7/19/12 - A-Spec: 500PP World Classic Car Series

Try the old 'Merc (54'?) I had it down to 425 pp or so and won all the events. Probably could have gone much lower on some of the events. Toughest one was the kart track...took that one in the last corner.

Just to make things interesting, I decided to see if I could lap the slowest car at Rome.

My first attempt was with a Chevy Camaro Z28 '69. After installing a bunch of parts, my Camaro has a PP value of 472.

I then re-set the game console so I can race against the 2nd lineup which has the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe (S50-1) '63 in the field (I'm pretty sure that he's the slowest car that we face in this Seasonal).

The race starts and I blast thru the field and lap the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe just before he starts his 5th lap!

My second attempt was with a Chevy Corvette Convertible C3 '69. I installed a bunch of parts and tuned my Corvette to a PP value of 467. After another drive thru the field, I pass and lap the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe just as I cross the Finish line.

Enjoy the credits!
PS: At this level of tune, both Chevy's will smoke the Ginetta G4, even though this wasn't the point of my races.
GTsail

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Toyota 2000 GT '67 ? It is the only car I could find to beat Eiger. Never tried the 2J, figured it to be too easy with that one.

Has anyone tried the Toyota 2000 GT '67 ? It is the only car I could find to beat Eiger....

Yes, I too found that the Toyota 2000GT '67 was excellent at most tracks.

I would also recommend the Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68 and the Mazda 110S '68 (and its sister car, the Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S).

Respectfully,
GTsail

Yes, I too found that the Toyota 2000GT '67 was excellent at most tracks.

I would also recommend the Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68 and the Mazda 110S '68 (and its sister car, the Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S).

Respectfully,
GTsail

I have the two Mazdas. I have been looking for the '68 Fiarlady but only since this seasonal started so not a long search so far LOL.

Just to make things interesting, I decided to see if I could lap the slowest car at Rome.

My first attempt was with a Chevy Camaro Z28 '69. After installing a bunch of parts, my Camaro has a PP value of 472.

I then re-set the game console so I can race against the 2nd lineup which has the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe (S50-1) '63 in the field (I'm pretty sure that he's the slowest car that we face in this Seasonal).

The race starts and I blast thru the field and lap the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe just before he starts his 5th lap!

My second attempt was with a Chevy Corvette Convertible C3 '69. I installed a bunch of parts and tuned my Corvette to a PP value of 467. After another drive thru the field, I pass and lap the Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe just as I cross the Finish line.

Enjoy the credits!
PS: At this level of tune, both Chevy's will smoke the Ginetta G4, even though this wasn't the point of my races.
GTsail

The 500pp Camaro had me lapping the last car on the Rome event.

The 500pp Camaro had me lapping the last car on the Rome event.

Nice!

I have also been able to lap the last car on the Madrid Mini track while driving my Chevy's. It took quite a bit more horsepower though. Your 500PP Camaro should be strong enough, I would think.

GTsail

Nice!

I have also been able to lap the last car on the Madrid Mini track while driving my Chevy's. It took quite a bit more horsepower though. Your 500PP Camaro should be strong enough, I would think.

GTsail

I don't even run the power very high - around 250hp is about all it can take before it just gets crazy with the wheelspin. I put the extra PP into weight reduction and downforce, which really helps keep the rear planted through the long sweepers.

I have to admit that this was one of the most frustrating seasonals for me ever. I have a sweet little G4 so I decided to run it. Got killed on every track. I was reading through this thread and someone mentioned the Alfa Race car. Got it out and washed it. Set it at 470PP with a 5.90 rear gear and cleaned house. So a big thank you for whoever it was that mentioned the Alfa. It even beat the Ginetta in 3 of the races. The Alfa seems like it was meant for Comfort Soft tires. No sliding or wheel spin though I do use aids at lower settings.

I know I am not the best of drivers but have been able to complete GT1-GT4. I am about 91% through GT5. I don't drive in the grass and try not to punt the slower cars but sometimes it is just necessary. Now that I have completed this event I may go back and try it again in some other cars. If I do it will be a while.

I was one of a few that mentioned the Alfa, so glad if I helped. It's a fantastic car. Well done if you won the Eiger in it. I couldn't crack it and God knows I tried. I had to use the Ferarri P4 330 for that one in the end.

Had a great race.
Waited till the G4 was not competing on Cote and lowered The PP of my Alfa to 359.
Needed a couple of races but finally won
Great car!
Won 1,6 mil

Has anyone tried the Toyota 2000 GT '67 ? It is the only car I could find to beat Eiger. Never tried the 2J, figured it to be too easy with that one.

I tried the Toyota as my first choice because I love this car and could not get it done. I even used my G4 tuned and could not catch the turboed G4. It wasn't until I used the Alfa Race car that I was able to win. The Alfa @ 470PP will beat the G4 as well.

Just had a crack at these last night using the 69 Vette @ 485pp for the first 4 races. Won Monaco by .0004, man it was close! Had to 2 attempts at the kart circuit then went to bed with 2 second places. Try again this afternoon.

Lambo Miura is something else! Just smoked the Elan by 11.020 seconds at the Eifel Kart Track, running 445pp, 950kg, 197hp. I'm really digging this car on these tires, especially at lower power settings!

