888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
That way we can take the non-GTP drivers online and give them a run for their money in a car that they would never dream of driving because they don't know how to tune.:crazy:

Ha ha, that's what I call amateur hour. When i get home at around 4 pm (pacific standard time) I get to play with some first timers - which is about the only time I can get first place. I give them some motivation and wait for them when they wipe-out, let them pass, tail 'em for the next lap, and see if I can pass them for the final. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't but more importantly I get to show the newer guys some racing etiquette ( like giving way on the straights, slowing down letting them pass when i run them off)

Review for Opel Tuned 350z on Suzuka PP600

10/10

This car is very easy and fun to drive. It also is very easy to maintain a line with this car and it handles any turn with ease. I also find that the car is very stable when its in battles with other cars and it gives clio drivers a run for their money. My times have also had a very noticeable decrease. A very nice and playable tune, nothing but Aces.

Thanks 888 Tuning.

I like the idea of doing cars that people don't usually drive. That way we can take the non-GTP drivers online and give them a run for their money in a car that they would never dream of driving because they don't know how to tune.:crazy:

I have to say I agree with ofspunk7 here. Im a fan of taking something that is not so common at the race track and making it fast. This is probably the reason I have stayed away from the Clio and the Elise cars as tuning options.

However I have provided some details around the clio in the past and its a very worthy car, and that alone is probably why its so popular amongst the punters and thats probably the reason we love to hate it.

I have to say I agree with ofspunk7 here. Im a fan of taking something that is not so common at the race track and making it fast.

As Mr. Miyagi would say, " to avoid punch, no be there":):):) and the clio provides just that. It's solid enough to stand up to punters, fast enough to stay away from punters, and accelerates well enough to catch up when punted.👍👍👍

How about this for that "not so common", the Acura RSX. This was a car that was great in surviving the first part of the game but was quickly traded in for a better car. Surprisingly, I saw this in a couple of races in Suzuka. (used by JDMforever i think) and it was able to hang around to finish top 3.
I've tried fiddling with this rice burner but couldn't figure out how to get good acceleration to top speed balance. I would greatly appreciate a tune for this under dog.

Requesting for the Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07 / Suzuka/ PP700

thx.

Hi mate,

Im assuming this is for STD physics in the online racing ? Lets hold off till thursday and see what new races we have and then I will tackle it for you.
I did spent an hour on this car in the 750PP class this week and have got it pretty well nailed... but what a tough tough car to sort !!

How about this for that "not so common", the Acura RSX. This was a car that was great in surviving the first part of the game but was quickly traded in for a better car. Surprisingly, I saw this in a couple of races in Suzuka. (used by JDMforever i think) and it was able to hang around to finish top 3.
I've tried fiddling with this rice burner but couldn't figure out how to get good acceleration to top speed balance. I would greatly appreciate a tune for this under dog.

ofspunk7 has really sorted this car out and has a sweet tune indeed, but I had a message last night in GT5P news saying our races would be updated on 22nd (tomorrow) so at this stage we wont spend time tuning for a race class that may disappear in 2 days... :) Lets see what we end up with and then watch the frantic tuning houses try to keep up with the demand :)

Used ofspunk7's setup and the lap time was very similar compared to my setup but the car was very loose and needed counter steering when exiting corners. However, it helped to broaden the understanding of my setup and here is the result.

HP= +4
WEIGHT= 87
R3, R3
20, 35

PP750 SUZUKA, MINE'S GTR

Ride Height = -10, -12
Spring Rate= 6, 4
Damper= 5, 3
Toe= -0.19, +0.01
Camber= 0, 0
Brake Balance= 10, 10
Max Turning ANgle=30
Traction = off
ABS= 4
Gear RAtio
1st=3.240
2nd=2.090
3rd=1.535
4th=1.246
5th=1.040
6th=0.875
final=3.761

ofspunk7 first contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in his setup and I was very impressed by his approach in lending a helping hand to fellow GTP members. So thank you very much to ofspunk7 and the whole tuner family at GTP.

