 bhp(658 hp). So that's strange :boggled:

I found that I'm faster with a controller myself, although my wheel is quite old so that might have something to do with it...lol

I think I 'm always faster with my controller, Because i never drive a real car, So yes: Some drivers are faster with a controller. But if you can drive good with a wheel you Can set better times i think.

I'm a pad player. I say it a lot: I'm not a good driver, i Train with a controller and can get good times. I have very much respect for wheel drivers, Almost all of them are better drivers then me:sly:

I'm just a good controller player who never drive a real car. But I love the game:cheers:

Yeah, I saw those guys. One with the stick, one on the buttons.......they are fast! 👍

Good luck catching them :D

I use a controller too but I'm way waayyy down back in the comfy seats :lol:, it's great fun.
Only with race cars I'm fast, With sports tires i'm sucks(most of the time). What time you make at the other TT?

Ahhh, the infamous last turn. I've had some battles with them. After being ahead of my ghost a million times and having this 🤬 computer come up with a million ways to punt me off the track, today it came up with one even I couldn't believe.
Came to the last corners .7 ahead and finally into the mid 48s thinking this is it, braked for the right hander hit it turned left hit it again but both times it was like the brakes were still on and it refused to go until my:censored:🤬 ghost shot past and then away it went chasing it.
One day my missus is going to come home and find me a blubbering idiot or my den is gunna be wrecked.:cheers:

Well I lose sound occasionally but my wheel works OK, it's the bloke behind it whose the trouble.

Anyway took another hundredth off, now on 1:47.621 for pos #71.

Wish I had Kossie's 649bhp instead of my 636bhp (9kg ballast) :).

Well I lose sound occasionally but my wheel works OK, it's the bloke behind it whose the trouble.

Anyway took another hundredth off, now on 1:47.621 for pos #71.

Wish I had Kossie's 649bhp instead of my 636bhp (9kg ballast) :).
Well let it grind in the night and it took 2 days 👍

Well let it grind in the night and it took 2 days 👍
I'd really love to know what difference those extra bhp make.
In GT5 a driver could lend his cars and some faster drivers did that, but not in GT6.

I may be able to get an idea of the difference by lowering my bhp by an equivalent amount, down to say 623bhp, and comparing the difference in time to what I currently have, 636bhp.

It may not give an exact incremental measurement by going backwards, but it would be interesting all the same.

Last edited:
Finally after all my dramas I broke into the 48s with s10's tune (thank you) and chasing JotaFDuarte's ghost,thanks for befriending me, and finished with a 1.48.719 .5 up. Big deal for me after driving like a maniac and a Mr Cool for a couple weeks, I actually got it driving a bit like a girl. You just never know!!:cheers::lol::gtpflag:

I'd really love to know what difference those extra bhp make.
In GT5 a driver could lend his cars and some faster drivers did that, but not in GT6.

I may be able to get an idea of the difference by lowering my bhp by an equivalent amount, down to say 123bhp, and comparing the difference in time to what I currently have, 136bhp.

It may not give an exact incremental measurement by going backwards, but it would be interesting all the same.
I'll race you if you are going to use 136bhp, that would be the only way I'm gunna catch you!!!:bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, 24hrs later and I can advise I have bitten the bullet, bought a new car and started grinding. I'm pretty sure Nowcontrol will improve soon and eclipse my lead with a 'ground' car, so this time I hope to be ready. We'll see.

I dropped the power down from 636bhp to 623bhp to emulate the difference between me and Kossie (in reverse) and after a few laps found I was around the 1:48.4 mark, mind you it was a pretty quick experiment. Anyway it showed a difference of about .8 sec. Which is significant, albeit perhaps not very accurate.

So started grinding at Daytona last night and checked this morning at 5:30am and it was stuck in the wall and had been for 5 hours, ha ha. No matter, started it off again and after the boys went to school this morning ran it at the Special Stage Route X, manually of course and soon made it over the 1st 1,000 km. Naturally I got sick of this after a while, doing the turns and correcting the crashes into the wall at 410km/h etc, so decided to go back to Daytona and just let it grind away.

But, I forgot to go into Settings before I left and so lost all my miles (km), ha ha ha. Anyway started again, did some more at Route X and am now back at Daytona with 2,700 km on the speedo and watching Ronan on TV with the boys.

I'm pretty sure Nowcontrol will improve soon and eclipse my lead with a 'ground' car, so this time I hope to be ready. We'll see

:lol:

My current time on this one was only a short session with the 'Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition' just to obtain the Gold time and Prize car. I've been thinking I might try the Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition for an improvement too, because it is a 0 miles car in my garage.

I've not been grinding the BMW for this so your spot in front of me is relatively safe tho I may give my 1026 miles (1650km) BMW a blast around Suzuka at some point. I'm not that bothered to compete here because I'm a bit disappointed that we are no longer going to get any new exciting TT variations that we have not had before and a chance to use many unused cars. (PD FAIL) :rolleyes:
I've just not got the eagerness to try that hard anymore with certain combos that we've already had. :confused:

And I've not even done the other TT yet, but I may get that done this weekend with an unusual car choice before I decide if I want to use the GT40. :indiff:

I forgot to go into Settings before I left and so lost all my miles (km)

Do it from the Free Run tab in your garage and you don't have to worry about forgetting, it's only arcade mode that does not save mileage if you forget to go to the settings page before leaving. 👍

Thanks for that advice mate about the Free Run.
Yes, it's a bit sad that the TT's are not improving and that some good players are not taking them as seriously anymore because of it.
I never looked at what you drove in this one, would be interested to see what you can manage in the BMW though, after all, you are still the benchmark I use. Cheers.

There are the same people around me in both TTs :gtpflag:
2ns73ap.jpg

15qrm0n.jpg
And I say the same...

Back