7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Right then who is taking part in the practice tonight then?

Hopefully myself, NumbPhase and whoever else is interested. You're all free to race when you want, it's just I know I won't be free till 11:45 PM at the earliest 👎

I'll pop on tonight too, I've never experienced the running out of fuel problem online so I'm going to do the full race with my engine turned up and see what happens, then from there I'll adjust accordingly.

See you tonight :)

I'll definitley be on...give me time to practice Bahrain and i'll try not to throw it in the kitty litter this time :)

On second thoughts guys, it's probably not practical for me to be racing tonight, unless I get out of work early. So don't wait up, you may organise the race tonight for whenever you want 👍

I'm still looking for a team/teammate DOUQA.

Then I'm your man, and Hesketh it is.👍

11.45 on a school night would have been too late for me Shaggy. Hopefully we'll manage to practice together before Sunday.

I'm online now if anyone is interested in a race.

Then I'm your man, and Hesketh it is.👍

Great, sign us up for Hesketh Shaggy!

Darkpsi and I (and DOUQA for half) had a 20% race today which went well. I had my engine turned up the whole race and made it to the end with some fuel left! Yellow light was flashing on the last lap though. I'm assuming fuel use scales up with longer races though, so that might not mean much.

I'm moving this weekend so I might not be around much, should be online Sunday night though.

Great, sign us up for Hesketh Shaggy!

Darkpsi and I (and DOUQA for half) had a 20% race today which went well. I had my engine turned up the whole race and made it to the end with some fuel left! Yellow light was flashing on the last lap though. I'm assuming fuel use scales up with longer races though, so that might not mean much.

I'm moving this weekend so I might not be around much, should be online Sunday night though.

Yes, 30% races and lower it's impossible to run out of fuel I gather. My gaming time is pretty restricted so I don't know if I can do sunday night, probably not. I'm about to hop online now though if anyone is interested?

Practice Race Report:

Where: Melbourne GP Circuit
When: 12:50 am - 1:40 am
Participants: 6. Real People - Shaggy_Alonso, tombrooks97. AI - 4 drivers
Laps/Distance: 29 laps/50% race distance

Starting off, raining with lots of standing water. All the pack made good starts and Shaggy took the lead, Tom was left to muscle his way through the field. Tom then managed to take the lead due to Shaggy slowing up the field. By about 1/4 of the way through Shaggy was still in the lead and Tom was 5th out 6 runners (due to Alonso having stopped on the track, due to some form of bug...he stayed there for the whole race, luckily he wasn't on the racing line but he was pretty damn close). The rain then stopped and Tom pitted for Hard tyres and Shaggy (who had pitted a lap earlier was carving his way up the field...about 20 laps in Tom who was in 3rd place was about to get lapped by Shaggy Alonso but he slowed down so that we could have our own mini-battle, they both managed to come to blows at least 3 times but it was great fun. Shaggy then proceeded to win the race whilst still battling with Tom. Tom then slowed up to let Shaggy past at the line so he wouldn't have to do an extra lap, however the results then showed as Tom coming in 6th place and Alonso +270.08 secs behind Shaggy. We have no idea why this bug occurred but we didn't really care as we got some great track time and had some really good fun! Hopefully you will be able to join us next time and we'll have some fantastic battles.

Looks like akmuq unfortunately is going to have to pull out of the championship, the seat is free if you want it Tom.

EDIT:

I've updated the driver roster and teams on the OP. DOUQA and NumbPhase now make up Hesketh Racing, and i've slotted the only remaining driver, Baumi, in with CJ to complete Brawn GP.

P.S. If any of you know any good clean, committed racers then let them know about being a reserve driver in the series 👍

Last edited:
Fraid I can't manage it at all today. The only time I could this weekend would be saturday evening :ouch:

EDIT:

Upuaut, you now can have the Renault car to drive. since akmuq is backing out. Tom will take the Williams instead. I take it this is preferable for you?

