• 147 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

TT#55 - 700PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#55] - 700PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.
Here are the tunes from the previous iteration.

just off the bat, my opinion, but 2 super laps in washing machines on four wheels 👎:grumpy::grumpy:. The Vision cars are no fun to drive, no tuning, nothing and should not be allowed. We were given restricted choices at Panorama, restricting the scope of cars used, without allowing these gimmicky wasps. Just saying......Good old Susuki GSX gets rolled out again, and again and again. PO16 at Monza about as happy as a 🤬

Just gold with my trust worthy Peugeot 908. Not a very fast car but boy it listens to you like a Labrador with absolutely no surprise.

Nonetheless, was quite confused about Chicano boundaries where you would be penalized for taking short cuts. Any hints from my more knowledgeable psn members?

Nonetheless, was quite confused about Chicano boundaries where you would be penalized for taking short cuts. Any hints from my more knowledgeable psn members?
I remember when this event was used before (almost 2 years ago), there was quite a bit of scope for putting wheels on the green sections.
2 wheels on the track was considered fine which allowed a much straighter line than keeping all 4 on track.
If you're going to have multiple attempts, it will become clear with practice what is going to be penalised & what isn't.

This is one of the most memorable events for me, because last time it was run, I won it. Beating the almighty Wolf to the top spot.

That time the 2J was the winning car, but since then the 2X has been released, and I'm a bit sad to see that it is almost a full second faster already...

This is one of the most memorable events for me, because last time it was run, I won it. Beating the almighty Wolf to the top spot.

That time the 2J was the winning car, but since then the 2X has been released, and I'm a bit sad to see that it is almost a full second faster already...
You must go for it. Maybe not the first place but this is fun with the Chappie.

This is a fun event because everybody have a stock care and no gears. But that Wolf... he is fast here :)

You must go for it. Maybe not the first place but this is fun with the Chappie.

This is a fun event because everybody have a stock care and no gears. But that Wolf... he is fast here :)
I'd love to know what Wolf uses to stick his car to the track - you know you're never going to get anywhere near his time when he's at least 5 mph faster than you over the start line, and then just keeps pulling further ahead all the way round the lap.....

I don't like the track,struggling with the breaking points before the chicanes everytime,not only in this TT,but also in the GT mode races.i try to avoid this track as much as possible.

Yeah, this was pretty easy. I got silver on my first attempt in the LM55 (using the same tune from La Sarthe), and then gold on my second attempt in the 2X. Normally it takes me a lot longer to do that!

It's memorable for me too. It was the 1st time I finished in the top 200. :D

I've only done so on one other occasion since then (RenaultSport Meganes at Brands Hatch) & they were the only two Seasonals that I put some real time into apart from F3's at Madrid. I can't remember where I came in the F3 Event but it wasn't quite as high in the rankings as this one's equivalent or Brands.

Seeing some of the players on here striving for results every time is still really inspiring & if I had more free time I would join in more often. It's certainly possible to keep improving no matter what level you're at.

The nostalgia from this event reminds me to thank the tuners & aliens for their advice & inspiration & to remind any newcomers that massive improvements are possible if you put the time in. The fact that I've been top 200 twice means that everyone here can surprise themselves too. 👍

Among others, I was helped along with tunes/advice/encouragement/inspiration from people like @shaunm80 @GTP_CargoRatt @GT_Rajman @SW__10 @jontikis @et_ @IMMORTALPILOT @Tidgney & many others.

Anyway, nostalgia soppiness over.

just off the bat, my opinion, but 2 super laps in washing machines on four wheels 👎:grumpy::grumpy:. The Vision cars are no fun to drive, no tuning, nothing and should not be allowed. We were given restricted choices at Panorama, restricting the scope of cars used, without allowing these gimmicky wasps. Just saying......Good old Susuki GSX gets rolled out again, and again and again. PO16 at Monza about as happy as a 🤬
Agreed. Saw your's and Kossie's times yesterday but hate that advertisement for stopping noise pollution so I stuck to the old Pesco Hybrid and got a 1.28.650, happy for now. Even got to see Kossie drive his No2 lap in the GX4, go Koss!!!

