80th running of the Le Mans 24 Hours - 16–17 June 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,365 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see Nakajima getting his laps in. Aston martin in front in GTE Pro and Am. By .060 in AM over the Vette.

Toyota certainly do seem to be on the pace. But we'll never know if the true pace of the Audis is being shown today

Audi now fastest. No. 1. B. Treluyer in 3:29.570. That's an impressive lat post! :ouch:

We don't know if Toyota are showing their true pace either mate. No one likes to show their full hand at this point.

True that TT 👍

Interesting that the fastest AMR-One so far is the DeltaWing :D

EDIT - TK does a litle better now. 3'29,492 in the #2 E-TRON

Nice. What's Audi's and Peugeot's time in Qualifying 2? 3:26? I forgot. :lol:

Eh, sorry, the times on top of that initial sheet were provisional.

Here's the official results of qualifying (they're farther down the sheet)

2011 Qualifying results (From Wikipedia)
zl100.jpg

Nakajima set the fastest time for Toyota so far. I doubt he'll be their pace setter. I think both them and Audi will get to the 3:28s today.

True that TT 👍

Interesting that the fastest AMR-One so far is the DeltaWing :D

EDIT - TK does a litle better now. 3'29,492 in the #2 E-TRON

Yes and each of the AMR-one chassis have put more laps down than the originals managed combined. :sly:

Nakajima set the fastest time for Toyota so far. I doubt he'll be their pace setter. I think both them and Audi will get to the 3:28s today.

And the #8's now set a time just 8 tenths behind. I wonder who's driving it.

Ooo! TRÉLUYER B. hits a 3:28.750 in the e-tron as the track becomes less green and the temp's rise.

Krumm did his 10 rookie laps already, Motoyama is finishing his own, Franchitti will only drive this afternoon. 3'50,195 puts the car inside the LMP2 class pace (done by Krumm I think) but can't tell what the real pace will be, probably Franchitti will push it a litle more later.

This is Michael Krumm speaking of his experience today

In English

In German

In Japanese

The Delta Wing's done 24 laps with a best of 3:50.159 done by Motoyama.

It's sitting toward the back of the LMP2 times with that result at this time. With the best LMP2 time being a 3:42 by Pecom in their Oreca 03 at the moment.

Big divide in LMP2 right now, lots of competition.

And interestingly, Greaves with Ordonez (and the Brundles) and Signatech #23 with Tresson are separated by five tenths at 3:45.9 and 3:46.5, respectively.

Is it true that Microsoft/Forza are now taking over Playstation/Gran Turismo Chicane?

LeMans TV Live: #17 Dome stopped at Forza Motorsport Chicane :confused:

Ah well that confirms it, both cars are the same livery.

Looking great though, thanks for the photos.

It's actually Turn 7 that the first chicane's at at Sarthe.

And the name change isn't a big deal, the names for those chicanes can go to anyone. Could be the 7-11 chicane for all I care. It's not like it gives a company "race-cred" or anything.

Ah well that confirms it, both cars are the same livery.

Looking great though, thanks for the photos.

And i'm sure much to the annoyance of the ACO, all the advertising, tickets, posters, clothing etc have the Toyota's in red

What happened to Sony/Playstation/Gran Turismo? They aren't no longer sponsoring Le Mans anymore?

Yeah... *sigh* and me.

Liked the original color, but it's no big deal, let's just race!

And woot, Duval just put an Ultra on top, 3:27.732.

The e-trons are showing faster sector times but keep losing it toward the end, so there's definitely a lot of time to be had. I expect session 2 to produce times in the 25s at least.

And Sebastien Buemi's hit a 28 with his drive in the TS030!

THIS IS AWESOME

I liked Buemi when he was in F1, it's good to see him showing some good worth here.
and now the first session is complete.

Last edited:
Any pictures of the Forza chicane?

Nice push from the No.8 Toyota TS030! 3:28.298

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back