700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
Give your Joystick a change. Maybe it helps. This is not a steer event, I think this is faster with a stick. No gears and a couple sharp turns. Or try it with the 2J?

If @beau231 is having trouble, heaven help the rest of us!

I agree the 2X is easier with the DS3, however I turned the steering sensitivity down to 1 (I normally have it at 4) and that helped me cope with the twitchiness of the 2X. I found I was oversteering way too much otherwise!

It is good to see others hate the 2X (and other fictional cars) as much as I do.

It also nice to see that others have lost respect for PD and their interpretation of track boundaries here as well.

This one is not bad, I don't get much practice with this track. I first used the Mazda LM55 with @Otaliema's tune and managed a 1:30.205 and I probably could've got a 1:29.xxx or better if I had more experience with this track.
I switched to the 2J with @hotsaucer's tune from the Nurburgring TT and improved to a 1:28.734 :D:tup: .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 37
This one is not bad, I don't get much practice with this track. I first used the Mazda LM55 with @Otaliema's tune and managed a 1:30.205 and I probably could've got a 1:29.xxx or better if I had more experience with this track.
I switched to the 2J with @hotsaucer's tune from the Nurburgring TT and improved to a 1:28.734 :D:tup: .
Good to know the LM55 can pull gold here. My 2J from Apricot Might work here too. Brake late, kick it and power out.

I don't get these chicanes. I followed Wolf's lap. At the first chicane, that is the one after the turn at the end of the straight, I paused the replay as he goes left. He has wheels on the grass and the right he is barely touching the kerb with his left wheels. So i go round to there, slow to a crawl, and go pretty much exactly where he goes. Lap Invalid. I do same at right hander, Lap Invalid. When I set my best time, I cooked the same chicane and was sure in that moment my lap would be invalid, but lo and behold, not. Is there inconsistency with what is deemed invalid or not???

There's nothing worse than taking a chicane or corner what you consider to be just about perfect, only to have your lap invalidated

Last edited:
@UpTopLog The dark green kerb on the outside of the standard red/white kerb is the track limit there. From what I can observe you need at least one complete tire within the track limit to not get a red lap. How does Wolf do it then? He makes the car oversteer on turn-in, so even though it looks like he is cutting the track he is actually in a mild drift, and one of his rear wheels is within the track limit. Genius.

@UpTopLog The dark green kerb on the outside of the standard red/white kerb is the track limit there. From what I can observe you need at least one complete tire within the track limit to not get a red lap. How does Wolf do it then? He makes the car oversteer on turn-in, so even though it looks like he is cutting the track he is actually in a mild drift, and one of his rear wheels is within the track limit. Genius.

Hi @hotsaucer thanks so if he is drifting he must be using hanbrake then, as in corner 1 he gets almost sideways as he goes through there, then i agree genius indeed. what do you think he is using as brake balance?

@UpTopLog Yes he is. I can only guess what he uses but I have a couple theories. Try 7/10 with 10% ballast. I have a suspicion that his body rig is in bad condition but that it's helping him. Maybe someone knows something about this.

Ps: Great lap mate i've just seen you are P3.

@UpTopLog Yes he is. I can only guess what he uses but I have a couple theories. Try 7/10 with 10% ballast. I have a suspicion that his body rig is in bad condition but that it's helping him. Maybe someone knows something about this.

Thanks and i just upped my rigidity dammit. Saw your earlier post. Does the car lose weight then as body rigidity worsens

Last edited by a moderator:
1:28,169 with the 905... There's at least another second in it.
I refuse to take the 2X, it feels like a lawnmower. Of course by not using the 2X a top ranking is out of the question. So be it :-(

I was going to post that moving the ballast forward makes the car less sketchy when sideways at speed, like thru the last chicane. I have mine at 12%, but I will sneak it back to 8% forward....thanks Kossie.

:cheers::cheers::gtpflag:well done mate, that's brilliant
Thanks. The laps after I was faster in the first part of the track so I think there is more in it. But yeah this was a pretty fast lap.

For people who play with ABS on 1: If you begin set it on 3, Drive a nice clean fast lap(that cost some time) Then set it on 1, This helps for me. Because you can feel the corners better then. I don't know or it helps but i did it this morning and destroy my old record.

@Kossie Nice lap, you have to go for top 10 now! I agree abs 1 is definitely the move, but if you have front brakes on say 10 sensitivity you can lock up easily and lose front grip on entry.
Also, I'm really, REALLY starting to think that the more the body rig wears the faster the 2x gets. So DO NOT restore body rig, or rig improvement. By having the rig wear the car slides more at low speed and you can start bringing the ballast a bit forward again, thus having the best of both worlds, a 2x that's quick in high and low speed corners. Practicing in combination with this you're guaranteed to do well here!!!

@Kossie Nice lap, you have to go for top 10 now! I agree abs 1 is definitely the move, but if you have front brakes on say 10 sensitivity you can lock up easily and lose front grip on entry.
Also, I'm really, REALLY starting to think that the more the body rig wears the faster the 2x gets. So DO NOT restore body rig, or rig improvement. By having the rig wear the car slides more at low speed and you can start bringing the ballast a bit forward again, thus having the best of both worlds, a 2x that's quick in high and low speed corners. Practicing in combination with this you're guaranteed to do well here!!!
Top 10.... I don't know. I hope so. But I'm happy with a top 30 place here. I think with a perfect lap(for me) I make a 1:22.8. So It would be hard. But ofcourse I go for it:cheers: Thanks for the tips, Go try it.

Great time btw from you 👍👍

Into the top 1000. A rare event for me.....sweeeet....

View attachment 577445

👍
Nice going mate, Now try to get in to the 25 club 👍:cheers:

Unbelieveble that Wolff time. I drive my ass off and I'm happy with a 22 lap(then i'm done) I dont know how they do it but this are really fantastic drivers on the 22 club. Respect :bowdown:. If i can drive a 22 here i surprise myself.

Last edited:
Nice going mate, Now try to get in to the 25 club 👍:cheers:

Unbelieveble that Wolff time. I drive my ass off and I'm happy with a 22 lap(then i'm done) I dont know how they do it but this are really fantastic drivers on the 22 club. Respect :bowdown:. If i can drive a 22 here i surprise myself.

:cheers: Kossie, appreciate it! 25 would be great, but will see how it goes....

Came across Immortal a ways down on the leaders board driving the 2J (a few hours ago now). Similar on the Willow board driving the NSX. I like the way this guy goes about it. Impressive.

:cheers: 👍

Back