Since everyone is trying to claim their little special car I have one more car request for you please! I am really fond of the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 can please pm me a setup for the Suzuka pp700 Thanks!

Since everyone is trying to claim their little special car I have one more car request for you please! I am really fond of the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 can please pm me a setup for the Suzuka pp700 Thanks!

You'd probably be a lot better off having it tuned for PP600/650.....

We used to have online PP650 events, and thats the best PP level (I think for the Speed Six, because it can go a bit over 600 but no where near 700.)
I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a return of 650 events again.

Also, the events online are PP750, not 700.

Basically, all Im saying is its best to have the car setup for PP600 and then just upgrading the power or whatever if you want to use it in PP700/750.

Hi 888 tuning

I am wondering if you could help me with a car wich can win the S7 and S10 events for me.

Could you help me with a setup for the Nissan GTR, and or Ford GT Lm spec II test car.

Used ofspunk7's setup and the lap time was very similar compared to my setup but the car was very loose and needed counter steering when exiting corners. However, it helped to broaden the understanding of my setup and here is the result.

HP= +4
WEIGHT= 87
R3, R3
20, 35

PP750 SUZUKA, MINE'S GTR

Ride Height = -10, -12
Spring Rate= 6, 4
Damper= 5, 3
Toe= -0.19, +0.01
Camber= 0, 0
Brake Balance= 10, 10
Max Turning ANgle=30
Traction = off
ABS= 4
Gear RAtio
1st=3.240
2nd=2.090
3rd=1.535
4th=1.246
5th=1.040
6th=0.875
final=3.761

ofspunk7 first contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in his setup and I was very impressed by his approach in lending a helping hand to fellow GTP members. So thank you very much to ofspunk7 and the whole tuner family at GTP.

can't wait to try it out myself. 888 is all about helping the fellow GTP racers:tup:

Edit: I guess I should add that I like a little slip on my AWD cars. It allows me to take the corners a bit tighter. I will let you know what I think about the changes.

I'm having a really hard time beating S1 one right now. I have tried using the NSX, and the M3 but no luck. It seems like the cars are not even near fast enough. Do you think you could please choose a car you believe would be best for this race and give me a good enough tuning setup to finally beat this event?

I'm having a really hard time beating S1 one right now. I have tried using the NSX, and the M3 but no luck. It seems like the cars are not even near fast enough. Do you think you could please choose a car you believe would be best for this race and give me a good enough tuning setup to finally beat this event?

Hi Noah,

Im working on this same problem for one of my more special customers and believe I have the car and tune to do it...
* that still means the driver has to be capable!! :)

I cannot PM you so can you please send me a PM and i will shoot the settings for your new F430 through.

Hi 888 tuning

I am wondering if you could help me with a car wich can win the S7 and S10 events for me.

Could you help me with a setup for the Nissan GTR, and or Ford GT Lm spec II test car.

Hi Klondike,

I have a good base tune for the GT LM and the GTR. I will shoot one of them through for you a little later on today, can you tell me if you are using STD or PRO physics for these races.

Regs,
888 Tuning

Ha ha, that's what I call amateur hour. When i get home at around 4 pm (pacific standard time) I get to play with some first timers - which is about the only time I can get first place. I give them some motivation and wait for them when they wipe-out, let them pass, tail 'em for the next lap, and see if I can pass them for the final. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't but more importantly I get to show the newer guys some racing etiquette ( like giving way on the straights, slowing down letting them pass when i run them off)

Rock on.... I love it. Sometimes I find myself slowing down after I have a huge lead and waiting for them when they bail on the second s turn. It is more fun to race behind them and take them 3 or 4 times in the race. I makes me race better.

However I have provided some details around the clio in the past and its a very worthy car, and that alone is probably why its so popular amongst the punters and thats probably the reason we love to hate it.