I remember this event, i finish top 10 and it was great fun with the 2J because it felt like driving a F1 car, gotta say it wasn't as fast around corners :lol:

Sadly the 2X has taken over this event and I reckon the 2X is horrible

I remember this event, i finish top 10 and it was great fun with the 2J because it felt like driving a F1 car, gotta say it wasn't as fast around corners :lol:

Sadly the 2X has taken over this event and I reckon the 2X is horrible

Horrible is understatement, It is a fictional car with no gears and traction control is necessary to drive it! 👎
Basically a hotted up golf cart :yuck:

Ridiculously easy, it wasn't even a challenge. Used the Pescarolo Hybride with no performance upgrades and a horrible set-up - really pointy - and ran a gentle first lap, braking early and giving the kerbs a wide berth. I had the intention of going for a representative lap afterwards but that gentle lap was already a 1:32.8.

Joining others in leaving the Vision 2X in the stockyard. Will just do what we can in a car that does exist and accept what ever we get. Personally I've no problems at all with those who do use it, after all it's only a game but the 2X isn't even a concept and doesn't exist other than on an engineers tablet - and in our GT6, but das OK. Used the '92 RCP to a 1:29 and change and not finished as I think we can break into the :28's before we're done. Going to hold off using the 2J or the Pesco but they're clearly the quick cars IMHO for this one. Good fun no matter which hotrod we choose.

:gtpflag:
Joining others in leaving the Vision 2X in the stockyard. Will just do what we can in a car that does exist and accept what ever we get. Personally I've no problems at all with those who do use it, after all it's only a game but the 2X isn't even a concept and doesn't exist other than on an engineers tablet - and in our GT6, but das OK. Used the '92 RCP to a 1:29 and change and not finished as I think we can break into the :28's before we're done. Going to hold off using the 2J or the Pesco but they're clearly the quick cars IMHO for this one. Good fun no matter which hotrod we choose.
Many of us have certain cars we don't like not many, so here we Geezers have chance to make list of forbidden cars ( if everyone of actives accept to follow this rule) I will be first to undersign this.

Can someone explain to me why the two leaders show they are using manual transmission when everybody is on automatic. Using wolfs braking points exactly there's no way i can either stop the sardine can much less turn it at those speeds. So someone please help me out with some kind of explanation, I would appreciate it.

Besides the fact i'm not wolf or in his class

Thanks @Kossie@TRL Andromeda. Kossie i set the brakes 10/10, but that grips and then causes the thing to slide, maybe minimum brake and min ABS cause it's all stock so brakes are brakes. TRL yes that's really odd, i paused the replay, perhaps not perfect, but it was just before the 150m marker. I just smashed into the barriers.:lol::lol::banghead::banghead:

The handbrake works well for the first right/left, anywhere else it slows me down, or perhaps i haven't mastered that well enough yet, probably.

Turns out i was pressing the brake button on my wheel, not the handbrake, :grumpy::grumpy: a good lap soon. Struggling to get in a clean lap.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why the two leaders show they are using manual transmission when everybody is on automatic. Using wolfs braking points exactly there's no way i can either stop the sardine can much less turn it at those speeds. So someone please help me out with some kind of explanation, I would appreciate it.

Set breakes to 10-10 that helps me alot. If i drive a perfect lap 1 got a low 23 i think. That's strange because everybody use the same car and gears :indiff::irked: Where it goes wrong? I think in every turn I follow the wolf and in the chicane he is much faster(hand brakes?). Or maybe they have a good or better breake setting. I dont know.

Last edited:

I know the replay has a little delay on the HUD, so of you are looking at that red indicator for the brakes, that might be why you cant get it to stop in time.:)

No idea about the manual transmission though...:confused:

Back