700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 110 comments
Sometimes in life, you do things you don't even believe you did so well. I had one of those moments just now, as I knocked down a time of 1:04.512 around Autumn Ring. I took a few pointers from some of the top-ranked times and saw what they were using. Their mount was the Chevrolet Chaparral 2X "Vision Gran Turismo." Yes- that bloody bonkers car. I knew I had to tone this car down considerably. The only changes I made were to weigh this car down fully with ballast followed by reducing power to about 57%. That was to put the car near 700PP without going over. My first runs were crappy. I struggled trying to find how on God's green Earth you pull a time below 64 seconds. Then I realized something- "Racing Soft or less." The moment I learned of this caveat, I immediately bought Racing Soft tires for this insane car. With careful driving, I was able to pull a 62-second lap around a track I've hated racing and was never good at.

So I did it! And for my efforts, I have my first Australian car in GT6, not to mention the car I used to win the 24 Hours at the Nürburgring in Gran Turismo 4 with (in B-Spec, of course, because I hate racing any Nordschleife track more than I do the full Autumn Ring circuit)- the Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar that we've been using since GT3 under Tickford.

Two lessons learned: find out what cars others are using when you are unsure how to clear a Super Lap, and pay attention to what modifications you are allowed. I say to mostly focus on what at least the Top 100 drivers are using. Use whatever machine the greater majority uses to complete the course. If need be, make the needed adjustments so you can at least get Gold.

Lesson and post over. Now go win yourself Gold for this Super Lap! :)

[UPDATE] Misspelled "majority."

Last edited:
Shoutouts to Japan for dominating this time trial.

32f032796e44e36f9e2f0f181cdc585f.png

Seems like they have prepared for this day :lol: With PD's creativity, the chances are high that 700pp will come again.
Wolf_Aono's sub 56s :bowdown:
Makes me feel like I wasted the four hours of grinding yesterday, just trying to get sub-1 minute........

Makes me feel like I wasted the four hours of grinding yesterday, just trying to get sub-1 minute........

Dont waste your time on this one. Better hope that there will be something "special" in 3 weeks :) A wet weather seasonal would be nice (gt300 was last time, I think)

I'm currently running in a Tomahawk GTS-R to get it down to 700pp. So far I've clocked almost 10000km on it, and 718pp (685bhp and 200kg ballast). At that state, I can pull 0:53 laps. Another 5000km is surely needed to get down to 700pp. If possible at all, that is.
Any predictions?

I do not think that the Tomahawk GTS-R goes to press 700PP. Still 18pp after 10.000km is too much because from 15.000km hardly anything goes down. From then the general wear to just come and take that is less than 0.09% HP per 5,000 km. Nevertheless, good luck if you try it on.

Last edited:
This was probably the hardest GT6 online TT up until now. It took me about 1 hour to set a gold lap. I finally did it using an almost stock Pescarolo C60 with just Turbo phase 1 added and a few little changes to gearbox, mainly to 1st gear (made it as long as I could). After ten or so 1:04.0xx laps, in the end I managed to do a 1:03.8.

I want to find whoever though of this combo and slap him with a wet fish, because honestly this is the most frustrating, inconsistant, piece of 🤬 I've ever driven in my entire time of doing seasonal time trials. Honestly. I've failed a possible 56.1 about 40 separate times, all at the same exact place, the first section of sector 3. I don't understand it at all. On one lap, I was 4 tenths ahead of a 56.5 ghost entering that section, and I drive it normally as I usually do, only to find the ghost catch up to me and pass me. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I kinda like it but I would guess the person never thought the Chappy was gonna be the go to car. The car is goofy. Crackle crackle.

Lasers.

Honestly. I've failed a possible 56.1 about 40 separate times, all at the same exact place, the first section of sector 3. I don't understand it at all. On one lap, I was 4 tenths ahead of a 56.5 ghost entering that section, and I drive it normally as I usually do, only to find the ghost catch up to me and pass me. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I feel the same way as you do, with just the numbers being different. I should be around 57.6ish, but found exactly the same situation. Not sure what's going on, but sadly, it's nice to hear someone else say it. Sorry, misery likes company... but I honestly hope you break out of the current curse.

Cheers

I'm currently running in a Tomahawk GTS-R to get it down to 700pp. So far I've clocked almost 10000km on it, and 718pp (685bhp and 200kg ballast). At that state, I can pull 0:53 laps. Another 5000km is surely needed to get down to 700pp. If possible at all, that is.
Any predictions?
I dont know if it is possible or not, but I know how you can find out.
Here's what you need to do:
Buy 2 cars, turn down powerlimiter to 50% and put on 200 kg ballast on both of them, and then do an oil change on one of them.
What is the difference in PP between the two cars now?
Take the difference, multiply with 3, and reduce from the PP value of the car without oil change, that is the minimum possible PP value achievable for the car.

For example, lets say the car without oilchange sits at 726PP, and the car with oilchange sits at 735PP, then the minumum possible value is 699PP
To achieve this PP you will need to put down 210 000km on it in total, 15 000km since last engine overhaul, and 6 000km since last oilchange.

I dont know if it is possible or not, but I know how you can find out.
Here's what you need to do:
Buy 2 cars, turn down powerlimiter to 50% and put on 200 kg ballast on both of them, and then do an oil change on one of them.
What is the difference in PP between the two cars now?
Take the difference, multiply with 3, and reduce from the PP value of the car without oil change, that is the minimum possible PP value achievable for the car.

For example, lets say the car without oilchange sits at 726PP, and the car with oilchange sits at 735PP, then the minumum possible value is 699PP
To achieve this PP you will need to put down 210 000km on it in total, 15 000km since last engine overhaul, and 6 000km since last oilchange.
Thanks. I only need to buy one car to calculate the difference, but I'll actually do that, while I let my rubberbands continue doing km on Daytona.

Edit:
According to your predictions, that would render 708pp :-/

Last edited:
I want to find whoever though of this combo and slap him with a wet fish, because honestly this is the most frustrating, inconsistant, piece of 🤬 I've ever driven in my entire time of doing seasonal time trials. Honestly. I've failed a possible 56.1 about 40 separate times, all at the same exact place, the first section of sector 3. I don't understand it at all. On one lap, I was 4 tenths ahead of a 56.5 ghost entering that section, and I drive it normally as I usually do, only to find the ghost catch up to me and pass me. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I've found it similarly frustrating - it seems just luck on whether you get through a corner faster. Sometimes you seem to gain a load of time on a corner, the next lap you lose it. I doubt that anybody could drive 2 consecutive laps in the same time, it's impossible to be consistent!

700 pp in autumn ring is from stupid to make muck pp in a small track. In a Poliphony still some fantasy to doing a seasonal events...

Thanks. I only need to buy one car to calculate the difference, but I'll actually do that, while I let my rubberbands continue doing km on Daytona.

Edit:
According to your predictions, that would render 708pp :-/
Right, yeah, ofcourse you just need 1 car, my bad.
And my calculations can differ 1 or 2 PP, but not 8, so unfortunately its not possible to get the PP down enough. Shame.:indiff:

Back