80 License Golds - Join the club!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 605 comments
So I'm on my way to this. Golded all of AI and exited to find a blank screen and nothing happens at all. Had to shut down my PS3 because it was so hot. Tragic. You don't want to see my face right now.

i got all 80 golds a couple of months ago. (PAL/ DS2)
here's the proof::)

PIC_0848-1.jpg

Ive had 80 golds + Coffee breaks for a while.
I finished the licences once to unlock everything, then I re-did them to get all gold.
Now i am currently doing them once again, last time i quit when i got gold, this time i want to beat my old times, (and the demo ones too, where possible) and then i'll see by just how much (if at all) i can lower my times.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5098/image00872.jpg

Edit: finished redoing licenses, times are in the GT4 license comparison thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4225071#post4225071

Last edited:
I've had 80 golds and Gold Coffee breaks for about a year now. It took me about a year or so after i first got GT4 back in the first year it came out, along with a nother year or so to get all 80...

I'll work on getting a photo to prove my claim and (Hopefully!) get into this club.

So a few days ago, I put GT4 back in the PS3 to pass the time until November 2nd, only to find I couldn't get my save game going. Oh well, figured I'd go through the licenses again. Got my 80 gold over the course of 2 nights, which surprised me. I didn't get all golds before my game was lost. I'll post up my proof later on.

Hello all! New member to gtplanet. Glad to make this my first post. Completed 73 gold shortly after the game was released and then life happened. So with the release of 5 pending I thought I would finish the up the remaining 7 longtime buggers. Hope 5 is as rewarding! NTSC/ North America/ DS-2

Attachments

• IMG_2253.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
So I've had GT4 since the day it came out, played with the ds/2 for about 6 months and put the game on the shelf. Got my G25 about a year ago or so and played some GT4 here and there but just arcade mode. Built myself a crazy little cockpit about 6 months ago and started slowly getting back into racing. Once or twice a week since then a few buddies and I would take turns hot lapping.

I decided two weeks ago I wanted to start a fresh GT4 file and go for all 80 Golds. I'm very pleased to report that I finished it tonight. Funny though that Trial Mountain with the SLR ended up being the toughest one for me.

NTSC, G25

IMG_20101201_212804.jpg

Now to try and get Driving Mission #34 done! (Ugh the SLR again...)

Sign me up!

80 Golds - NTSC - DS2

Prove:

15122010317.jpg

15122010318.jpg

I've never driven the car yet and I never know how the car feels like.. Anyway, pardon for the bad picture angle and quality. Was avoiding the ''black lines'' of the CRT TV on my camera.

I so want to finish these. Just got the 2 cone slalom one. Figure they are gonna stop me here and in 5. Oh well. Not gonna lie about it. They are beating me, or I am beating myself. One way or the other, i'm gonna keep trying.

I just golded S2, the Citta di Aria one with the classic Alfa Romeo Spider.

What do you think? Can I, over time, gold all of them? In other words do you assess that one as easy/medium/difficult for a tarmac test?

I just golded S2, the Citta di Aria one with the classic Alfa Romeo Spider.

What do you think? Can I, over time, gold all of them? In other words do you assess that one as easy/medium/difficult for a tarmac test?

Of course you can, they are not really that hard to gold. The test you are talking about can be tricky, good braking is the key I found, I would rate it medium difficulty.

@kalmjaws, if you open your post with the picture in the 100k club. Copy this address from the address bar.
Edit you above post and paste the address in there. That should do it nice and easy. 👍

This thread is seven years old and people are still adding to it. Crazy. Keep it up, Junkies.

@ Above, congrats on the 80 Gold, as well as the very impressive mileage & A-spec tallies, that's a lot of GT4ing.
Thanks Mate,
I appreciate your comments since you sure know what you are talking about. Still have the daunting M34 left. I hate the idea of beating it by cheating.

On GT 5 still lack gold on the 3 Vettel Challenges and Eiger Nordwand.
I wonder which of them is harder to achieve.
Regards
George

Back