888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
I'm just about ready to start a thread in the GT5:P Race Events forum. What we'll do is, make it strictly our 2 cars in each event (whatever those cars may be at the time). We'll post links to our own garage where the tune is posted and set a time for a race. The racers (probably us included) can declare which car they'll be using for the event i the thread. Then we go and have a race flooded with our tunes. I don't think we could do it too often. If we do it only occasionlly then people will likely pounce on the chance to represent one of our garages at each one, and be a part of the tuner showdowns.👍 I say forget time trial, we'll have proper races. I considered colour coding our cars. i.e. Telling everyone to buy my car in red and yours in blue (red vs blue, get it?:P) But then who are we o dictate what colour they buy their cars in?

Sounds good to me! All we need is a tunerslobby and a save replay option 👍

;-)

I'm just about ready to start a thread in the GT5:P Race Events forum. What we'll do is, make it strictly our 2 cars in each event (whatever those cars may be at the time). We'll post links to our own garage where the tune is posted and set a time for a race. The racers (probably us included) can declare which car they'll be using for the event i the thread. Then we go and have a race flooded with our tunes. I don't think we could do it too often. If we do it only occasionlly then people will likely pounce on the chance to represent one of our garages at each one, and be a part of the tuner showdowns.👍 I say forget time trial, we'll have proper races. I considered colour coding our cars. i.e. Telling everyone to buy my car in red and yours in blue (red vs blue, get it?:P) But then who are we o dictate what colour they buy their cars in?

Sounds good, theres nothing wrong with using colours to signify different teams, thats how they used to do it in the old days anyway (e.g. Green for Great Britain, Red for Italy, White for Japan, Silver for Germany, Blue for France, White/Blue stripes for America, etc).

Yep works for me... only problem is everyone knows Red goes faster, thats not too fair for one of us :D

after waiting for a while i have my setup for my S2000.

ofspunk7 sent it to me after he told me 888 would have a look at it..

well after trying out several things i input this new 888 tuning tune.

and OHH MY GOD

the S2000 is stable and very quick and a joy to drive. i wondered about putting the TC up to 6 but man this means you can be sure to plant it and the car catches up very very quickly..and virtually no overstear it grips and goes.

THANKYOU 888 Tuning i can now be sure to compete.

would highly recomend these guys.

Darren

Hi 888.
Any setups you got for the s classes would be gratefully received. I can't tune for c*** and have just started. I don't race online and have no intention of doing so. I just don't have the time. GT4 taking too much on the scrooge approach. Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

Hi 888.
Any setups you got for the s classes would be gratefully received. I can't tune for c*** and have just started. I don't race online and have no intention of doing so. I just don't have the time. GT4 taking too much on the scrooge approach. Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

Happy to help my friend. I started a S-Class thread for people you that need some tunes. I have about half of the S-Class cars needed to win on the thread. Try them out and make sure to write a review. I am sure if you want something custom 888 can tell you what needs to be done.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106277

Hey guys

I'm desperate for a tune for the F40 at suzuka to complete S-6! The best I've managed on my own is 7th place and the car feels terrible. Doesn't seem to handle at all, and doesn't even feel fast! I've only got s-6,s-7 and s-10 to go but cannot get anywhere near first place in the f40 at suzuka!

PLEASE HELP!

after waiting for a while i have my setup for my S2000.

ofspunk7 sent it to me after he told me 888 would have a look at it..

well after trying out several things i input this new 888 tuning tune.

and OHH MY GOD

the S2000 is stable and very quick and a joy to drive. i wondered about putting the TC up to 6 but man this means you can be sure to plant it and the car catches up very very quickly..and virtually no overstear it grips and goes.

THANKYOU 888 Tuning i can now be sure to compete.

would highly recomend these guys.

Darren

Thanks for the feedback Darren ofspunk7 put some work into getting that one just right !! :) its a sweet tune for sure !!

Dezz I have an F40 tuned for Suzkua ready to go but cant PM you ?? I think you need to have a few more posts appreoved or something before the mods allow this.. as soon as you are able, PM me and I will shoot it through :)

thanks for the quick reply 888, but I managed to pass that race just after I posted asking for help :P I only came 3rd, but I just wanted to pass it so I'm happy with that!

I'm onto s-7 now and using the GT LM as reccomended by a few on here, struggling so far as it doesn't seem to grip too well, so if you could post some settings up in here for that, that'd be awesome!

