888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
It might be a handy suggestion to 888 Tuning to include some sort of list in your first post containing links to all the (excellent 👍) tunes you've made so far? I use all his tunes I can find but they're not too easy to dig up ... :dopey:

It might be a handy suggestion to 888 Tuning to include some sort of list in your first post containing links to all the (excellent 👍) tunes you've made so far? I use all his tunes I can find but they're not too easy to dig up ... :dopey:

Pay 1st page a visit, everything you need is already there.

888, thanks for another great Tune for the FORD GT LM. I've been using your setup in online battles and I was surprised at how stable this car is! I can finally catch up to the Amuse's. (which i'll take advantage of for now until TLD revises the tune:):)) Right now, I'm doing 2'04s with it but i'm pretty sure I can get it down with a bit more practice!

👍👍:tup:Again, thanks so much for your efforts!!👍👍👍

It's funny how being in the "industry" has lead me to know the answer to that question.;) But I aint tellin' :P

Haha, I suppose it has become a little market of its own, hasn't it? I too also get some insider knowledge on things and I too will not tell :P

Edit: Rather than double post.....

Hey, 888, is it alright if I link your Ford GT LM tune in my Cup event thread? Just asking first in case.

Hehe as long as we dont see leaked spy pics ;)

Ardius, More than happy for you to link to the GT LM.. go nuts !

I kind of hope that in the full GT5 there will be a feature that when you go into "Free Run" in online mode anyone else doing Free Run on that same track will be there too. Then we really could get spy photos of cars as we test them.;)

That would be a sick idea. I can imagine something like that or a trak day with 16 people just in free run style or time attack

Wouldn't work IMO.

Simply because if your testing a car, its a sure bet that, with 16 cars on track, you wont find a piece of track clear enough for a full lap or several to get a correct evaluation. Everything would be comprimised, brake points, turn in, throttle application, especially with cars with a difference in HP. Imagine a something like a Viper closing down on a Honda civic? Good as it would be, I dont think that sort of thing would work.

Leave it as it is I say

You can have good indication of what I'm working at already, after some Free Run action I always take a new tune out to the 'real' online races to see how it handles out there, especially during weird moves and getting punted. I'm pretty sure the other tuners do the same. :)

Wouldn't work IMO.

Simply because if your testing a car, its a sure bet that, with 16 cars on track, you wont find a piece of track clear enough for a full lap or several to get a correct evaluation. Everything would be comprimised, brake points, turn in, throttle application, especially with cars with a difference in HP. Imagine a something like a Viper closing down on a Honda civic? Good as it would be, I dont think that sort of thing would work.

Leave it as it is I say

This is true. Once the full game comes you should also have an offline Free Run to do your real testing. Either that, or just make it as a special Nurburgring only feature. 16 cars on that track means you'll have a good 30sec to the car in front of you. Might be a good way to see how your car reacts in a battle if you find one too without going into a real race and finding your car is hard to control or something when you get in a battle and accidentally mess up someone's race.(Unlikely, but possible)

You can have good indication of what I'm working at already, after some Free Run action I always take a new tune out to the 'real' online races to see how it handles out there, especially during weird moves and getting punted. I'm pretty sure the other tuners do the same. :)

Yes I do do the same.;)

You guys could always use different accounts (transfering saves) during your testing period so you get no unwanted 'spyshots'. :P

I would quite welcome spy shots LOL. It would show people still care about my garage.;)

If GT5 includes a good selection of body mods and custom paint jobs (Camo paint anyone?), photoshoot (photomode) could be interesting snapping pictures of tuner test cars. :D

Sounds like a fun side game.

If GT5 includes a good selection of body mods and custom paint jobs (Camo paint anyone?), photoshoot (photomode) could be interesting snapping pictures of tuner test cars. :D

Sounds like a fun side game.

Maybe not body mods, but +1 otherwise.:dopey:

When I said body mods I mean to increase performance (Aero, widebody, wheels etc), much like the GT tuned cars recieved but to your discretion.

