8MB Memory card corrupted by GT4

• Thread starter chickmag
  • 140 comments
I don't think that auto save is the problem because i have mine turned on and i had the game for 2 weeks and been playing whenever i get free time and I haven't gotten the corrupted data messade yet.

I haven't had the problem, but You guys are talking about autosave and the old PS2's.
What do you guys call an old PS2? cause then i also gotta turn autosave off, if mine is older...
I don't wanna lose my GT4-data again (i accidently turned my PS2 off while it was autosaving..)
grtzz..

well Its a good job im not using the auto save faeture, it was one of the first things i turned off, but im using two old ps2's (first models one at uni and one at home), and im usin a flash drive to save images, but so far no problems, I think its all down to the amount of times the card is accessed in a session, over use will ultimately kill the card or save because i think that GT4 acceses this card all the time due to memory reasons on the ps2 so saving will confuse ps2 and corrup the save and maybe the card.

Yeah i think u have used the Ultimate Cheats Disc you can buy from stores.
with all the codes on 1 disc for a single game.
i use it for GTA:SA , it never corrupted it but i see where it can go wrong with GT4.

I've had auto save turned on since I got the game & no corruption yet. My PS2 is a silver V9 or 10 & I've used a Crucial Memory stick for a few photos. I've done backups of my save every now & again though to be on the safe side.

Although I might try disabling autosave to see if it reduces loading times, I always save before I turn off the PS2 anyway.

I've seen people (friends of mine) have this kind of problem with many games... not just GT4.

The culprit in other instances: Not removing your memory card from the slot before powering down the PS2, and having your memory card inserted in the slot when you power on the PS2.

I think Sony addresses this possibility in either the PS2 owners manual or the literature included with the memory card.

Remove the card from the slot when you turn the system off, and wait for the system to power on before putting the card back in.

Mine just died. Turned it off last night after the autosave icon went away, turned it on tonight, "Game data corrupted" message.

I have a second MC where I keep a copy of the save. GUESS WHAT I HAD JUST DONE BEFORE STARTING GT4?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

I have used a USB stick for photos, but not in the last couple of weeks.

My PS2 is 1st-generation.

I would be interested in finding out how much free space is on these MCs when the data corrupts. Mine is down to 1826KB free. Maybe it needs a certain amount of "scratch pad" space for a good save??

wfooshee
Mine just died. Turned it off last night after the autosave icon went away, turned it on tonight, "Game data corrupted" message.

I have a second MC where I keep a copy of the save. GUESS WHAT I HAD JUST DONE BEFORE STARTING GT4?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

I have used a USB stick for photos, but not in the last couple of weeks.

My PS2 is 1st-generation.

I would be interested in finding out how much free space is on these MCs when the data corrupts. Mine is down to 1826KB free. Maybe it needs a certain amount of "scratch pad" space for a good save??

Follow-up: Nothing else on the memory card was broken. Several replays from GT4 and GT3, and a GT3 save, some other stuff. Everything else good, not a memory card problem.

My memory card became corrupt after I tried to mess around with 2 cards at once. I have been on GT4 for a while and tried selling all my cars to buy a really good one. I tried to do this without my memeory card in and when I tried to re-use it...it was dead! You can still transfer old files off the original card onto a new one...expensive option.

guys, i know how to reformat your card without buying anything (kinda)....

GRAN TURISMO 3!!!

use the 'file manager' and delete the corrupt data, for some reason it bypasses the fact it is corrupt and just deletes it....

magneticman
guys, i know how to reformat your card without buying anything (kinda)....

GRAN TURISMO 3!!!

use the 'file manager' and delete the corrupt data, for some reason it bypasses the fact it is corrupt and just deletes it....

Or just use the PS2's built-in browser, by picking "browser" when it starts up. . . :sly:

wfooshee
Or just use the PS2's built-in browser, by picking "browser" when it starts up. . . :sly:

But sometimes with corrupted data, the PS2's browser will not let you into a memory card to delete the bad data, hence the reason why you'd need to use GT3.

I accidently turned mine off while autosaving. Is there no way to get the data back because I was more than 50% complete and I'm pissed. I guess I'm starting over. 👎 :grumpy: 👎 :grumpy: 👎 :grumpy: :guilty:

WHAT A BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE ****. I AM ABOUT READY TO THROW THE GAME IN THE DUMPSTER.

My card got corrupted, for absolutely no reason today. I was about 50% complete, about 5 million dollars 30 days away from buying all the black LMP cards. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

I AM SUPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR PISSED. I just can't believe it. Not to mention the fact that I spent the whole day beating most of the really races.

GARBAGE!

Indyxc
WHAT A BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE ****. I AM ABOUT READY TO THROW THE GAME IN THE DUMPSTER.

