7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Thanks very much, Roninen. It helps when you've got two people organising it. Would you be interested in being a reserve driver? Still a couple of those slots left. It means you would fill in any time either driver of your team can't make it. If one of them pulls out together, then you would be offered their race seat for the rest of the season.

Shaggy, really appreciate your invitation but unfortunately i cannot race Sunday man.I would love to race on this league.

But i will be around.If there is any change to my schedule and there is still need for drivers (reserve or full time) i will inform.

Good fun and nice to have a pace check practicing today đź‘Ť. I hope to be fairly competitive if I ever turn up to a race.

Good fun and nice to have a pace check practicing today đź‘Ť. I hope to be fairly competitive if I ever turn up to a race.

Thanks once again Ardius for dropping by. It's important to get a little practice in before the season gets underway.

It seems to be just me who's struggling seriously with fuel consumption at Bahrain. As a result I have to run a pretty compromised set up and keep the engine in its standard setting which means I could be a sitting duck in the race even if I do qualify near the front.

About pace, I think the gaps between drivers are exaggerated in Bahrain by the extremely long lap time, in the same way that a tenth of a second at the Nordschleife isn't worth the same as a tenth of a second at Monaco. The field will most likely get pretty strung out in this race in particular.

Hey Jerry, not a problem that's you signed up. All I ask is that you read through the original post carefully and add everyone on the driver roster to your friends list on PSN.

Also which team would you like to be a reserve for? You have the choice of either, Benetton, Brabham, Brawn or Hesketh.

Thanks Alonso :) Have read the main post and i get the gist of it
..I'll plump for Benetton

Alright dudes, just checking in. My PSN is Internet_User so add that bad boy.

I hope to get some racing in tonight around 10pm if anyone fancies joining. Probably just be racing Bahrain.

James! Welcome to our glorious championship đź‘Ť

I'm busy tonight so can't practice but i'm free most of wednesday for practice.

P.S. Practice a 50% race and watch your fuel consumption. If you can't find anyone to practice with, just do a single player grand prix and pick the Red Bull as that is the car that the online cars are based on apparently.

See you out on track soon :)

50%?!?!

I guess I'll have to have some coffee on hand to keep alert!

Just hooked up my ps3 and got it all set up again so I'm good to go later. Got a cheeky bluetooth headset aswell so I can now shout road rage at people.

Hey manios, I see we now have a few Greek admirers, always good to see! See the post above for info. You may be a reserve driver, but all the permanent slots have been filled.

so how can i apply for reserve driver?im intrested even for reserve
sorry that im asking but my english are a bit crap :P
i can apply here?or somewhere else?

could i be a resrve driver in this championship, add me on ps3 maclaren_no1

so how can i apply for reserve driver?im intrested even for reserve
sorry that im asking but my english are a bit crap :P
i can apply here?or somewhere else?

I'll sign you both up. However, you both need to read the first post very carefully to make sure you can take part in the championship.

There are 3 teams to choose from to be reserve drivers for - Brabham, Brawn and Hesketh - take your pick.

Manios, you only need to post here, there's no official way of entering the competition. Just read through the original post and you'll be fine :)

im absolutely wiped from jiu jitsu - just lying on the couch vegetating

im gonna start up the ps3 now though

Jiu Jitsu?? Since when did you start that?

I'm just back from go-karting at Eddie Irvines, I rather sucked although my pace started coming back to me towards the end. The race ended early just before I was about to get back in the kart (we were doing a team endurance event) with a really nasty accident. One kart actually lifted up over the tyre barrier and collided head on with a kart coming the other way on the adjacent bit of track, mid-air. He did the guys arm in and it was bleeding quite badly but thankfully he looked like he would be all right. Had he been any higher though he could have taken the guy's head off, it was a bizarre accident.

Has to be said though, F1 2010 is way more fun, and safer đź‘Ť I hope we'll all race a lot more carefully than the morons I had to race tonight.

bloody hell, that sounds horrific. That place is too small really, nowhere to overtake. Whenever you're next over here we need to go to Raceland again.

Yeah, been doing jiu jitsu now for 4-5 months. It's great fun and an amazing way to keep in shape. Try to do it at least 2 times a week but work tends to get in the way, like it will for the rest of the week.

Just did a 50% race at Bahrain. Got black flagged after 15 laps lol. I went wide at 6 (that sort of blind left hander) and couldn't be arsed getting back on track so i just cut two corners or so. Wouldn't do that in a real race obv.

Playing the computer is a good way to get a feel of a track again but I did find my attention span wane a bit which led to the mistake. Will be cool to get some real practice races on the go.

Was reasonably pleased with my pace after not playing the game for 3 weeks or so. I'm just inconsistant which should be ironed out come race day. What laps you getting on a full tank with softs Ben? I've no idea what good race pace is for this track but I'm guessing consistent 158s would be alright. Don't really know how fast I can be tbh.

I'll sign you both up. However, you both need to read the first post very carefully to make sure you can take part in the championship.

There are 3 teams to choose from to be reserve drivers for - Brabham, Brawn and Hesketh - take your pick.

Manios, you only need to post here, there's no official way of entering the competition. Just read through the original post and you'll be fine :)

nice!have read the first post.no prob with me what so ever.so sign me up for Brawn, my psn id is : manios22DC
waiting for your news :)
đź‘Ť

If theres any reserve spots left i'm interested!

nice!have read the first post.no prob with me what so ever.so sign me up for Brawn, my psn id is : manios22DC
waiting for your news :)
đź‘Ť

No problem manios, you are now Brawn's reserve driver đź‘Ť

If theres any reserve spots left i'm interested!

Sure, that'll be the last slot for you then, you've got Brabham or Hesketh to choose between.

Wow, ti is cool.The Entry Post is really atmospheric and i can hear the engines already!

I'm afraid since you haven't actually asked for a slot in the championship i'll have to go with mattymc even though he posted after you.

Wow, just checked back here today and this look really popular. Really looking forward to racing everyone :D

Wow, just checked back here today and this look really popular. Really looking forward to racing everyone :D

Yeah, that's a full house now I believe. 18 participants in total đź‘Ť

I've just to hear back from mattymc and maclaren_no1 as to which teams they want to be reserve drivers for.

P.S. Should I be the first one to break it to maclaren_no1 that he's miss-spelt his own screen name?

EDIT: Unfortunately it looks like I won't be free to race any time tomorrow after all, but I am free shortly tonight, from about 12:00 if any midnight racers fancy a practice together?

Last edited:
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, are we using real parc ferme rules for the championship?

No, as there is no way of policing this, you may change your set-up between qualifying and the race. The only thing you can't do is change your tyres from the ones you set your fastest qualifying lap on.

It's me who got all the people who want to be reserve drivers interested due to my facebook page and by the way I have been ill these past couple of days so I won't be on until Thursday or Friday and just a quick question...I can't find the Driving Force Pro anywhere apart from ebay, should I just a Driving Force GT instead?

Back