82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
I love reading their Self Study Program documents and being in awe' at the technology they incorporate into their vehicles. They literally go to the technical/innovative edge to get something to work on their cars. Not only that, their racing history. I'm a fanboy.

Self Study Program??? :drool:

LINKS PLEEEEEEEEEEEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Mans laughs at your über-simplistic probability calculations.
7 cars able to win

7 cars on similar performance

100/7= 14,28571428571429%

14,28571428571429*3=42,85714285714286%

You can bring in all the variables you want in this stupid math, but at the end of the day if the cars are running similar performance and opponents cars have technical issues this stupid math has its weight on the final result.

Oh and I'm not hearing any "Le Mans laughs".

7 cars able to win

You can bring in all the variables you want in this stupid math, but at the end of the day if the cars are running similar performance this stupid math has its weight on the final result.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can anyone believe this guy??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We still haven't seen any pictures of the burned or broken Toyota have we? I'm assuming it burned because the car looked all white from the view of the passing GT car, so I'm assuming that was the extinguisher.

I hope Turvey gets a job at Nissan in an LMP1 after this. He seems like a nice guy, that never had the chops or chance to be a full F1 pilot and instead just became their test guy and deserves to race at the top rung.
The guy I'm always stunned never has gotten a factory shot is Tom Kimber-Smith. He's won the LMP2 class 3 times I think.

7 cars able to win

You can bring in all the variables you want in this stupid math, but at the end of the day if the cars are running similar performance and opponents cars have technical issues this stupid math has its weight on the final result.

And both Porsche and Toyota decided that the increased chance to win the race isn't worth the investment to enter a third car.

If only Toyota wasn't just some small boutique manufacturer...

Considering two years back he called ACO regs laughable and trying to kill drivers because GT cars apparently are supposed to move off line for LMPs, no.

Also the same guy that claims year in and year out the RBR have to be cheating some how, that FOM/FIA plays to them. As well as claiming earlier that the ACO rigged the GTE Pro class regs, even though his team is winning. When they weren't leading he claimed that it was due to the other cars being gifted with a lead due to BoP. Though he couldn't produce anything that proved this.

Most impressive thing this year though has to be those Ligier LMP2 cars, even though it still feels weird to me that they have Nissan's. Ligier is just so French lol.
Well, Nissan and Renault are pretty close. ;)
But yeah, it's great to see Ligier so strong, they're beautiful cars.

As I said earlier, for once I'm not bothered about Audi winning again. They earnt it this year, and the additional 3rd car was knocked out early anyway. In fact, consider this - of 7 LMP1-H cars, only 3 are still running at the flag. That's incredible attrition, can anyone remember that in recent memory?

Fact is we've had 3 manufacturers all lead this race, all with a legit chance of victory. Audi have had to fight through adversity and opponents being quicker to win. So today, they deserve it. In previous years when it's been a one-horse race (or two with the other horse being a rubbish Peugeot or Toyota) it's been boring to see them walk home. But this year fair play.

I think this year has actually been the best Le Mans in recent memory. Attrition, incidents, multiple race leaders, most of the classes still close for most of the race, and no short amount of drama. Great work. After last year's borefest overshadowed by the tragedy at the start, this has been SO much better.

So much so that I'll hopefully be trackside for 2015 :)

Seems like you like smileys quite a lot but what if Toyota had another car running on #7 pace WITHOUT #7 technical issues?

I'd say it would be leading the race, so? What's your point? It still has nothing to do with budget or with Toyota being "David". And even if Toyota had a #9, your precious math can't predict or reflect a driver pulling out a Vadim Kogay and smashing it to bits against the barrier.

If you think Le Mans fits into your absurdely simplistic calculations and that Toyota has "less budget", I have no interest in talking to you anymore as you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

That kinda sounds like you would just watch Le Mans to hate on the winners and cheer for whoever has the chance to beat them.
No, I just prefer balanced results, if other companies see winning Le Mans is possible we might have more of them intersted.

As well as claiming earlier that the ACO rigged the GTE Pro class regs, even though his team is winning. When they weren't leading he claimed that it was due to the other cars being gifted with a lead due to BoP.
:lol:

Back