My card got corrupted, for absolutely no reason today. I was about 50% complete, about 5 million dollars 30 days away from buying all the black LMP cards. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

I AM SUPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR PISSED. I just can't believe it. Not to mention the fact that I spent the whole day beating most of the really races.

GARBAGE!
I was on the same boat as you last week. My data got corrupted for no reason at all. I was about 30% and saved up enough money to buy all 4 black cars due in about 60 days... then bam! "Loaded Failed. Do you want to retry" :ouch:

This maybe a blessing in disguise! I got so pissed that I didn't want to restart all over... so I went out bought my first cheat device ever. Now I have all 4 black secret cars, all arcade tracks opened, all gold licences, $1 billion, 1 black F1 (from 100% completion), and several F1 in different colours! My percentage is 0%, haha!!! I think I'll leave it at 0% and re-do all the races manually without any more cheats, but at least now I can do it in style.

If my data never got corrupted, I wouldn't have bought a cheat device. I bought Codebreaker... it was well worth US$20. Anyone want to buy my black F1 for a cool $6.5 million!? Who wants my gamesave?

After losing my 50% completion, a crap load of money and cars, and being almost to the point where the magical LMP Black Cars appear, I started over. I was so pissed I almost had a brain anyurism. For anyone who is also having to start over it does suck, but it seems to go by a lot faster. I lost mine a few days ago and I'm already back up to 30%.

ive not had any problems with autosave or pendrives. i do get a 'memory card not inserted' message now and again as my ps2 is pretty old.

and thaleppes:

Old ps2: Launch up to silver Ps2 release i'd say, since theyve not been around that long.

We need a poll or something and for everyone to tell us;
1. How old their PS2 is
2. Whether they use a USB thingy for photos etc
3. Whether they use a cheating device
4. Whether they had AutoSave on or off
5. Whether they exit out to the main menu before resetting the console
6. Whether they reset/took memory cards out of the PS2 while it was saving/loading

And whatever else is needed.

I'm too scared to load up the game now. :( 👎 :scared: :mad: :irked: :nervous: :grumpy:

Mustang-man
We need a poll or something and for everyone to tell us;
1. How old their PS2 is
2. Whether they use a USB thingy for photos etc
3. Whether they use a cheating device
4. Whether they had AutoSave on or off
5. Whether they exit out to the main menu before resetting the console
6. Whether they reset/took memory cards out of the PS2 while it was saving/loading

And whatever else is needed.

I'm too scared to load up the game now. :( 👎 :scared: :mad: :irked: :nervous: :grumpy:

I know, im scared also. I have a new PStwo and I have a memory card thats 4 years old. I have autosave on and I havnt had a problem yet, all these stories make me worry though. Im currently playing through God of War and everytime I want to play GT4, I back up my GoW save to my other card.

Well, I've been playing quite a bit now. I'm back around 35%. The game does go a lot faster the 2nd time around (it seems). Plus I able to use the right cars for max A-spec points in the races. This time I also got a 2nd memory card, back up the game every time I am done playing.

Indyxc

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!
Put in your GT3 cd and on the main screen where you select arcade mode, simulation mode, options etc..... scroll down until you see something like file operation or something like that(cant remeber) and yeh just copy or delete from there...... 👍

Ok, this isn't cool, a month's work is gone over a corrupted memory card. I had the S license and it was kinda hard to get. On one of the threads a guy said that he fixed his by using a max drive to format his mc. What does that mean? and how do I do it?
Seriously this is not cool

Ok ive had no problems thus far but am worried too hehe, I had a brainfart thoe, might seem stupid but sometimes with old mc's the connections can screw up a bit, happens to my friend alot, just try put some pressure on the memory by pushing it in a bit and then try load it up. Its happened to me a bunch of times, i know its probably not the problem but worth a shot i guess! :)

Yo,

my brother just came back from a 3 day trip to the Nordschleife.

So, we hooked up the ps2 to our flat screen tv to drive the nordschleife, were waiting all excited to race each other (we always have close races). Anyways then we the screen turn up with the sentence "game corrupted".

you know what, GT4, **** YOU. I read through this topic and luckily found out that my other game saved stuff is alright (thank god San andreads aint broken!).

My brother just played this morning and now it suddenly didnt work. He said he didnt turn it off while it was autosaving.

man, frustrating, very!!!!

i have two memory cards, and every now and then i copy my data to my other card to back it up. im decently over halfway, and if i were to lose my data now, i would probably just sell my game out of frustration.

cfusionpm
i have two memory cards, and every now and then i copy my data to my other card to back it up. im decently over halfway, and if i were to lose my data now, i would probably just sell my game out of frustration.

yeah, thats a very good idea.

I was thinking of buying a second memory because I didnt have enough space on my other one, but also to save some games double just to make sure.

But Im always too late with this kinda stuff, I always think "Oh, Ill buy it tomorrow"..... 👎

Back