750pp Real Circuit Tour

• Thread starter Argon
  • 238 comments
one of the best ways to make money in the game, as well as one of the easiest ways to win the race, is to use a chaparral 2J on Motegi; make sure it's tuned down to ~643PP (dont use a turbo)... very easy win and about 1.9 mill credits in like 8 minutes of racing

Pics from my best run so far with broken in , non oil changed 2J Race Car :

Almost 100% clean run , rear ended the 787B when it braked at the first left turn exit after T1 for no reason..

1st line up , you get the same cars every time you start the game and enter the event.
2jmoneymaker1.jpg

Race results

2jmoneymaker4.JPG

Payout
2jmoneymaker3.jpg

And setup:
2jmoneymaker2.jpg

Used a sixaxis , ABS 3 steering sensitivity 7 rest of the optional aids off.
Adjusted the default / stock gears.

It takes some time to get used to throw the car sideways for the 180 degree turns.
But once you get the hang of it you'll be cashing in 2 million Cr. + pretty easily.

I have a feeling this is the lowest pp this event can be won using 2J , without engine wear down.

MadMax

Last edited:
I was able to easily do all of the races in this event (except Tsukuba circuit) with the Mercedez Benz Sauber C9 Race car '89. I used the tune mentioned in this thread and it worked great. For Tsukuba circuit I used a downgraded Formula Gran Turismo and easily won.

SPOILERS:
You get a lvl 23 car ticket as a reward for all gold.

Dam that last race was hard! Took me ages. Couldn't win it with the escudo. Eventually swapped to the 787b with prianos tune. Worked fantastic!

With 170% bonus and performance adjustment. I got 1.1 mil.

Never want to do that track again!

Incidentally, I just won a 2j from the lvl23 ticket. Lol

Pics from my best run so far with broken in , non oil changed 2J Race Car :

Almost 100% clean run , rear ended the 787B when it braked at the first left turn exit after T1 for no reason..

1st line up , you get the same cars every time you start the game and enter the event.
2jmoneymaker1.jpg

Race results

2jmoneymaker4.JPG

Payout
2jmoneymaker3.jpg

And setup:
2jmoneymaker2.jpg

Used a sixaxis , ABS 3 steering sensitivity 7 rest of the optional aids off.
Adjusted the default / stock gears.

It takes some time to get used to throw the car sideways for the 180 degree turns.
But once you get the hang of it you'll be cashing in 2 million Cr. + pretty easily.

I have a feeling this is the lowest pp this event can be won using 2J , without engine wear down.

MadMax

:grumpy: can't get the car on road.....been playing with this tune for 2 days....will get it one day....

787b wins it good. I found the 2J couldn't cut it...Which was very very strange....Go and buy the 787B from the NCD and use the tune posted in this thread.

Thank you for that Bentley Speed 8 tune...did the trick on SPA. All other races easily won (with care on the penalty enabled tracks...) with my Minolta

Won the 1st 2 and the 4th race easily with with Formula Gran Turismo.. 2nd on Spa and 6th on Sarthe... Help needed for these 2 tracks.

Last edited:
My 999th post :D
I have tried this with the Audi R10 (the stealth model, but I can't imagine it not working with the normal version), and have been able to win three of the events so far and gain a massive cash reward :).

I'll have the setups as soon as I get back on GT5.
Have tried (and won) at Motegi, Le Mans and Indy. Have been close on Spa, but keep getting held back by the bloody short cut penalties 🤬 :grumpy:. All I have left is to win Spa and try out Tsukuba

The La Sarthe stage is killing me, just like the vettel event, you get punished for the smallest things. :(

Motegi is pissing me off! I have tried a few LMP cars and the 787B '91 is the best I can do. Even getting 1:45.x first lap and 1.41-1.43 for the rest of the laps with a Toyota 7 starting the 2nd place starting car just runs away or as soon as I'm about to pass him he takes some BS driving line right in my way. Anyone have an Escudo they can put on share?

THAT 🤬🤬🤬🤬 RX-8 LM CAR!!! :grumpy:That worthless pile of scrap metal keeps getting in my way while I try to make a legitimate pass it rams me, if I try to go offroading a tad he's right where I want to reenter the track :(

Motegi is pissing me off! I have tried a few LMP cars and the 787B '91 is the best I can do. Even getting 1:45.x first lap and 1.41-1.43 for the rest of the laps with a Toyota 7 starting the 2nd place starting car just runs away or as soon as I'm about to pass him he takes some BS driving line right in my way. Anyone have an Escudo they can put on share?

use a chaparral 2j if you have one, you corner much much faster with this car so each of your laps should be between 1:37 and 1:41, and if youre really desperate for the win cut the final chicane in the first lap, im usually in 6th place by the end of the first lap (without chicane cutting).

I find these races to be far too easy.. At Sarthe i'm running a slightly modified Praiano 700pp tune on my 787b.. I have it tuned to 675pp and still win with ease. Gonna take it down a couple of notches just to see how low i can go.

just asking a stupid question, do I have to buy the motegi and spa track to play?
Yesterday i tried to finish the event and my ps3 froze after finishing motegi race.
Now I have to use back up data to play because the save failed to load -___-

just asking a stupid question, do I have to buy the motegi and spa track to play?
Yesterday i tried to finish the event and my ps3 froze after finishing motegi race.
Now I have to use back up data to play because the save failed to load -___-

No you don't need the DLC, I don't have them either .. That's one benefit of the online seasonal.

I have had a few random freeze issues lately as well .. Not during a race though .. Frustrating. Not sure if it's my ps3 or what....

Tsukuba Circuit - took a while, but the Bentley Speed 6 did the trick

Indy Road Course - beaten it with half a dozen cars, easy with shortcuts... great money maker

Sarthe Circuit 2009 - huge pain... finally beat it with last night the Sauber Mercedes C9

Twin Ring Motegi - pretty sure the Bentley worked here too, or maybe it was the Minolta Toyota

Spa Francorchamps - the only one I still can't beat! I can get 2nd place with the Sauber but there is a large gap between the 1 and 2 car

Sauber C9 did it for me tuned for each circuit for top speed and down force. Won all three after several attempts, where I tweaked the tuning to maximise top speed and acceleration.

Gave the Formula Gran Turismo a shot and took down Spa on the first run. I used a slightly modified version of jorday's tune from gt5-tuning.com:

downforce max/max
ballast max/0
diff 30/20/15
ride height -5/0
spring rate 16.4/17.5
damper ext 6/8
damper comp 5/7
anti roll 5/7
camber -2.5/-1.5
toe -0.25/-0.15
trans 249
brakes 4/1

power limit down to 750 PP and you should be good to go.

Tsukuba Circuit - took a while, but the Bentley Speed 6 did the trick

Indy Road Course - beaten it with half a dozen cars, easy with shortcuts... great money maker

Sarthe Circuit 2009 - huge pain... finally beat it with last night the Sauber Mercedes C9

Twin Ring Motegi - pretty sure the Bentley worked here too, or maybe it was the Minolta Toyota

Spa Francorchamps - the only one I still can't beat! I can get 2nd place with the Sauber but there is a large gap between the 1 and 2 car

Can you tell me the short cuts for Indy and/or tell me if there is a thread dedicated to shortcuts? Thank you VERY much!

Back