750pp Real Circuit Tour

• Thread starter Argon
  • 238 comments
I beat Tsubika Circuit, Indy Road Coarse, and Twin Ring Montegi with the Escudo Dirt Car. The other two required more top end speed so I broke out the Minolta Toyota Race Car. The ramming, bumping, out of bounds, shortcut penalties made it interesting. Twice I was rammed and I got the penalty!!!! Anyway, I won yet another Vertigo Race Car!!!

I have won all but Motegi using the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car so far.

I think the Minolta Toyota 88C-V would do well too.

If you have a problem with how I post, contact a mod and let them deal with me and where I should post. Its not up to you to tell me where and what to post as you are no mod yourself. If I'm wrong by posting what I did, I'm sure they will tell me.

I don't remember addressing you.

Just did:tup:

@Kaz_Yamauchi Hey Kaz, why is there SRF on GT5 seasonal races? Can it be made optional for us veteren racers?

From my twitter account @i_am_ekay

Nothing will happen but hey, worth a punt!

I hope you get a response and share with us.

👍
Cheers!

Rit
For those of you just looking to grab the ticket and run then this is a great time to bust out that FGT...:D You're not going to get any pp reduction point bonus credit but it's nice to be able to race it in a seasonal and let it earn its spot in the garage at least...👍

You can call the FGT "The Easy Button" way when all else fails.

I also agree that if you have nothing to add but whinning then take it to the SRF Whinner thread! We don't need to hear that crap echoed again and again in the Seasonal specific threads.

Hit the report button then if you don't like it. Not up to you or anyone else except a mod to decide what posts go where.

About the penalties. All I can say is its about time. Hope PD keeps going in that direction. I like it.

2J on Tsukuba, destroys the AIs . Did one race in the 680 PP range, and won easily,can go lower than that and still win. $1.5M credits in 6 minutes.

I used the Minolta Toyota. Pretty easy. Won all Indy, Motegi and Tsakuba on first try, Spa and Sarthe took 2 tries. No tune or anything.

Also, got nearly 2 million credits at Indy using the 2J at 70% engine power. I think it could go lower too.

Went and used the 2J for Tsukuba, Twin Ring and Indy, and broke out the Peugeot 908 for Sarthe and Spa.

Notes:
Tsukuba - Full power with no ballast, against the Minolta as the lead rabbit. Going into the first turn on Lap 5, I took first.
Indy - Went out on a limb and tried the 2J at 600pp with full weight and about ~550/570 HP, corner cutting the first turn and the twin hairpins. Took the lead in the middle of Lap 4.
Sarthe - Middle of lap 2 is when I took first, the 908 was at full power with the Stage 3 turbo. Downforce was set to half of full.
Twin Ring - Same setup as on Indy, but the rabbit in this race was the Courage C60 Hybride. Only won by cutting the final corner on the last lap.
Spa - Same setup as on Sarthe, took the lead on the 4th lap.

Payout on Indy/Twin Ring was ~3 mil, don't remember the exact figure. Was at 200% bonus.

Hit the report button then if you don't like it. Not up to you or anyone else except a mod to decide what posts go where.

About the penalties. All I can say is its about time. Hope PD keeps going in that direction. I like it.

Laughing my arse off Cargo,won't even waste my time with the new seasonals. For all the rest,go to Staples and buy the (that was easy button).

Awsome except for the SFR
Didnt care for Praiano's R92 tune the dampers are way to soft in the rear but the springs are good.
beat Tsukuba first try by +5.5 lead.

My R92 has almost 1080hp :lol:

Id say the R89 is better though but i'll probably try all the LM cars atleast once.

Just completed it with the Minolta, indeed really easy. My prize was a Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race car (or something among these lines :P )

Not up to you or anyone else except a mod to decide what posts go where.

Actually, it's up to you, and common sense.
A mod doesn't need to hold your hand to navigate the forums.
People should be smart enough to know that X post goes in the X thread.

Having said that, technically your post was about this seasonal. But why waste your time writing it? You'd be more efficient to either just link or quote your old posts that are the same.

SRF sucks, I get it. The Seasonals are optional, so do what I do, skip them and move on. You don't need the money, you don't need the exp, and even if SRF was off, they still wouldn't challenge you, unless you underpower the car a ton, and SRF just exaggerates that. So in reality, what's the difference?

If you want to see how you rank against the world:
Time Trials, WRS and GT Acedemy
If you want good racing:
Open Lobbies, Leagues and Shuffle Races
If you want money and Exp:
Seasonals

Honestly, it seems pretty simple to me.
The only people who need money and exp in this game, are the ones who are new to the game, thus the most common type of user to require/need/rely on aids, therefor the most likely people to be participating in seasonals.