Agreed. It is a great car and that is why so many people drive it.

Requesting for the Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07 / Suzuka/ PP700

Oh... I like this request. Love the Skylines. I just did the Mines and I wanted to work on this one next for personal use. I hope we get a higher PP with the online update so this car can show its true colors. It might be the new GT-R (old GT-R) for Suzuka. Once the update goes through this car will be tuned.

was wondering if i could get a fast tune for Eiger, 750 for my Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II '02. I just like the car and want a fast tune for it. Not much of a tuner myself.

Hey guys,

This is just a little tip for 888 fans (until everyone else reads my thread:) )I worked out an have not seen anyone else doing.
This really becomes relevant now that we have standing start races at Suzuka.

Adjusting Traction control on the fly with a PS3 controller:
Go into Options
Change Button Assignments
Scroll down to the Down button on the D-Pad and set this to (RA Function) Menu -- This will bring the in race menus up, and turn them off again.
Scroll down to L3 (the dot in the middle of the left stick) and set to (RA Function) Adjust -
Scroll over to R3 and set to (RA Function) Adjust +
*** this lets you increase/ decrease Traction Control using L3/R3 while racing.. from 0 to max.

Scroll to the "Pink Square" button and set to (RA Function) Select -
Scroll to the "Red 0" and set to (RA Function) Select +

These two buttons are less used but will scroll through the other setable options like ASM etc... :)

Again use the L3 / R3 buttons to adjust values up and down.

So on the grid of Suzuka in your firebreathing 888 GT LM Spec II.. for the standing start, hit the Down Arrow.. click a few clicks of R3 to get some traction control for the launch..
Once racing you can click L3 to reduce and remove...

Another first for 888 Tuning making you a better racer.. (until everyone else reads this lol)

Hey guys,

This is just a little tip for 888 fans (until everyone else reads my thread:) )I worked out an have not seen anyone else doing.

Go into Options
Scroll down to the Down button on the D-Pad and set this to (RA Function) Menu -- This will bring the in race menus up, and turn them off again.
Scroll down to L3 (the dot in the middle of the left stick) and set to (RA Function) Adjust -
*** this lets you increase/ decrease Traction Control using L3/R3 while racing.. from 0 to max.

These two buttons are less used but will scroll through the other setable options like ASM etc... :)

So on the grid of Suzuka in your firebreathing 888 GT LM Spec II.. for the standing start, hit the Down Arrow.. click a few clicks of R3 to get some traction control for the launch..

Another first for 888 Tuning making you a better racer.. (until everyone else reads this lol)

👍 great find

Funny you should mention that, I had already thought of it but have been struggling to get the button assignments right, its such a shame that you can only assign driving actions to the analogue sticks, if not, you could have the whole quick tune menu in just one stick, press to open and close, up and down to scroll through the options, and left and right to increase and decrease. This would especially be great for people that use the normal pad to steer such as myself, if you use the analogue you can do exactly this on the normal pad.

At the moment I have L3 to open and close the menu, up and down on the pad to go through the options and L2 and R2 to decrease or increase settings. This way you can keep the accelerator/brake/hand brake/reverse functions on the four right hand side buttons.

Also just went to check out the new online events, seems most of them have crapy tyres restrictions :( and some of them have standing starts which will probably be interesting. No mention of anything to do with the Nissan GT academy though, wonder when it starts and when and where we should register.

Hey guys,

Go into Options

Thank for the tip, might have to check that out myself. It doesn't distract you and make you hit people does it? Say you get a better launch than the person in front?

Hi Noah,

Im working on this same problem for one of my more special customers and believe I have the car and tune to do it...
* that still means the driver has to be capable!! :)

I cannot PM you so can you please send me a PM and i will shoot the settings for your new F430 through.

Hi Klondike,

I have a good base tune for the GT LM and the GTR. I will shoot one of them through for you a little later on today, can you tell me if you are using STD or PRO physics for these races.

