7/19/12 - A-Spec: 500PP World Classic Car Series

I did it on Corvette'69. Stock. CM tires. ALL assists OFF. ABS - OFF. Ballast +50 kg. PP - 450. Double reward. Every track is done on vette. Good car.
Can anyone beat 'em on Comfort Mediums without tuning?????? Not even a lot..?

Last edited:
~~~~~

Well, tried and won a @ 385PP in the Corvette, $1,498,960...exp 150,224,
using 55.6% power. Beat the Elan by 1.8 sec.
That's enough for now.

Haven't won at 380PP yet, can't see how anyone could win at 364PP.

Won @ 380PP, $1,544,660...exp 154804..159hp...50.5 power. Changed to a semi racing exhaust, which seems to help.
OK, heading south again.

I have the Camaro RM for up for share if anyone wants it. It's tuned at 450 pp, for 1 mill a win at Cote. It either passes the G4 on the last lap or earlier. Without G4 I passed the leader at the end of the 3rd lap.
Add me if you would like to borrow: chargersRock18

Thank you for sharing the car :)

I've Golded the first 4 races in a '54 Vette, a '69 Vette, and the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65. But the kart track is KILLING ME! Gonna try the Camaro and maybe the 2D next.

These are my latest numbers. The first two were done in the Cosmo L10B '68 with the last 3 in the Cosmo L10A '67 with tunes by Outlaw Motorsports Garage (XDesperado67) from the tuners section here.The tune was specifically for the '67 but works just as well for the '68.

Madrid -387pp -1,000,080cr.
Eiger - 400pp -1,032,000cr.
Cote D'Azur - 370pp -1,645,200cr.
Rome - 380pp -1,275,000cr.
Eifel - 375pp -1,400,000cr.

Good Luck...:)

I still have 3 cars up for share specially for this event: 1) Ford GT40 2) Alfa (long name) 3) and then 450 pp Camaro RM

I cannot stand comfort tires!! No matter what car I use, I always end up wrecking. Any suggestions? Thanks:)

With the other suggestions you might also try it with the racing line on! You'd be surprised how early you'll need to brake.

Rit
With the other suggestions you might also try it with the racing line on! You'd be surprised how early you'll need to brake.
^This^ Lower grade tires require earlier braking regardless of car and old cars in the game have even less available grip than their more modern descendants due to being modeled much narrower. Earlier braking and a gentle touch on both brakes and throttle will greatly improve times with these cars. Slamming on the brakes is more likely to lock the wheels up and kill your control of the car. Likewise just hammering the throttle is likely to overwhelm the tires even with relatively little HP and Torque. You can run some surprisingly fast laps but it requires more finesse to do so. Super aggressive driving with very late braking and to much throttle to early on corner exits is only going to lead to frustration not wins.

I've Golded the first 4 races in a '54 Vette, a '69 Vette, and the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65. But the kart track is KILLING ME! Gonna try the Camaro and maybe the 2D next.

Those both work well, and the Miura does even better.

Chappie and Miura gave me their best times when kept to around 200hp; Camaro's best for me was around 250hp. More power ≠ faster on this course!

^This^ Lower grade tires require earlier braking regardless of car and old cars in the game have even less available grip than their more modern descendants due to being modeled much narrower. Earlier braking and a gentle touch on both brakes and throttle will greatly improve times with these cars. Slamming on the brakes is more likely to lock the wheels up and kill your control of the car. Likewise just hammering the throttle is likely to overwhelm the tires even with relatively little HP and Torque. You can run some surprisingly fast laps but it requires more finesse to do so. Super aggressive driving with very late braking and to much throttle to early on corner exits is only going to lead to frustration not wins.

Good advice, i've spun out my RM Camaro @ 400pp on the last corner at Monaco and it's a horrible spot to spin, also for some reason i found auto gearbox easier when faced with comfort tyres.

And in case anyone missed my earlier offer, i have a 500pp 2D on share if you just want the golds.

Won @ 380PP, $1,544,660...exp 154804..159hp...50.5 power. Changed to a semi racing exhaust, which seems to help.
OK, heading south again.

Went down to 376PP and won over the Silvia by 2.8sec, and that was after spinning into the wall overtaking it at the second corner from the top of the down hill section and having to reverse back and onto the track again. At Cote of course and with a Sports Air filter.
$1,590,360...exp 158384...153hp.....50.1 power.

Removing the sports air filter reduces the PP to 374.....149hp.... and 50.00% power.
That's as low as I can go with it. I'll give it a try.

shepzki View Post
The second lineup is far better for lower PP as the Elan Ginetta is not in the race. Just did 380pp in my Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 and won by 14.5 seconds (@ Monaco) so there is much more to be had.

1,544,660 CR
154804 XP

Edit

Just won again @ 364PP, it's as low as I can get this car to go without wearing the engine down. 50% power @ max ballast.

CR 1,700,040
XP 170376

~~

Brought my Corvette Convertible C3 '69 down to 393PP and won, then down to 390PP ( 173hp, 200kg ballast and 58.3% power) and won by a couple of seconds, not a pretty race though, but can't for the life of me see how you could manage it @ 380PP and win by 14 seconds, let alone @ 364 PP.

Are we talking the same car? Mine only goes down to 373PP @ minimum 50% power. It's flat out getting up the hill at 390PP.

We are talking about the same car, a brand new one from the dealer with 50% engine power and max ballast will go down to 362pp infact, then it will increase slightly with each race until the engine is worn in. 380pp is a doddle with a good setup, manual tranny (helped a lot with the low speed corners) and a good knowledge of the track. 364pp is slightly less forgiving but more than do-able, my car currently has 366pp and will not go any lower (for now) but a brand new one will for a short time.

63' chevy race car for the eiger track, Alfa carrot for the rest, kudos to originator of the Alfa suggestion! Found shortening the gears to min for the twist tracks helps.

Ginetta are a UK company, no "French connection" that I am aware of.

Argh - Apologies, I thought they were French. Sorry for trying to abscond with them and assign them to another country!

Fired up GT5 for the 1st time in a while and decided to pick this seasonal for the lulz...

Was pretty challenging though, that Ginetta is a little SOB... Needed an hour to clear all events :)

Can some one tell me what is the best car for this event?
And can some one tell me please the best settings...

I cant win any race.. :( I downt no how to tune a good setting.

Thnx

The Jag XJ13 makes pretty quick work of all opponents, Ginetta included.

For fun, I've been playing around the the '68 Mazda 110S. I'm down to 434pp now, and winning by a bit over 10 seconds with it, but I haven't run up against the Ginetta with it yet - I've had fields with the Silvia in the lead spot.

The 110S is a fun little car - it's tiny and featherweight (I ballasted it UP to 900kg!) - but it suffers from quite a bit of lift-throttle and off-throttle oversteer. Bend it into a curve, and it likes to slew out the back end quite more than I'd like. I'm still playing around with tuning that tendency out, and it's getting better.

Can some one tell me what is the best car for this event?
And can some one tell me please the best settings...

I cant win any race.. :( I downt no how to tune a good setting.

Thnx

Hit me up - I'll put some cars on shared that should be able to help you out. I'm Kwicko on PSN, too.

Ok, thnx. I will ad you as soon as i play again.
Do i have to send you a message?

Many thnx.

Back