Also on spa, and there are collision penalties too, if you hit hard enough.

Sounds about right both have chicanes that you can exploit in normal play and Spa has huge run off areas that could save you time, if you are so inclined!

These penalties were sometimes ridiculous for me (only 2 wheels off track) But still I think it was right to put them into these races.

Actually, it's up to you, and common sense.
A mod doesn't need to hold your hand to navigate the forums.
People should be smart enough to know that X post goes in the X thread.

Having said that, technically your post was about this seasonal. But why waste your time writing it? You'd be more efficient to either just link or quote your old posts that are the same.

SRF sucks, I get it. The Seasonals are optional, so do what I do, skip them and move on. You don't need the money, you don't need the exp, and even if SRF was off, they still wouldn't challenge you, unless you underpower the car a ton, and SRF just exaggerates that. So in reality, what's the difference?

If you want to see how you rank against the world:
Time Trials, WRS and GT Acedemy
If you want good racing:
Open Lobbies, Leagues and Shuffle Races
If you want money and Exp:
Seasonals

Honestly, it seems pretty simple to me.
The only people who need money and exp in this game, are the ones who are new to the game, thus the most common type of user to require/need/rely on aids, therefor the most likely people to be participating in seasonals.

Actually, I was making a point with all these "mini-mods" that we have running around here. As you full well know, I already know about the WRS, Time Trials, ect. Before I was so rudely interupted, I was only pointing out the contradiction in their description of the event. Expert type events but with SRF forced on. Not so expert when you put training wheels on the cars.

Actually, I was making a point with all these "mini-mods" that we have running around here. As you full well know, I already know about the WRS, Time Trials, ect. Before I was so rudely interupted, I was only pointing out the contradiction in their description of the event. Expert type events but with SRF forced on. Not so expert when you put training wheels on the cars.

This, this and THIS. I'm still laughing how theres "expert" in the description of said seasonal event, but the "training wheel aid" is "forced" on... How could some people defend that? Yes the seasonal is fun but the problem is SRF is forced on.

Back on topic.

I haven't gotten to try out this new yet but hopefully I will at some point.

I have to agree with you on this one - this does belong in this thread - it's a contradiction of terms and should be acknowledged.

But I also agree with Adrenaline - these seasonals are optional, it's disappointing that they're heading in this direction after 2 years, but by this point most of us have completed them all anyway and only race them for credits if we need them.

Another great seasonal ruined by the forced on SRF - how many times since Christmas have I said that? Hmm well every two weeks really. It's becoming tiresome to see all the complaints as well, so I think we should all move on and get over the fact that they're forcing SRF on for these latest seasonals since Christmas. That's been two months, so it's getting old now.

Just expressing my opinion, not getting at anyone specifically - I'm as guilty of complaining, so was not meant to be pointing the finger.

BUT this seasonal was easy enough the last time it was used - it's just easier now. And they only started calling the seasonals "expert" events when they started using the Performance Adjustment Bonus - so technically to make more money from them you need to raise the difficulty curve to make them "expert" rather than the beginner level LMP/DTM or Miata races that they are now.

Please do explain how one is "interrupted" on a message forum.

Anyway, if the shoe fits....

I never singled you out as a complainer, you must have a guilty conscience.

And last point, a community is a community, it's not the moderation team's job to get involved EVERY single point of contention, what you are suggesting would take the life out of ANY community if people were to take you seriously about it. Community members ALL have a voice in any given community.

Some are going to continue to complain, and others are going to continue to ask the complainers to stop complaining.

Please do explain how one is "interrupted" on a message forum.

Anyway, if the shoe fits....

I never singled you out as a complainer, you must have a guilty conscience.

And last point, a community is a community, it's not the moderation team's job to get involved EVERY single point of contention, what you are suggesting would take the life out of ANY community if people were to take you seriously about it. Community members ALL have a voice in any given community.

Some are going to continue to complain, and others are going to continue to ask the complainers to stop complaining.

As I was once told by a mod himself. If you have a problem with a person or particular post, use the report button instead of getting yourself involved which can lead to further bickering. I have since taken that advice and I think everyone not a mod would do well taking it too.

I don't have the Twin Ring Motegi DLC for the new seasonal events, but it still lets me participate.

No one's being forced to use RH tires or any other aids either. Using SS tires on a default set up without ABS/TC/ASM/Active Steering or whatever other aids "Experts" like to use might be a good challenge.

I don't have the Twin Ring Motegi DLC for the new seasonal events, but it still lets me participate.

Yes this is normal - it's the same with the TT's and DT's at Motegi and Spa. And in the Dream Car Championship - right at the other end of the Seasonal Event page has a race at Spa.

Latest Posts

Back