787b sux!

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
I just went to hell, when I said the 787b sucks. It sucks along with the Pagani Zonda. If u dont believe me, go ahead and read what people thinks about the Zonda.

I had to race all the tracks from the Japan Championship to get the damn Race Zonda, and win the Avant Garde, after that I sold both cars (U get another Zonda), cuz they suck. But I am just waiting to race the GT Championship to get my beloved Toyota GT-1 road car to use it on the Dreamcar Championship and beat all the races along with ur treasured 787b.

Damn, now that I remember , I would have 2 787b's one from the "Like the Wind" race and after 75% which I am just close. But I'll just sell both of them to get another fancy car, it is just a shame that I cant buy the Toyota GT-1 race car from the dealer :mad:

What have u proved to me Mazkid, that the 787b is a good car? U may like it, but I still hate that ugly car. :rolleyes:

And I am not an ignorant because I dont like a stupid car.

I have used it for many races, and have to say it's an exellent car. While right now I'm working on hybrids, and will be making a 787B hybrid, I'm not useing it now. I've put 300miles on one, and have another to work with. Like Captain said, try the cars, if you rate them all bad, then we know you need to improve your settings and/or driving. Be fair, just because you hate the car now, doesn't mean you're gonna hate it after you drive the other ones.
Sorry for the arguement.

Geez, guys - was this topic really worth 60 posts? Build a freakin' bridge.

And you - turtle_driver - stop antagonising everyone!

Originally posted by vat_man
Geez, guys - was this topic really worth 60 posts? Build a freakin' bridge.

And you - turtle_driver - stop antagonising everyone!

OK, stop picking on Tercels already. Do you even have Tercels in Australia? :)

But yeah, this topic needs a rest. Allow me to inject some perspective:

IT'S A GAME.

THIS IS A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO THAT GAME.

THEREFORE, THIS IS A PASTIME DEDICATED TO A PASTIME, AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

.....in other words, lightly. Have fun, all! :)

Originally posted by risingson77
OK, stop picking on Tercels already. Do you even have Tercels in Australia? :)

Yup, hence ready access to the nick name 'Turtle' (I know how those things drive!) - one of the funniest 'car' things I ever saw was an all white Tercel wagon with the words 'THE FRIDGE' across the top of the windscreen. :lol:

Actually, just on that - we only ever got a 4wd wagon of the Tercel - were there any other variants?

O yez, many. I had one. They're so lovable...plus you can't kill 'em. Lord know I tried. :D Plus, you can drive 'em flat out most of the time without violating any speed limits! :lol:

O yez, many. I had one. They're so lovable...plus you can't kill 'em. Lord know I tried. :D Plus, you can drive 'em flat out most of the time without violating any speed limits! :lol:

Sorry - what I was getting at was - was there just the 4wd wagon, or was there a sedan or a hatchback?

Sorry - what I was getting at was - was there just the 4wd wagon, or was there a sedan or a hatchback?

Yes, yes, and yes. I forget what the first year was but I think it was 81 - so...

81-90 had the same basic body style. We had Sedans, hatchbacks, wagons....you name it. We had Tercel SR5s. :eek:

Then in 91 ( the year of my Terkle) they saw a body style change. Not nearly as boxy, and they got EFI! I had a 2DR sedan, and there was a 4 door as well. No more hatchbacks or wagons! Things continued with only minor changes through 94.

Then, from 95 - 98 the Tercel got a slightly sharper image. If a Tercel and a BMW 3-series got it on and had a kid, this is what it'd look like. Rather nice, really. I'll see if I can find a few pics to post tomorrow. :D

Of course, now we have the Echo. Kinda like a Tercel after one too many bon bons. :yuck:

I had no idea the name plate ran for so long.

As I mentioned we only got the 4wd Wagon (I don't know why it was 4wd - I seriously doubt the car could have broken traction with bald tyres on ice - and the low range was what the car probably should have had normally), and that was in the mid 80's.

The small Toyota prior to the Echo was the Starlet (what a fine moment in 'who cares?' car manufacturing that thing was).

BLASPHEMER.

verily my son.

this heathen shall be cast out of the temple of GT3 and sent into the wilderness, where he shalt be forced to drive the trueno and vitz as punishment for taking the name of the fabled chariot in vain.

okay, that's an old thread http://forums.gtplanet.net/showthre...ht=book+of+787b
and some of you won't be up on the joke, but what I'm trying to say is that this car is the best in the game apart from the F1 cars. The fact that so many people have got so worked up defending the 787 shows how many people think its good.