Regs,
888 Tuning

Hello again 888 Tuning
Thanks for your fast reply :)
I am driving standard with the sisaxis controller, as I dont have room for a wheel setup yet. Also if it is not to much to ask could you send me both setups for GTR, and the Ford test car. I have been trying to beat S7 and S10 with both these cars, but not much luck yet.

Thank for the tip, might have to check that out myself. It doesn't distract you and make you hit people does it? Say you get a better launch than the person in front?

Standing start's are all about avoiding the person in front. If they pull away then abort the planned overtake, not vice versa. :sly:

Hey man thanks a bunch for the F430 setup. It's amazing, I got gold very easily on S1 in only 3 tries (standard physics), but I know I could have got it with pro with a little practice. Anyways keep up the good work. You definitely have talent.

Where exactly are these tunes posted? I have read through this entire thread and don't see the F430 or the A8.

Yeah, he had to pm them to me for some reason. If you need anything though just ask him and he will most likely pm you a setup.

Hi All and welcome to 888 Tuning

I have been around tuning cars since the days of GT1, however this has mainly been providing custom tunes for close friends and have stayed out of the mainstream market.

With GT5 I see a new opportunity to grow our services and help develop a whole new breed of racer.

Our ethic here at 888 Tuning is not to provide bulk tunes to the entire market, but to provide a custom personal tune to suit your needs.

The key to winning races is not just your ability to drive fast, but to have a car that is capable of taking you to the podium time and time again.
To make sure you do this, any tune we provide will be sent to you in private and not made public. We aim to give you the competitve edge needed to win races and will work with you to fine tune your car as needed.

To the other Tuning houses out there, I see this as a chance to grow this market and really bring the importance of a good tune to every day racing.

I also see this as a step towards a Tuners Challenge if people are willing to get on board and provide us the opportunity to really bring out the best in your car.

So lets get this baby rolling... I see a lot of interest in the 600 and 700 point sector and especially for Suzuka. This is a very technical track where a good tune can be worth more than a few seconds per lap.

If your looking for some lost time in your laps, tell me what your need.
Car / Track / PP
If you have a setup that is ok but not quite feeling 100%, feel free to shoot it through and I'd be happy to work on sorting out your current car settings.

You didn't read close enough by the looks of it :sly:

Where exactly are these tunes posted? I have read through this entire thread and don't see the F430 or the A8.

Hi Guerro,

The guys have hit the nail on the head.. The reason most of the guys here are chasing a tune is for online racing. i hope that what I provide can give you an advantage of the guy next to you on the start grid. For this reason I dont publish all my tunes to the free domain, which also protects against those who are just here to troll for setups :)

If there is something you need, just let me know.

Regs,
888 Tuning

Hey guys,

I am just finishing off this car and will have the race tune published shortly. A few of the 888 regulars are already testing this and have given some feedback which we will check out and update this post when finalised....

The 888 Tuning Viper SRT/10 PP600
srt10%20viper10.jpg

****** TUNE UPDATED ***** If your using the 888 Racing Tune please make sure you check the new gear settings !!!!!!

Fuji PP600
Power -8
Weight 104
Tires S2 / S2
Ride Height -17 / -20
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.15 / +0.19
Camber 1.3 / 1.8
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split NA
Steering Angle 37
Traction Off
ABS 1
1st 2.308
2nd 1.709
3rd 1.264
4th 1.028
5th 0.833
6th 0.596
Final Gear: 3.273

Thanks to Wayne for the big tip on the gears. Some definite time to be made up there.

Hey guys,

I am just finishing off this car and will have the race tune published shortly. A few of the 888 regulars are already testing this and have given some feedback which we will check out and update this post when finalised....

The 888 Tuning Viper SRT/10 PP600
srt10%20viper10.jpg

It was fun to race this one.... great way to get back to Fuji. This will be a good showdown!

Back