For those who dont know, Trevor Wilkinson passed away today. Trevor was the founder of TVR.

This tune is a tribute to the man who started it all for TVR.

The car is tuned for 600PP at Suzuka and whilst much smoother to drive than the standard, it still retains the qualities that made the TVR a love/hate relationship.
This is a real "drivers" car and not one for the less experienced.

speed6.jpg

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 - Trevor Wilkinson Tribute model
Suzuka PP600
Power 0
Weight 85
Tires S2 / S2
Aero na
Ride Height -22 / -22
Spring 5 / 6
Damper 6 / 6
Toe -0.10 / +0.18
Camber 1.3 / 1.8
Brakes 5 / 4
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 48
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.550
2nd 1.892
3rd 1.366
4th 1.044
5th 0.836
Final: 4.486

Enjoy this car, and whilst you do, take a minute to remember the man behind the name TreVoR.

I know....it's a sad day. Just bought another TVR in GT5P in black this time around so that I could use your tune and also pay a tribute to the man himself. He passed away but he left a mark forever "TVR" and this will be remembered FOREVER.

For those who dont know, Trevor Wilkinson passed away today. Trevor was the founder of TVR.

This tune is a tribute to the man who started it all for TVR.

The car is tuned for 600PP at Suzuka and whilst much smoother to drive than the standard, it still retains the qualities that made the TVR a love/hate relationship.
This is a real "drivers" car and not one for the less experienced.

*A great setup I am sure*

Enjoy this car, and whilst you do, take a minute to remember the man behind the name TreVoR.

A TVR with ABS? Blasphemy !

:P

RIP Trevor :(

Hi Mate,

Indeed it is possible.

Check your PM !

Regs,

Thanks m8. I actually had a go last night but I'm not as talented as you guys. As soon as my replacement PS3 comes on hitting this track with this tune. Thank You for taking the time.

First post, been reading around for a couple weeks now... been working on S-10

interested in tunes for the gtlm, mine's, tuned evo x, and amuse, perhaps even tuned z06. i use standard settings, and i like the AWD because i HATE spinning out. I like to brake hard into turns, then accelerate fast out of them. ive noticed though that the z06 behaves well. I also have a wheel, if that makes a difference. and, of course, i'm limited to r1 tires.

regards,
Kris

if I cant receive PMs, my email is kjusnes@gmail.com

Boy that was fun 888. The DB9 is a lot of fun. The only problem I have is accelerating on the sweeping curves at Suzuka. I don't slam my foot down I try to feed it in but either I spin or I'm too slow.

I'm ok everywhere else, for me anyway, lol. Tight bends and straights are great it's just the sweeping curves both the left one and right one I tend to get all wrong. I tend to come out a tight bend then put some gentle acceleration in I'm fine but then I add more then I'm off. Any ideas?

Seems that this car has drawn a lot of attention lately with a few tuning houses working on a secret weapon.
888 is no different and for the past week I have been spending a lot of time with this car with the number one goal to crack the 2:00 min barrier at Suzuka and it has been tuned with this in mind.

So here is your chance for glory and the title of the first to crack that elusive 2:00 barrier (personally I believe this car is capable of 1:58's)

gtlm_gt5-copy.jpg

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP750
Power -16
Weight 85
Tires R3 / R3
Aero 17 / 35
Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686
Final Gear: 5.000

Please let me know how you go, the car is brutally quick and needs a steady hand, but it will reward you with some blisteringly fast lap times.

This tune will replace the current GT LM Tune published in this thread.

Regs,
888 Tuning

1.59.511 after 3 laps :sly:

Good tune while a little understeering on fast curbs a little lack on brakes and for me the 5 gearbox works better and is faster than your 6 one.

I have a 5 gearbox on another tune and mine is faster & smoother ;)

Sorry mate :nervous:

First lap 2.00.5xx
Second lap 2.00.2xx
Third lap 1.59.511

But I'm not the best @ Suzuka... I'm sure this car can do a low 1.58 and even better :sly:

Back