80th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours - 16–17 June 2012

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,365 comments
  • 273,543 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The classification tables confuse me. At one point the screen shows Toyota being 1:04 behind the #1 Audi, then the tables suddenly show the #1 being a lap ahead :confused:

Yeah same issue here.
I also saw errors with the drivers currently driving on some cars.
 
I saw the Toyota seemed to be falling apart. :lol:

The funny thing is, the lap when the endplate dropped off Lapierre did a 3:27 flat. That's some amazing pace right there.
 
Anywho, could someone fill me in on the goings on of late? I saw the Toyota seemed to be falling apart. :lol:

You could just read the past few pages, it's not like this thread updates THAT fast. :lol:
 
TheEnd35000vr
Good God who knew being dragged around the shops could take so long.
Anywho, could someone fill me in on the goings on of late? I saw the Toyota seemed to be falling apart. :lol:

http://live.lemans-tv.com/en/

Current status.
 
The classification tables confuse me. At one point the screen shows Toyota being 1:04 behind the #1 Audi, then the tables suddenly show the #1 being a lap ahead :confused:

It depends on where the cars are on track. If they show the classification when the #1 Audi has already started his next lap, the Toyota has completed one lap less in total, hence the difference.

I was having the same confusion as you, until one of the commentators cleared that out :)
 
Mine is setup like this:

Le%2520Mans%2520Setup.png


And we're talking about the race in the other tab.
 
You could just read the past few pages, it's not like this thread updates THAT fast. :lol:

It has slowed up a little. Not much on twitter either.
 
Hey guys, just checking if people are actually alive here (unlike the nogrip forums...)
 
Hey guys, just checking if people are actually alive here (unlike the nogrip forums...)

Nogrip is dead a lot of the time. WE ARE ALIVE!
 
Hey guys, just checking if people are actually alive here (unlike the nogrip forums...)

so alive you can't even keep up :sly:
 
Good God who knew being dragged around the shops could take so long.
Anywho, could someone fill me in on the goings on of late? I saw the Toyota seemed to be falling apart. :lol:

I hear you, missed the first two hours but had recorded it :D
Saw the first hour when I got home then fast forwarded only returning to the normal pace when something happened. Now watching live :)
 
4 Hours into the 24 Hours Le Mans! Happy to see Toyota Hybrid TS030's in 2nd (#8) & 3rd (#7). Going to get some Sleep! And Keep watching in the Morning :) Night everyone! (3am here in Aus) Picture of the Evening -
457916_432414616791827_2095570594_o.jpg
 
uytkujygkjhgkuyglouiylo.png


my setup
 
It surprises me how some people see Toyoya as some kind of "underdog". Toyota Motorsport GMBH is, basically, a full fledged F1 team with top notch facilities and they do have experience at Le Mans because they were the ones that fielded the TS020 some years ago. It's their first year, true, but they are no noobs.
 
Ahh good. I need such forums to keep me focussed through the night
 
They seem quicker but they make more stops till now
 
It surprises me how some people see Toyoya as some kind of "underdog". Toyota Motorsport GMBH is, basically, a full fledged F1 team with top notch facilities and they do have experience at Le Mans because they were the ones that fielded the TS020 some years ago. It's their first year, true, but they are no noobs.

Even if they do have previous experience from Le Mans, time and cars have changed A LOT from those days, so it's no wonder they are considered as the underdogs.

BTW, it seems to be getting a bit darker on the track, at least on the main straight.
 
Even Brian Vickers ditches NASCAR for Le Mans, come on speed! :lol:

Ahh good. I need such forums to keep me focussed through the night

We all do ;). All the chatter keeps you awake. Oh, and the Red Bull.
 
Compared to last year a pretty clean race so far...
 
Scalage
Ahh good. I need such forums to keep me focussed through the night

GTPlanet will always be here for you, bro. :lol: 👍
 
Even Brian Vickers ditches NASCAR for Le Mans, come on speed! :lol:



We all do ;). All the chatter keeps you awake. Oh, and the Red Bull.

He's still looking for Jamie McMurray... :lol:
 
It surprises me how some people see Toyoya as some kind of "underdog". Toyota Motorsport GMBH is, basically, a full fledged F1 team with top notch facilities and they do have experience at Le Mans because they were the ones that fielded the TS020 some years ago. It's their first year, true, but they are no noobs.

I must say, I'm very impressed with the Toyota's. I know they aren't rookies but a completely new car is always a sort of gamble. Good thing they seem to have built a good one :)
 
It surprises me how some people see Toyoya as some kind of "underdog". Toyota Motorsport GMBH is, basically, a full fledged F1 team with top notch facilities and they do have experience at Le Mans because they were the ones that fielded the TS020 some years ago. It's their first year, true, but they are no noobs.

Because they class themselve as underdogs, they don't expect to finish nevermind win.
 
Looks like we'll get another 3-way battle in GT very soon ! :)
 
Deltawing on the pits, some adjustments done to the refueling hose.
 
I hear you, missed the first two hours but had recorded it :D
Saw the first hour when I got home then fast forwarded only returning to the normal pace when something happened. Now watching live :)

Nah, I saw the start. Shame my stream was stuck onboard the R18 in 2nd place :mad:

4 Hours into the 24 Hours Le Mans! Happy to see Toyota Hybrid TS030's in 2nd (#8) & 3rd (#7). Going to get some Sleep! And Keep watching in the Morning :) Night everyone! (3am here in Aus) Picture of the Evening -
457916_432414616791827_2095570594_o.jpg

The irony of that being my Avatar :lol:
 
It surprises me how some people see Toyoya as some kind of "underdog". Toyota Motorsport GMBH is, basically, a full fledged F1 team with top notch facilities and they do have experience at Le Mans because they were the ones that fielded the TS020 some years ago. It's their first year, true, but they are no noobs.

They are noobs compared to Audi though...you can't possibly expect them to beat Audi first time out? Thats why its impressive. Its not a negative thing - its the opposite!
 
I must say, I'm very impressed with the Toyota's. I know they aren't rookies but a completely new car is always a sort of gamble. Good thing they seem to have built a good one :)

And they're closing in pretty quickly now, 11 secs difference left!
Will be interesting how it pans out for them with the pit stops, as the Audi can always do a lap more.
This will be a very nice race if they continue like that :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back