I'm not going to attack the guy for not liking the car (that's a matter of opinion), but he needs to realise that this car is undeniably utterly awesome when handled with just a modicum of skill.

peace

Originally posted by polyphony 001

verily my son.

this heathen shall be cast out of the temple of GT3 and sent into the wilderness, where he shalt be forced to drive the trueno and vitz as punishment for taking the name of the fabled chariot in vain.

Whats wrong with Treunos and Yarises?

hi all!
im new here and have beaten 82.4% of da game.
btw, 787b rulez and its one of my fave non-indy car!
All of you people arguing about who would win in a real race...I drive a Caddy Seville STS ;)

Sup

I have a 1998 Toyota Tercel.

Well, it is not here, I left in my mothercountry.

I plan to take it here by ship of course(whatelse).

What can I see as a difference from the older model is at the front and tail lights. It is an entire transparent frame and there is no longer a light bulbe, it is more like a prism.

Another thing...

It is hard to find pictures of the Tercel and there are not so many models in America since that model is not available. The only versions that are here in the US (domestic models) are the Camry, Corolla (older models), Echo and others.

I dont why, but there are some cool cars that I dont see here very often, like the Peugeot and Alfa Romeo.

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
I dont why, but there are some cool cars that I dont see here very often, like the Peugeot and Alfa Romeo.

If I recall correctly both Alfa Romeo and Peugeot have been out of the US market for some years. I seem to recall Peugeot withdrawing around 10 years ago, dunno how long Alfa have been out.

Originally posted by Tailslide

Oh those Americans don't know how lucky they are :D

How can you ever dare have the nerve to dis a wonderful piece of machinery ??

I mean look at the 206... It is one masterpiece of a family's second car which only the sweet sixteen girlie can drive with her crappy Spice Girls tapes blaring from her cheap aftermarket stereo...
Don't the stock color range tell it all ??

So as though that wasn't enough, they designed the 307 for the FAT 17 year old girl of the family who was crying her eyes out for not having a car of her own.

And there came the wannabe luxury range with the 806... I test drove one which my neighbor bought. The tyre rumble was directly in the cabin !! Virtually NO insulation !!

Sorry folks at Peugeot but that wasn't what I expected from you guys... :(

In 2000 i had a series of mid range 1.6L hire cars...
Peugeot 306
Ford Focus
Vauxhall Astra
Fiat Brava

The Ford Focus won hands down for me on all aspects,it felt like a new car should.Great handling and great performance (for a 1.6L).Fiat Brava was my 2nd fav,nice car to drive,nice interior but it was so damn ugly especially at the rear.Peugeot 306 was next and the car i had the longest,but it felt underpowered and really wasn't upto the other 2 cars,but at least it wasn't as bad as my least fav....the Vauxhall Astra.This car was truly awful in every sense of the word,it brokedown twice on me and the engine felt like something out of the early 80's.Strangely enough,the van i was issued with after was a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 TDi which was absolutely fantastic had insane performance for a diesel (great watching petrolheads trying to outpace me at the trafficlight grand prix) and great fuel consumption as high as 45-50 MPG in the Summer!!! I really miss that van...sigh :(

Originally posted by modik

How can you ever dare have the nerve to dis a wonderful piece of machinery ??

I mean look at the 206... It is one masterpiece of a family's second car which only the sweet sixteen girlie can drive with her crappy Spice Girls tapes blaring from her cheap aftermarket stereo...
Don't the stock color range tell it all ??

So as though that wasn't enough, they designed the 307 for the FAT 17 year old girl of the family who was crying her eyes out for not having a car of her own.

So, that would explain why the 206's pedals are clearly designed for size 5 feet...

And I thought the 307 was just a re-badged Corolla hatchback - or Honda Civic...wait, I'm confused.

So, that would explain why the 206's pedals are clearly designed for size 5 feet...

And I thought the 307 was just a re-badged Corolla hatchback - or Honda Civic...wait, I'm confused.

hehe ;)

[who's the spammer?]

I noticed, when you have the 787 B and you ride the professional Gran turismo championship, the third race (I thought the midfield reverse) against the nissan R 390 GT1, you have to be a very good rider to win this race...

When you have the nissan R 390 GT1 by yourself, it is more easy to win...

star,

Originally posted by star211
I noticed, when you have the 787 B and you ride the professional Gran turismo championship, the third race (I thought the midfield reverse) against the nissan R 390 GT1, you have to be a very good rider to win this race...

When you have the nissan R 390 GT1 by yourself, it is more easy to win...

star,

Hmmm, I think the 787B can kick R390 ass any day of the week :cool:

Welcome to GTPlanet star211!!

Back