The Ginetta G4 average finish time was 10:17 to 10:19, the car will need an average lap of 2:03 to win the race, I passed the G4 in the last 3 corners. I doubt with full ballast and lowest HP, the car could do the lap time necessary to beat the G4.

You are right, 10:17 is the G4 time, in the fully detuned Camaro at 401 pp, best times are in the 2:05 range, can not beat the G4 with those lap times. But in 10 minutes if you dont race against the G4 you can get 1.35 m credits against the other cars.

The lowest i can get my camaro is 409pp now with more than a few grinding races beneath it's belt, but at this pp i can beat the g4 easily, i'm averaging 2:01 lap times.

I have the Camaro RM for up for share if anyone wants it. It's tuned at 450 pp, for 1 mill a win at Cote. It either passes the G4 on the last lap or earlier. Without G4 I passed the leader at the end of the 3rd lap.
Add me if you would like to borrow: chargersRock18

I'v done so far Eifel with Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata.
Won it easily 395pp and only tuning needed is just set gear rations lower 👍

Whoever at PD decided this series should run with Comfort Softs is a real knob.

this....I'm losing traction on straights and light sweeps. I'm not all that good, but I'm not that bad either. This may be the first a-spec seasonal I won't do because it's aggravating and zero fun. 👎 It's not even a good learning experience.

"Comfort" tires are simply not realistic for racing and no real race with cars in this performance range would ever use Pep Boys cheap all season tires.

this....I'm losing traction on straights and light sweeps. I'm not all that good, but I'm not that bad either. This may be the first a-spec seasonal I won't do because it's aggravating and zero fun. 👎 It's not even a good learning experience.

"Comfort" tires are simply not realistic for racing and no real race with cars in this performance range would ever use Pep Boys cheap all season tires.

You should try some of the cars suggested by other members, the Camaro Z28 '69 RM has great traction and grip, I have a tune for the car posted here as well, or you can borrow it from chargersrock18 :cheers:

Ridox2JZGTE
You should try some of the cars suggested by other members, the Camaro Z28 '69 RM has great traction and grip, I have a tune for the car posted here as well, or you can borrow it from chargersrock18 :cheers:

I have the Alfa up for share as well as the GT40.

The Alfa is awesome. Corners like a dream, very predictable. Haven't beat the G4 yet (did it with the Vette) but steady 2.0 laps should get it done.

I was pretty frustrated with these races, but I have learned a lot and become a much better driver. Maybe that was the point.

Love this car. Corners smoothly, and brakes so well. Handles like a dream.

LSD 9/38/15
Height -22/-21
Spring 6.6/7.7
Exten 7/7
Comp 6/6
Anti 5/5
Camber 1.8/1.4
Toe -0.15/0.06
Brakes 6/5

Thanks for this setup man...made a nice ride even better.

I've had much better luck cutting the HP down and running traction control set at 1. I've found that anything approaching 300hp just won't hook up, even with traction control on. In fact, my best times at the Eifel Kart track came with the Miura @ 197hp, the Chappie 2D @ 202hp, and the Camaro @ 225hp - far, far less than they come with stock. The Miura and Chappie are choked down to 50% power. At the Eiger Nordwand, the Chappie still took the G4 by over 11 seconds with the PP as low as I could get it (484pp).

shepzki View Post
The second lineup is far better for lower PP as the Elan Ginetta is not in the race. Just did 380pp in my Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 and won by 14.5 seconds (@ Monaco) so there is much more to be had.

1,544,660 CR
154804 XP

Edit

Just won again @ 364PP, it's as low as I can get this car to go without wearing the engine down. 50% power @ max ballast.

CR 1,700,040
XP 170376

~~

Brought my Corvette Convertible C3 '69 down to 393PP and won, then down to 390PP ( 173hp, 200kg ballast and 58.3% power) and won by a couple of seconds, not a pretty race though, but can't for the life of me see how you could manage it @ 380PP and win by 14 seconds, let alone @ 364 PP.

Are we talking the same car? Mine only goes down to 373PP @ minimum 50% power. It's flat out getting up the hill at 390PP.

I was able to silver and bronze all events with the 2000 GT at 400pp even, it was some good racing.

shepzki View Post
The second lineup is far better for lower PP as the Elan Ginetta is not in the race. Just did 380pp in my Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 and won by 14.5 seconds (@ Monaco) so there is much more to be had.

1,544,660 CR
154804 XP

Edit

Just won again @ 364PP, it's as low as I can get this car to go without wearing the engine down. 50% power @ max ballast.

CR 1,700,040
XP 170376

~~

Brought my Corvette Convertible C3 '69 down to 393PP and won, then down to 390PP ( 173hp, 200kg ballast and 58.3% power) and won by a couple of seconds, not a pretty race though, but can't for the life of me see how you could manage it @ 380PP and win by 14 seconds, let alone @ 364 PP.

Are we talking the same car? Mine only goes down to 373PP @ minimum 50% power. It's flat out getting up the hill at 390PP.

~~~~~

Well, tried and won a @ 385PP in the Corvette, $1,498,960...exp 150,224,
using 55.6% power. Beat the Elan by 1.8 sec.
That's enough for now.

Back