83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
B00Z0238.jpg

Like the chameleon it is, the ByKolles is now grey for Le Mans. Looks nice.
If it would be as quick as it's beautiful, it could win Le Mans with ease.
Porsche and Audi 3:20!
Sick.

Rebellion no slouch on straights, as are these red Japanese things.

11391406_451996298307567_3394490938992121303_n.jpg

Say what you will about the Nissan's reliability, but you can't deny that they aren't snails when it comes to overall top speed.

Also, is the CLM ByKolles' car? If it is, it has done the impossible and be slower than the fastest LMP2 (SARD's Morgan). Ouch.

Say what you will about the Nissan's reliability, but you can't deny that they aren't snails when it comes to overall top speed.

Also, is the CLM ByKolles' car? If it is, it has done the impossible and be slower than the fastest LMP2 (SARD's Morgan). Ouch.

I'll be fair on CLMByKodewaLotus though, and say that Morgan must have had a low aero trim to be that fast in relation to other P2's.. Nissan also had traffic and as aforementioned, Porsche are not trying :P

I'll be fair on CLMByKodewaLotus though, and say that Morgan must have had a low aero trim to be that fast in relation to other P2's.. Nissan also had traffic and as aforementioned, Porsche are not trying :P

Porsche may not need to try, if they have a constant good pace for the race. Nissan will probably be hampered by reliability issues (a la Dome S102, also infamous for being the fastest car in Le Mans when it ran there but eventually fell apart as the race progressed). Toyota? Not good nor bad, and that might actually be a bad sign for them...

And speaking of Dome, Strakka not getting that high of a top speed... I just hope they can do better come race time. :nervous:

Toyota to best sectors of the session.
Sec 1- +.816
Sec 2- +2.369
Sec 3- +2.093

:boggled:

Traffic bear in mind. 63 cars on track for test day as well, granted not all at once but it disguises pace. Teams often don't try at Test Day properly... I remember Audi last year only doing 170 on Mulsanne...

Traffic bear in mind. 63 cars on track for test day as well, granted not all at once but it disguises pace. Teams often don't try at Test Day properly... I remember Audi last year only doing 170 on Mulsanne...
True but they are slower than TP1 last year.

It's not even practice. It's an open test. I'd actually be more shocked if a team set out to do full quali shakedowns on the first day.

So wait @TDZdave was right and Nissan did have an illegal car and everyone who said it was legal was wrong? Is he getting an apologie?
Yeah, I'm SURE of all the things possibly illegal on the car he had the mirrors in mind, but continued to make vague statements and not share it with us.

So wait @TDZdave was right and Nissan did have an illegal car and everyone who said it was legal was wrong? Is he getting an apologie?

Errr no. Nothing "illegal" in composition or build, Scrutineers felt that they didn't offer enough rear visibility. Last I checked there is no measure for rear visibility so technically no regulation was violated.

Errr no. Nothing "illegal" in composition or build, Scrutineers felt that they didn't offer enough rear visibility. Last I checked there is no measure for rear visibility so technically no regulation was violated.

Rear view mirrors

Two rear view mirrors (one each side) must provide an efficient vision to the rear.

The Scrutineers must be assured through a practical demonstration that the driver, seated normally, can clearly see the vehicles following him.
To this end, the driver will be asked to identify letters or figures, 15 cm high and 10 cm wide, displayed at random on boards placed behind the car according to the following instructions :

- Height : Between 40 cm and 100 cm from the ground.
- Width : 2 m one side or the other from the centreline of

the car.
- Position : 10 m behind the centreline of the rear axle of the

car.

Minimum area : 100 cm2 for each mirror.

They must have a day/night mode. A film may be added on the mirror.

Rear view mirrors

Two rear view mirrors (one each side) must provide an efficient vision to the rear.

The Scrutineers must be assured through a practical demonstration that the driver, seated normally, can clearly see the vehicles following him.
To this end, the driver will be asked to identify letters or figures, 15 cm high and 10 cm wide, displayed at random on boards placed behind the car according to the following instructions :

- Height : Between 40 cm and 100 cm from the ground.
- Width : 2 m one side or the other from the centreline of

the car.
- Position : 10 m behind the centreline of the rear axle of the

car.

Minimum area : 100 cm2 for each mirror.

They must have a day/night mode. A film may be added on the mirror.

And this is the very first time the car has been in front of the organisers of any kind, it also says "at random".

And this is the very first time the car has been in front of the organisers of any kind, it also says "at random".

There are some words around "at random" that are pretty important to understand what they mean. The way I read your post is almost like you mean the whole thing is at random.

But there is a rule which measures rear visibility so kinda proves your post wrong.

Are we really arguing over the car being "illegal" over something stupid simple like rear view mirrors?

Some people grasping at straws I think.

It's just getting old. That's what these test sessions are for, find problems and fix them. And this was a very minor problem which shouldn't be an issue. It was pointed out and I'm sure they fixed it. Case closed.

Nissan and Toyota were fastest in speed traps at the test.

1. #23 Nissan @336.0kmh
2. #1 Toyota @334.9kmh
3. #2 Toyota @333.9kmh
3. #22 Nissan @333.9kmh

I think it is interesting because Nissan werent trying to set fast times. Stayed off curbs and werent passing traffic in the turns. Toyota #1 set their top speed coming into pits. Toyota #2 set their top speed on lap 31 in practice 2 in the wet.

Back