85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Ah, Corvette is leading GTE. Screw it, I'm just hoping ford Ford maintains 3rd at this point.

That's what I'm hoping for, sort of accepted that a win for the #67 is a bit of a stretch, but it could be a dark horse in the GTE-Pro battle, but podium looks very likely. Otherwise, I'd love the #97 to get the win ahead of that 'Vette, but still some time left to go.

For those lamenting the Toyotas, remember they're likely going to score 36 points for the season...so as far as seasonal performance goes they're only losing a bit out to Porsche. The LeMans portion though...well, yeah.

Actually thats gonna be 4 points for the Toyota. The P1 and P2 cars are grouped together on the point scoring table. It's weird, but the Fox broadcast talked about it a lot earlier.

Tyres for the Ford. Smart move. Every GTE car that pitted ahead of it needs a splash to get to the flag. Corvette and Aston Martin pit. Close.

Gotta love faux sports, running a puff piece about Corvette racing will the battle for the lead in GTE-Pro is taking place live and missing it.:boggled:

Imagine if this was year 3 of the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo programme...
That was something I was musing to myself yesterday actually. What if Nissan went (more conventional/got the backing to pursue the design) and VW never had it's emission scandal. We'd be talking about a 12 car deep P1 field, all with a chance to win this year. Oh well, next time we get a shot at that will likely be nice the hydrogen engine comes around. A lot of manufacturers seem interested in that.

Imagine if this was year 3 of the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo programme...

Hoping for them to come back though. They are quite successful back in early 90's era of WSPC. But after that failure back in 2015, they have to back to drawing board imo (or maybe they wait for new gen GT-R to showed up)

And there goes your third placed car. Or at least a massive chunk of its advantage to the Rebellion. Fight for the podium back on... Except it isn't because the Alpine's pitted.

Last year was between Ferrari and Ford. Now its Aston Martin and Chevrolet.

This is what i like about Le Mans. The outcome is unpredictable.
Wait. Must added that Porsche, Ferrari, and Ford are on the same lap.

Whole GT-Pro Package.

3rd Place crashed btw.

Back