82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
So I just woke up and see that Audi is still in the lead. Any lead changes in the past 7 hours?
#2 is leading instead of the #1 which had turbo issues costing it 5 laps.

Porsche #20 was leading for a good hour or so when the #1 hit issues before it hit issues afterwards and is still in the garage after 2 hours.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pathetic for a factory team to put their cars in the garage for an hour just so they can parade it around for the last lap?

Ok, a little over a lap to finish! :D

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda pathetic for a factory team to put their cars in the garage for an hour just so they can parade it around for the last lap?

Nope, you're not alone :lol:.

Why do the Audi guys look so sad? :lol:

Because in the end they made it too easy, they crave a true challenger to one day free them from the bonds of having to perpetually race. They long for the day an opponent cant just outright smash them, and so they keep searching. Waiting, longing, hoping it will happen...:(

Nah I have no idea, they need to put a smile on. :sly:

Final lap. It was a fantastic race this year. Porsche did a awesome job on their comeback. Toyota really strong this year.
A shame that the #7 had to retire and that the #20 also had to park in the pits, but great that they could get the car fit again for the final lap.
Congratulations to Audi, they did a good job like always.

Sad that it's already over again and that we have to wait for a whole year till the next race.

Coming into 2011 that Fassler / Lotterer / Treyluer line up was the Audi line up nobody thought of or talked about. 4 years later they've won 3 times. Impressive.

And so Audi take what could be considered a fairly improbable victory.
They've rarely looked more suspect. But they still win Le Mans.
Truly mental...!

Coming into 2011 that Fassler / Lotterer / Treyluer line up was the Audi line up nobody thought of or talked about. 4 years later they've won 3 times. Impressive.

Very much so. You'd think they would loose something with McNish retiring and TK coming towards the end of his career, but nope.

Yeah because a 3rd car and a team of 3 drivers and all those change parts needed are free Le Mans candy. Ok, LOL.
[Toyota],as of January 2014, is the fourteenth-largest company in the world by revenue. Toyota was the largest automobile manufacturer in 2012 (by production). In July of that year, the company reported the production of its 200-millionth vehicle.
In case you didn't know.

Must be ahuge issue for them to bring up the budget for a third cars. If anything, I'm surprised that the VW AG is allocating the budget to Porsche to race alongside Audi, given that they're both belonging to the same corporation.

Take a look at Peugot. They had three cars, but their RND was off, so all three popped their turbos. That's why the number of cars doesn't directly translate to a chance to win.
I know.
It's just some people pretending I don't know it doesn't directly translate to a chance to win.
I just said it has it's own weight. It surely doesn't h And prove that wrong.

Well guys, it's been a lot of fun and a genuine pleasure to watch this race and discuss it with all of you. It's been a great experience, like every year. Congratulations to Audi, despite not being my favourites for this year they earned the win with great driving and impecable work in the garages. LMP2 and the GT categories gave a great show, and I'm happy to see Simonsen's old team taking the win in GTAM.

Le Mans, oh Le Mans! :D Ah...I'm beggining to feel that post-race nostalgia ;)

The finish

bandicam 2014-06-15 08-02-24-098.jpg

Back