85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
To be honest it'd be nice to see Aston win GTE-Pro, as it could be one the Vantage's last races/years. Either way, would be nice to see, but I'm still rooting for Ford :D.

So, since I only just purchased my yearly pass to the WEC coverage for the 24 --- what was today's qualifying that I just missed? Was this the "prove you can drive" qualifying or something else? I always forget how LeMans does it.

So, since I only just purchased my yearly pass to the WEC coverage for the 24 --- what was today's qualifying that I just missed? Was this the "prove you can drive" qualifying or something else? I always forget how LeMans does it.
Compusary night laps for all the drivers and traditional pole session. (Cool air helps the turbo and soft tyres) someone might go faster today but maybe not either.

I think it is about LMP1; Only 2 teams battling for the win not counting byKolles because they have so far struggled to keep the LMP2 pace. But only 2 Teams in LMP1 does not mean it will be a bad or boring race, just remember Audi vs Peugeot 2011.
yes it does... would you pay to watch a 24 hour race with 5 cars and a couple of added back markers? TG for the rest of the field.

The le mans commentary headed by Alan McNish brought up the point that the Ford's tires might be the problem as well as their getting unoffically smacked for last year's horrendous BOP . The combination being insurmountable. But keep the faith the BOP committee will Screw the pooch yet again... and ruin another race.
Would it not be better to have each manufacturer donate one car for prerace bop testing...no wait...that wouldn't be political enough for the 🤬 ACO.... and way way too scientific :D

The le mans commentary headed by Alan McNish brought up the point that the Ford's tires might be the problem as well as their getting unoffically smacked for last year's horrendous BOP . The combination being insurmountable. But keep the faith the BOP committee will Screw the pooch yet again... and ruin another race.
Would it not be better to have each manufacturer donate one car for prerace bop testing...no wait...that wouldn't be political enough for the 🤬 ACO.... and way way too scientific :D
Or... build the cars in accordance with the regulations and no waivers. It's way out there I know but well...

Before I get ahead of myself, let us remember we have TWO more Qualifying sessions today.

Also done something I have done every year, and changed avatar to show who i'm supporting for the race, any of you guys doing that? :P

Panoz has unveiled their potential future entry into Garage 56...and good lord is it uglier than sin.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/panoz-unveils-all-electric-garage-56-contender/

GT-EV-race-car-battery-768x512.jpg

Why didn't they put the cockpit in the middle..
Probably more efficient for the cooling. Look at the enormous louvre vent right over the battery pack. There may not be sufficient space to funnel air when there are 34zillion AA batteries in the way.

I would love to see the battery pack being changed. Hopefully the car makes it to a race.

Don't forget LM cars are supposed to be LHD or RHD. Which is why there has rarely ever been a central seated car, except mayne the McLaren F1?

That's...unique, just a shame they couldn't do that and somehow make it attractive. And Panoz made an attractive car...once. The batmobile was fantastic looking.

I just kinda realized something.

Either Porsche will complete a three-peat, or Toyota will finally get an outright win this year, both scenarios are possible with Audi withdrawn.

I'm both excited, and a little bummed for some odd reason.

Well, it's Jalopnik, but this is not brilliant news on the eve of the 24. Porsche have been evaluating an exit of LMP1, and there are quite a few signs pointing towards an exit being real.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/there-are-rumors-of-porsche-quitting-le-mans-now-1796108464
I really wish Jalopnik was doing another 24 hour party at their HQ. It was even sponsored by Porsche and there was the then new top model Panamera outside with a representative. You couldn't drive them of course but they let you sit in them and inspect every inch. I thought she was just a pretty girl to have by the cars but she actually knew a crap-ton of info about the car and then some.

I just kinda realized something.

Either Porsche will complete a three-peat, or Toyota will finally get an outright win this year, both scenarios are possible with Audi withdrawn.

I'm both excited, and a little bummed for some odd reason.
Perhaps all LMP1-H will encounter issues and fail to finish, leaving ByKolles to take the win and LMP2 to fill the remainder of the podium. Wonder what odds I'd get on that?

Back