80th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours - 16–17 June 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,365 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing "Day to Live" to the end of the Speed Coverage.

I'm off as well, thanks everybody. I got time for a couuple hours of GT5 before speed shows taped delay running of the Continental Tire series race...loving it that the classic Mustang vs camaro battle is back!

I'll set a room up in around 35 min, will post here. Going on PSN now to charge mic.

Even though I missed the final 5 hours (passed out on the bed lol), it was still a bit of fun staying around in this thread in the other 19 hours. Congrats to Audi, Corvette, Ferrari, and the other manufacturers who have made it to the final second of the race, and the other retired teams that spiced a very gruesome race :cheers: Let's hope Toyota comes around again next year to challenge Audi!

Congrats to Audi, but let this not be a repeat of last year were they won Leman and lost every other race in the season. Looking forward to silverstone in august.

I wanna join, but it's too late and school starts tomorrow for me. :indiff:

Can't join in…damn thing keeps telling me the request has timed out…

And I was so looking forward to this after I missed the 'Ring race. :ouch::banghead:

Can't join in…damn thing keeps telling me the request has timed out…

And I was so looking forward to this after I missed the 'Ring race. :ouch::banghead:

Lobby still open, mixed GT and LMP racing.

Last edited:
How weird that I couldn't join ANY room at all. My little brother just played some GT5 before I did, and he got into lobbies without any problem. I couldn't join neither lobbies posted in this thread, neither could I join a totally random picked lobby from the open lounge list :grumpy:

Lobby still open, mixed GT and LMP racing.
GT5 servers still being a 🤬 and not letting me in.

How weird that I couldn't join ANY room at all. My little brother just played some GT5 before I did, and he got into lobbies without any problem. I couldn't join neither lobbies posted in this thread, neither could I join a totally random picked lobby from the open lounge list :grumpy:

Same here, and if you go into open lobby, it'll tell you that currently, there are zero rooms open. Strange indeed…PD's up to something…

Congratulations to Audi Sport for their triple podium win this year at Le Mans!

Overall disappointing race this year for Le Mans, especially for the LMP1 class. For the first few hours Toyota showed that they were not only fast but also a serious competitor to Audi. Unfortunately this competition was shattered as soon as the #8 car retired due to a collision with one of the Ferrari GT cars. Toyota's bad luck seemed to continue and the #7 car crashed with the Nissan #0 DeltaWing a few seconds after the safety car left and the race was continued.

Afterwards there was little competion for Audi and so their cars continued in the lead, only to have some fairly minor incidents throughout the entire race. More competition was seen in the lower classes, notably between Porche and Corvette. This provided some entertainment to soothe the bitter dissapointment that us LMP1 fans were feeling.

Next year I hope Toyota will be back with more cars to challenge Audi. It would also be nice to have some more interesting projects like the Nissan DeltaWing back on track.

Anyway, thanks guys for the interesting discussion throughout the entire race. See you again next year! :cheers: 👍

I had to leave the lobby for family reasons. It is fathers day so I'm doing stuff for that. I had tons of fun though! :)

Wish that I could join up on the lobby, but my internet is having a bad day, so I can't bother turning the PS3 on. :(

You guys know what your problem is with the Lobby? Everyone around the world had the same idea as you did :lol:

The session I hosted just ended. Thanks for some good races guys. Join Furin's lobby if you want more.

And once again thanks to the community for some great talk about Le Mans!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back