800 hp Electric Car

• Thread starter skip0110
  • 45 comments
United States
Worcester, MA
skip0110
0-60 in around 4 sec
0-100 in 7 sec
It has 8 wheels, with a 100 hp motor for each.

And it looks like a turd.

car_portal_pic_17287.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?previews/previews_story.php?id=51690

Does that mean I can get my TV remote to do 0-60 in around 4 secs now! :dopey:

[off-topic] Anyone see Top Gear? Around 3 secs = 3.7secs? :lol: [/off-topic]

Any car that has a bak end close to that is just plain ugly. The front could do better without those wide headlights.

ExigeExcel
:lol: yeah I saw that one...but I forget which car they were talking about....an Aston I would guess?

And I am similarly suspicious that they did not post a range.

I don't like any part of that car other than it's electric powered ;)

ExigeExcel

Yeah the whole episode was funny, and the Zonda part looked amazingly fun 👍

@ Skip0110:No, it was the Pagani Zonda Roadster!

Yeah, because alot of the battery only cars I think had a very limited mileage. Something like a 100 miles or so.

First off, I would rather eat my own hair than drive or be seen anywhere near that car. I don't care if it had more power than the Saturn 5 rocket, that is absolutely HIDEOUS.

And that was a good episode of Top Gear. Richard needs to take grade 4 math again, 3.7 seconds does not round to 3 seconds! And what was the deal with the yacht? A carbon fibre toilet seat???

4,300 THP

Yes, it's electric. All current diesel engines are actually moved by electric motors. The diesel part is actually generators for the electric motors.

I never thought I'd say this but you need SOME style before power. If it looks half decent great, if it looks like that...well, I wouldn't put my mother in that thing.

I never thought I'd say this but you need SOME style before power. If it looks half decent great, if it looks like that...well, I wouldn't put my mother in that thing.
Ricer!!!!!

I'm guessing noone has found the range figures yet. :(

Hrm.. .HP outta electric motors... odd.

Most electric motors generate poo for HP, since all their torque is at low low RPM.. like 100 RPM.

I've talked with the guy that has designed and patented a 1000 FT/lbs of torque electric two seater. Its funny looking, but well, it runs 12's at the 1/4... mostly cause of adhesion issues...

Whats the torque being produced by that car?? Thats what electric motors are good at...

ExigeExcel
Ricer!!!!!

I'm guessing noone has found the range figures yet. :(
How am I a ricer? I never said put big stickers on it with a fart can ahnging of the back, with neons, spinners or anything like that on it. I just said make it look half decent first. That things styling is :yuck:

Back