Thanks for the feedback Darren ofspunk7 put some work into getting that one just right !! :) its a sweet tune for sure !!

that is not a problem for the first time i have been challenging for the lead in races on Suzuka 750PP.. and finally got my lap times down to 2.03 which i think is pretty quick although it isnt as quick as some of you guys i have probably done only 50 laps of Suzuka in total..

this car is sure footed and very quick..

thankyou so much 888

darren

that is not a problem for the first time i have been challenging for the lead in races on Suzuka 750PP.. and finally got my lap times down to 2.03 which i think is pretty quick although it isnt as quick as some of you guys i have probably done only 50 laps of Suzuka in total..

this car is sure footed and very quick..

thankyou so much 888

darren

Yeah theres a bunch of people in this site that can drive like heck. :scared:

i know and the trouble is trying to keep up with them..

i think my next purchase is a seat and the G25 to make full use of all the features.

darren

Sounds good, theres nothing wrong with using colours to signify different teams, thats how they used to do it in the old days anyway (e.g. Green for Great Britain, Red for Italy, White for Japan, Silver for Germany, Blue for France, White/Blue stripes for America, etc).

Red for Holden, Blue for Ford is the way it happens down here.

Yep works for me... only problem is everyone knows Red goes faster, thats not too fair for one of us :D

So you admit Holdens are faster?:P

I'll say, damn fast drivers showing me up all the time.

Red for Holden, Blue for Ford is the way it happens down here.

Off topic, but I always did like the Holden Commodores in the V8 Supercars, I especially like them in the Castrol colours (a childhood thing).
The best touring car championship I ever watched though were the 1995-1999 ToCA BTCC ones. That was the only time Ive seen it not be completely dominated by one or two teams.

Off topic, but I always did like the Holden Commodores in the V8 Supercars, I especially like them in the Castrol colours (a childhood thing).
The best touring car championship I ever watched though were the 1995-1999 ToCA BTCC ones. That was the only time Ive seen it not be completely dominated by one or two teams.

V8 Supercars are normally dominated by at least 5 teams or more.

The last comment was about the BTCC, not the V8 Supercars ;)

Anyway, whats happening with the tuner challenge?

Woops, I guess I shouldn't post past midnight.

I could go and post the thread right now in Racing Events. 888 just asked me today if we were doing the stock Suzuki or Tuned one. I told him stock one but he had tuned the Tuned one, so his setup may be a day or 2 off yet. And I have to post my setup up in TLD too.

Edit: Garage show down thread is posted, no replys yet :(

Since you are are a FORD GUY(YA). Could you find time to tune the FORD GT LM for me? I like Suzuka better than HSR. That would be for the 750PP racing. And know rush with it, i know you are racing Holden! Good luck to both of you!!

888%20swift.JPG

Here it is guys, fresh out of the workshop.
Drawing on the technology from its racing heritage this car is setup to go fast (well as fast as such a wussy car can go) :)

Team 888 drivers take the keys to this little pocket rocket and go show those TLD boys what it takes to win races !!!!!

Suzuki Swft Sport - 888 Tuned
Suzuka PP500
Power +40
Weight 88
Tires R2 / R2
Aero na
Ride Height -40 / -40
Spring 6F 4R
Damper 7F 4R
Toe -0.22 / -0.15
Camber 2.1 / 1.5
Brakes 4 / 4
Torque Split n/a
Steering Angle 45
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.711
2nd 1.860
3rd 1.358
4th 1.065
5th 0.880
6th na
Final Gear: 4.339

For the course of this first race this tune will need to remain unchanged, however if you have feedback, either good or bad let me know so we can take it on board for the next round of racing.

Good luck and may the best driver/tuner/car win !!!!

Regs,
888 Tuning

Hi 888 Tuning. I registered here because of this thread.

I've just got into S class and frankly do not have a clue how to tune and in fact am just about ready to give up. I bought the the two tuned Lotus's to drive on pp630 or S1 but it's like driving on ice to me, the fun is seriously waning, lol.

I tried the F430 and got round and only managed 14th, I'm not looking to blow everyone out the water but just have a good race and hopefully pick up third.

I'm not sure if you want a challenge m8 but if you do I'm it! I use Auto gears and just want a car that won't spin out no matter what I try. I'd love to drive any of the Lotuses, I am sure I have a NSX as well so I'm open to suggestions of what car to try, and if you can help on the tuning front it would be most appreciated.

Hey, I need some help tuning my Mine's BNR34 for Suzuka..Can you help me? I'm pretty good everywhere except the S's ..I completely suck at that part of the track. Can you help me?

I would love to quick tune my Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe for the High speed ring if you please.
I love this car and really want to get the best out of it :)

Hey 888,

I want teh ability for you to set up my car when I email you the car/race PP etc. Can I pay you like $5 month on paypal to have this option?

Thanks,

Hey 888 Tuning, great tune on the Ford GT LM! I made a few laps of Suzuka, and ran a best 2:06 for me! Very nice tune, the only thing i did was change 5th and 6th gear. Just needed alittle more top end! Thanks for the tune!

Hey 888,

I want teh ability for you to set up my car when I email you the car/race PP etc. Can I pay you like $5 month on paypal to have this option?

Thanks,
Welcome to GTPlanet, luxurynick.

Do enough search, practice more, and you won't have to pay anything. Paying to be better at a video game...have you forgotten that leisure time is about having fun?

Back