83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
This for me was probably one of the best races at Le Mans in a long time :). Porsche finally shooting Audi down from their win streak, and 'MURICAAAAA (the Corvettes) taking a win for GTE Pro. I'm so glad for Nico Hulkenburg and the rookie drivers in the #19. Nico never really made it in F1, but now, finally, he's made it at Le Mans. The constant battle between Porsche and Audi really had me on edge, but the victor in the end was Porsche. I hope there is another 24H LM like this.

Congrats Porsche. You did fantastic. :cheers:

Hello! Now, I'd like to kick off our very own award ceremony! If you could repost this but fill in the gaps and I will try to count up all the votes by tomorrow morning. Good luck.

Most contribution:
Weirdest post:
Funniest post:
Most liked post:
Best post:
Stupidest question:
Best reply:
Banter king:
Sarcasm king:

When Brabham turned up at Indy with a rear engined Cooper, they all thought it was a funny little car. Yet about 5 years later, they were all rear engined.

I'm not saying that everyone is now going to go FF, but NISMO were clearly not ready as they didn't have enough time to get fully ready, so give them a chance.

I have to give points to Nissan for at least trying to make the best out of a compromised situation. That being said, as Jeremy Clarkson would say, they were ambitious but rubbish. They created a lot of hype for something that, for all intents and purposes, had little chance for success given the bizarre concept and time they had to get it ready. Even if this Le Mans was a test session, the cars weren't even at full strength. I'm not sure the data has much value anyways because adding hundreds of horsepower to a car changes just about every variable.

But at least the drivers didn't embarrass themselves with their on-track performance. I bet the Ligier drivers would've found a way to spin a FWD car.
hsv
The TS050 is essentially going to be a 919 on steroids. I might be biased, but I have extremely high hopes for the car from the very start.
I hope so as well just to have more competition. This was Nissan's first attempt so I had little expectations for that group. What was Toyota's excuse? I almost didn't know they were at Le Mans.

When Brabham turned up at Indy with a rear engined Cooper, they all thought it was a funny little car. Yet about 5 years later, they were all rear engined.

I'm not saying that everyone is now going to go FF, but NISMO were clearly not ready as they didn't have enough time to get fully ready, so give them a chance.
Ah the Jack Brabham Indy days... Just waiting for somebody ask if it was a Rear engine Mini Cooper. :/

This for me was probably one of the best races at Le Mans in a long time :). Porsche finally shooting Audi down from their win streak, and 'MURICAAAAA (the Corvettes) taking a win for GTE Pro. I'm so glad for Nico Hulkenburg and the rookie drivers in the #19. Nico never really made it in F1, but now, finally, he's made it at Le Mans. The constant battle between Porsche and Audi really had me on edge, but the victor in the end was Porsche. I hope there is another 24H LM like this.

Congrats Porsche. You did fantastic. :cheers:

I thought Porsche winning was great, but to be honest that was a boring race. The dullest Le Mans I've seen.

A key difference was that when Brabham ran Indy there was obvious potential with the concept - he was competitive even when the engine was giving away 170HP to the rest of the field. Nissan have a lot to prove.

Last edited:
Working through the pics will have them done by tomorrow hopefully
18787086076_453aa6a8d5_z.jpg

hsv
The TS050 is essentially going to be a 919 on steroids. I might be biased, but I have extremely high hopes for the car from the very start.
Yes, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Once this season is done. I'm really looking forward to the cars next year.

CAN'T A MAN HAVE HIS DREAMS?

No, cause Dodge only makes dreams on Gran Tursimo (shots fired)
That's why all those shirts from today with the big "17" on them are slightly deceptive.

How so, Porsche gave plenty of influx into Dauer and went as far as to utilize Joest(Porshce's team before Audi) as help and build road cars with them to make everything legal, it's due to this grand help that Porsche gave (due to a loop hole) that allowed them to win and more importantly have the name in the win due to it being Porsche pulling the strings.

TWR same thing, except this time they claimed it wasn't a factory effort, though they took sole ownership and branding in 98 of the car that won in 96 and 97, were the ones that funded the restructuring of the Jag and so on and put their powerplant in it and then helped TWR run it...not "factory" though.

At the end of the day Porsche made efforts to circumvent rules in these cases and still win without trying to seem full fledged similar things by them have been done, go ask Penske.

@hsv The CLM has been excluded. I quote from a FB source:

The final results showed ""Excluded due to stewards decision No 65"," but does not describe that decision.

@hsv The CLM has been excluded. I quote from a FB source:

The final results showed ""Excluded due to stewards decision No 65"," but does not describe that decision.