Also, i'm free for practice NOW if anyone else is able?

Last edited:
Upuaut, you now can have the Renault car to drive. since akmuq is backing out. Tom will take the Williams instead. I take it this is preferable for you?

Finally! I'm happy with this! FORZA Robert! 👍

Edit: In case of practice. I get cold and driving with full concentration on F1 its not possible. Other case. I have 2 little boys and my free time starts from 21 or later...

hello, everybody. Better late than never. I was busy like hell during last week. Now I'm ready, steady and furious :) Give me a shout when do you plan next practice. I'll be ready for sure. Once again welcome everybody and i hope this league will be great experience.

hello, everybody. Better late than never. I was busy like hell during last week. Now I'm ready, steady and furious :) Give me a shout when do you plan next practice. I'll be ready for sure. Once again welcome everybody and i hope this league will be great experience.

Hey vavie, thanks for dropping by :)

I can only do some practice tomorrow night, between about 5-11.

Make sure you read through the first post carefully so that you're up to date with all the rules and what the schedule is. The plan is to have an official practice race on 6th March before the real thing on 13th March.

Look forward to racing you soon 👍

I should be free for some practicing tomorrow, probably later in the afternoon, at about 4 or 5.

Vavie, we plan to do 1 race a week, but Bahrain has been postponed due to people not being able to make the opening race.

Okay guys I am going to buy a racing wheel for the season ahead, but unfortunatley I only have a very limited budget...just wondering if this would do the job okay?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9289743/Trail/searchtext>PS3+RACING+WHEELS.htm

EDIT: Actually scrap the i'm gonna buy a Logitech Driving Force Ex....Good investment?

I'd say the DFP is a good choice to go for. Fishfash, who is probably the fastest F1:CE driver I ever raced against used one for quite a while and always recommended it. It particularly suits F1 because it only has 180 degree lock and is small and more appropriately sized. Its FFB is meant to be decent too. Certainly for a budget wheel, i'd say that'd be your best bet. I forgot to mention it when we were racing yesterday.

Go for it 👍

Hey Alonso, Can you put me down as a reserve. PSN : XAl-Aqsa

I run my own leagues at http://vivaf1racingleague.webs.com/ and the F1 season is almost over so i'll be available to race in this one

Let us know if im in
Thanks

Hey Jerry, not a problem that's you signed up. All I ask is that you read through the original post carefully and add everyone on the driver roster to your friends list on PSN.

Also which team would you like to be a reserve for? You have the choice of either, Benetton, Brabham, Brawn or Hesketh.

EDIT:

Who is up for practice at some stage tonight, between 5-11?

Last edited:
EDIT:

Who is up for practice at some stage tonight, between 5-11?[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure man, would love too :)

Looks like a very well organized league by Shaggy, congrats mate.

What day/time the races will take place?

EDIT* Just saw the first page, every Sunday at 19:30 GMT ...

Last edited:
EDIT:

Who is up for practice at some stage tonight, between 5-11?

Yeah sure man, would love too :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, hopefully a few of us will be online at some stage and we can have a decent practice together 👍

Looks like a very well organized league by Shaggy, congrats mate.

What day/time the races will take place?

EDIT* Just saw the first page, every Sunday at 19:30 GMT ...

Thanks very much, Roninen. It helps when you've got two people organising it. Would you be interested in being a reserve driver? Still a couple of those slots left. It means you would fill in any time either driver of your team can't make it. If one of them pulls out together, then you would be offered their race seat for the rest of the season.

is there any vacant slot for me too? would love to join any vacant team.thanks in advance.

Hey manios, I see we now have a few Greek admirers, always good to see! See the post above for info. You may be a reserve driver, but all the permanent slots have been filled.

is anyone up for practice right now i'm in. let me know. I'll be here for next dozens of minutes

Hey vavie, i'm online now and up for practice. Just sent you a couple of messages on PSN.

Back