83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
Do we have any confirmation that Nissan will be running the rear wing at Le Mans, and if so, will it be on all of their cars? I'd expect them to do so, but stranger things have happened at sea.

Do we have any confirmation that Nissan will be running the rear wing at Le Mans, and if so, will it be on all of their cars? I'd expect them to do so, but stranger things have happened at sea.

I believe it has been said that whilst Nissan wanted the car to be wingless originally, and it can be, drivers are more confident with it on.

KCMG are teaming up with the D'Station Super GT squad to run the #49 Oreca 03 that currently sits on the reserve list http://www.kcmg.com.hk/?p=5247.

Looks rather nice in these colours I have to admit
CGEb0rmWIAAyggO.jpg
I thought for a split-second that the car was a ESM team car. :lol: But jokes aside, it looks rather pleasing in my eyes, and it'll be interesting to see how will this "Hybrid" (as in two different teams running the same car) team perform.

Another look.

Interesting that the rear wing (which originally was not going to be on the car but drivers requested it) is obviously a "add on" part - it isn't part of the car which clearly has the full rear bodywork on.
Having seen the car on day 1 of it rolling, it's had the rear wing the whole time. I assume it's separate so that it's easily changeable in an accident.

Well, they ran something on Twitter a few months back inviting people to have their usernames put on a car for Le Mans, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

I want a P1 team in the next couple of years to take the plunge.

Back