700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 110 comments
IMO bring back some one make cars because this is boring all together.
Agreeing with you beau, the 2x is a tough car to master - too tough for me to learn how to drive it for sure, the Pesco's, Peugeot's run it in the 1:00 / 0:59's no problem - as well there are many others that after just 3 or 4 laps we GOLD it,, we're done and waiting for another month to pass. Ohh well,, I guess the PD folks are busy with the upcoming games, know full well they'll not please everyine and see no reason to fret GT6. Personally I really liked the last Eifel wet track event and that too would have been a hoot using a one make. Ohh well.

I'm .514 away from gold in the 2X. It is very hard for a DS3 user to keep the gas and the brake on at the same time. I've only run about 4 laps so I'm going to try and hold the gas and brake at the same time and see how that works in Free Run. Hopefully my next post will be a gold post. Also haven't tried the LM55 yet. Got to call it a night.

Granted I took some time away from the game. Using these racing soft tires is eating my lunch, I turn more red laps then legit laps. I managed to snag gold, not by much...

I hate the "fartmobile" (chaparral 2x) and spent some time trying for gold in the 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special. I'm confident it can be done in that car but not with my rudimentary turning skills.

I used the Toyota Minolta to barely get my gold and goodies so I can come back for another go with the Monster Sport or some other non LMP or VGT car to try and set my best time.

PD seems to be on a big PP /RS event binge lately and when we do get a "normal" pp event it uses tires two levels below stock.

Why must everything be one extreme or the other? (IMO) Those events don't seem to lend themselves to improving ones racecraft. :confused:

I just had a go with the Chaparral 2x. :crazy: Managed a 1:02.691, I cannot seem to get it right with this thing. :dunce: I had some weird issues though, only the 2x, my T300RS wheel decided to change the steering rotation from 900 to 270 for this car only which made it interesting. :confused:

I switched to the Mazda LM55 VGT, managed to beat my 2x time with a 1:01.916. With a little more practice I might be able to knock another second or two.

Hahaha it's only another 4 weeks to wait for some new combo's to be released by PD... Then again they could just release 2 more garbage events like this month :D

Too long a gap between updates, crappy tyres and stupid PP limits on tracks with no long straights! sack that guy at PD who imagines these events... he's useless 👎

Just could not gas and brake at the same time in the 2X with the way my DS3 is set up. So I changed cars and went with the Pescarolo C60 Hybride with a modified @praiano63 tune. I think part of it was @SW__10 tune but not sure. Just changed the final for the track. 3 very red laps and the 4th was the gold. I'll be glad to share the tune if anyone wants it. Since I like this track I think I'll try the Minolta with @shaunm80 tune and see if I can do better.

Attachments

• 20151106_210308.jpg
    20151106_210308.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 24
57.404 with the Chappy now. (P9) My tune is on the 1st page of this thread. Hope it helps!

Hey Anthony, I gave your version a go, but I got a better overall time (for me, I'm only at 59.390 so far) by adding the full 200kg's and power to 58.3%... I think it's faster as the Power/weight ratio is down to 1.23 kg/hp versus your 1.30 kg/hp.

If you're interested, give it a try... hope it helps!

Cheers

Nice smooth run and excellent video McClaren! :cheers:
Indeed, the LM55 is a sweet ride, EZ to win most races where it qualifies to enter. This event will make us work - just a little - but it's not too difficult to get into the less than 1 minute a lap group. The FAST guys (as they always do) destroy it! 👍👍 I for one envy their skills but know I'll NEVER be in their class but hey,, I can live with that. :)

Hey Anthony, I gave your version a go, but I got a better overall time (for me, I'm only at 59.390 so far) by adding the full 200kg's and power to 58.3%... I think it's faster as the Power/weight ratio is down to 1.23 kg/hp versus your 1.30 kg/hp.

If you're interested, give it a try... hope it helps!

Cheers

That was my 1st tune. It's good, but I managed to get only a 58.003 with it because it's heavier and it has less grip as a result. I can't get the 1st sector right with it. Thanks though!

Just had a go with that chapparel 2x. What the hell is that :/ haha.
On the off chance that was a serious question...

(That video's available in-game and I think you might even have to watch or skip it to buy the car, but there it is, for what it's worth.)

Also, there's this:

The integral BodyFrame is created using a unique “layup schedule” which allows the entire structure to act in unison with the 2X suspension. The main body also incorporates the super-ridged propulsion structure which ensures absolute accuracy of the thrust parabola to the laser pulse cone. The variable positioning of the thrust cone vanes serve to create propulsion and downforce by the simultaneous use of this multi-vane adjustability and a lower Thrust Vectoring panel. The combination of these two technologies allows the Chaparral 2X pilot to fine tune downforce to the exact spot on a given circuit, actually “pressing” the tire’s contact patch onto the track surface and enhancing mechanical grip where needed most.

Key thing to note on the 2X: the thrust is provided by the same thing that's providing downforce. Ergo, throttle position and downforce are linked. So a lot of driving techniques that work on normal cars don't work on the 2X. (Lifting to correct understeer in particular works really badly.)

2x dominates this one if you can get used to it. I'll play with the old Minolta though. So much more fun.

Hello everyone! Just did a 0:58.631 on my 3rd try with a DS3 with the Chappy. My tune is: 142 KG Ballast at +18%. 50.0% power limiter. Don't be afraid to accelerate VERY early. It has about half a G more grip with the gas on so you need to corner and maintain the gas at about 15% the least. It's a bit hard for DS3 users because you can't properly modulate the X button as you can in a pedal but still, Be wary Doodle! I'm coming for you to be 1st at least in USA! ;-)
what is your brake balance?

Back