And a fitting finale to a more-than-mediocre perfomance by the CLM team... Will that car ever get good? Call me sceptical, but I do not think that such a car will succed in the WEC, much less future Le Mans races. Unless a miracle happens...

And a fitting finale to a more-than-mediocre perfomance by the CLM team... Will that car ever get good? Call me sceptical, but I do not think that such a car will succed in the WEC, much less future Le Mans races. Unless a miracle happens...

They don't even know why there own car is called as such. If you don't know that you are in for a bad race...

They don't even know why there own car is called as such. If you don't know that you are in for a bad race...

And people talk about the Nissan being bad... I don't get it, really. That car is as bold as it can be, which somewhat explains why did it perform so poorly. (And please don't start yet another argument over this, it's not my intention and we have had enough of those for now.) The CLM is a standard "Essence" LMP1 class car, and it couldn't even defeat the Rebellions. If they can't do that in the biggest Endurance race of the year, what makes them think that they could do that in the smaller field of the WEC races?

And people talk about the Nissan being bad... I don't get it, really. That car is as bold as it can be, which somewhat explains why did it perform so poorly. (And please don't start yet another argument over this, it's not my intention and we have had enough of those for now.) The CLM is a standard "Essence" LMP1 class car, and it couldn't even defeat the Rebellions. If they can't do that in the biggest Endurance race of the year, what makes them think that they could do that in the smaller field of the WEC races?

Thing it has a good engine, the AER was awesome at Fuji, and the Rebellion had AER and was quite handy... it's just apparently made of cast off spares and drinks fuel like an alcoholic in a brewery.

You can view the Nissan vs CLMP1-01ByKodewaNoIt'SNotFuel-A-Holic LM-P1.5 as:

1) Nissan have made a 🤬 car, as it cannot beat a 🤬 P1 privateer.
2) Colins Loopy Motors have made a 🤬 car, as it can barely beat a P1 running with up to 50% less power than it should have.

I think there's been plenty of posts explaining what CLM stands for in this thread. :sly:

Yup, not all of them especially good :sly:

I don't understand what has gone wrong with the Kolles, it looked like they were making progress at the end of 2014, they were almost competitive with the Rebellion at Interlagos now they're slow and unreliable.

Thing it has a good engine, the AER was awesome at Fuji, and the Rebellion had AER and was quite handy... it's just apparently made of cast off spares and drinks fuel like an alcoholic in a brewery.

You can view the Nissan vs CLMP1-01ByKodewaNoIt'SNotFuel-A-Holic LM-P1.5 as:

1) Nissan have made a 🤬 car, as it cannot beat a 🤬 P1 privateer.
2) Colins Loopy Motors have made a 🤬 car, as it can barely beat a P1 running with up to 50% less power than it should have.

To be fair, I like the number 2 view a bit more; at least one Nissan finshed the race (despite being given a NC rating afterwards). And the Nissan isn't a car made of leftover spares and a druken sailor-style fuel tank. The AER engine is good, you are correct, but it can't pull miracles with such a bad chassis to begin with.
Meanwhile, the Colin Lumpy Mess couldn't even properly finish the race, as it was given an exclusion. Exclusions are more painful than non-classified ratings, in my honest opinion, as it just simply means "you 🤬 up" as opposed to "good try, but not good enough". In the end, one car will improve, and the other probably won't. And I'm not betting on Colin, if you know what I mean...

Last edited:
No, cause Dodge only makes dreams on Gran Tursimo (shots fired)

How so, Porsche gave plenty of influx into Dauer and went as far as to utilize Joest(Porshce's team before Audi) as help and build road cars with them to make everything legal, it's due to this grand help that Porsche gave (due to a loop hole) that allowed them to win and more importantly have the name in the win due to it being Porsche pulling the strings.

TWR same thing, except this time they claimed it wasn't a factory effort, though they took sole ownership and branding in 98 of the car that won in 96 and 97, were the ones that funded the restructuring of the Jag and so on and put their powerplant in it and then helped TWR run it...not "factory" though.

At the end of the day Porsche made efforts to circumvent rules in these cases and still win without trying to seem full fledged similar things by them have been done, go ask Penske.

I don't 100% agree with wins like those carrying the same weight as a pure factory effort. The 16 or 17 number gets thrown around and the people just assume that all the victories were Porsche and nobody else.

To us, they may have nothing to show for it, but to them they have 24 hours of data and experience that they can use to make the car better. And that's all that matters at this point.

OMG!!!! Like a million times! Very thoughtful response.

Back