8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Peter.
Hardly practiced Korea. Need to win something for once, though.

Yeah, this track is horribly boring, and I avoid it at almost all costs. I'll be cheering for you to win also, so that Baumi won't get too far ahead in the championship after this week, which he might :nervous:

jcm
Yeah, this track is horribly boring, and I avoid it at almost all costs. I'll be cheering for you to win also, so that Baumi won't get too far ahead in the championship after this week, which he might :nervous:

I dislike korea as well^^

I think it's a pretty fun track, more a driver's track than a track that produces the best racing. It does have decent overtaking opportunities, though. When I setup a lobby last night, literally no one joined. :lol:

jcm

Korea? Man...Hermann Tilke outdid himself there. Worst track he ever designed.

Peter.
You mean Valencia. Valencia makes Korea look like Istanbul.

How long til race start?

The fast part of Valencia feels fun to drive, though the rest is pretty boring. Every part of Korea is boring! I especially hate the braking for the 3rd corner. Long, boring straight, then break hard for the corner. Brake too early lose a few tenths, brake too late lose a couple seconds, lock up under braking run lose a couple seconds, and taking it perfectly is just so boring!

Now India, that's a fun track :) Next week's race will be fun :) This week's race will be miserable :(

And now I start practicing :) Annoyingly this is the 4th race out of the last 5 that I'll probably be using the driving line for.

Last edited:
Valencia is regarded as the hardest track to be fast around in F1 2011, but I just love the layout. Racing isn't too shabby, either. Especially when wet, it's a blast. Maybe we'll get rain in Korea today.

India is another favorite of mine, looking to sweep that one, too. :mischievous:

Congragulations to Baumi on the win, he's now got a 12point lead with 3 races to go :eek:

I'll post the rest later, but first I want to see if DavyBrownDog has anything to say, as he drove very strangely and nearly killed me and delimtri on the first lap. I don't know why he drove the way he did, but unless there is a very good explanation I'll trust the game's judgement and DSQ him.

I'm not sure where Pawel or BlacquesJacques were. And Bazylfox hasn't been here for the past 3 races, so I'm not sure if he's quit or busy with something else :(

Congrats to Peter on his 2nd pole, and to Baumi on his 7th win 👍

2nd time also that I've taken pole, and thrown it away. At Monza, it was incidents, and today it was tyre strategy.

I just totally forgot about it.
I use GTPlanet app daily on the iPad, and rarely visit it on PC, the damn thing has not wanted to sign me in for the past few days. So i must have missed the reminder. Still no excuse, just completely forgot i'm still racing. Since i've ceased all my GT5 online racing, i just want to finish this and move on.

PAWEL17
I just totally forgot about it.
I use GTPlanet app daily on the iPad, and rarely visit it on PC, the damn thing has not wanted to sign me in for the past few days. So i must have missed the reminder. Still no excuse, just completely forgot i'm still racing. Since i've ceased all my GT5 online racing, i just want to finish this and move on.

No worries :)

I'm very sorry guys for not showing up last weeks.
I've started my own business and had no free time sundays.
I got 6 months membership in iRacing and now i'm trying to race there instead of here.
Good luck with last races, i'm waiting for F12012 and maybe new season to race with you.

Alright, I haven't heard anything from DavyBrownDog so I am going to follow the in-game stewards and DSQ him from the results. Not much from me in terms of a race report, 2-stop strategy isn't quite possible, as I lost at least 5seconds on the final lap of each stint. Luckily for me, Peter also 2-stopped and I got 2nd place on my least favorite track :)

BlacqueJacques, no worries :) Sorry to hear that Bazylfox but it's okay, hopefully we'll race again in F1 2012 :)

Round 16: Korea

Qualifying:

1. Peter 1:31.244
2. jcm +0.005
3. Baumi +2.543
4. DavyBrownDog +6.073
5. delimitri +10.681
6. Jerry - DISC

Race:
1. Baumi 45:52.212 (1:32.652)
2. jcm +10.618
3. Peter +20.072
4. delimitri +3laps
5. Jerry - DISC

Drivers & Constructors Tables
New Standings

Drivers:
1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 280 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 268 points
3 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 190 points
4 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 181 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 150 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 106 points
7 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
8 - Peter. - Hispania Racing Team - 60points
9 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari/Marussia Virgin - 37 points
10 - socom_killer - Sahara Force India - 32 points
11 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
12 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
13 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 6 points
14 - DaveMay96 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points
15 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 4 points
16 - DaxCobra - Sahara Force India - 1 points
17 - neljack - Sahara Force India - 0 points

Teams:
1 - AT&T Williams - 371 points
2 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 300 points
3 - Team Lotus - 285 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 173 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 106 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
7 - Hispania Racing Team - 60 points
8 - Sahara Force India - 33 points
9 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
10 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points

PAWEL17
Heck, i didn't realize it before, but Williams just need 6th place to win the constructors.

Unless Jerry stays at Marussia, then you'll probably have to wait another race or two to clinch.

Couldn't sleep last night, and now I'm very tired, 12 hours after I tried to go to sleep. :grumpy: If I can't find some kind of instant coffee soon I might fall asleep during the race :eek:

After a ridiculous spin in the opening lap. I was surprised to be able to keep pace with the leaders after my first pitstop. And it turned into a awesome 3 way fight for 2nd place, me and JCM running out of fuel in the last 2 laps. Thankfully, The stewards weren't too impressed with Baumi's corner cutting, so they gave me 2nd place!

An excellent drive by Peter to get the win, who is now fighting to be the best driver of the last 7 races.
And congratulations to Jacques and myself for bringing in the Constructors trophy for Sir Frank Williams. Time to celebrate.

And with two races to go, JCM needs to win both to win the championship.
And for Baumi, he only needs to finish 2nd twice to clinch the title.
And i've pretty much taken out 3rd place in is season. Safe to say.

Round 17: India

Man I wish we had qualifying bonus points! I got my 9th pole of the year, and threw it away again :banghead: Me, Peter, and Baumi had pretty equal pace, with Pawel just slightly behind, though more consistent. Used too much fuel in the first stint, and never save fuel enough. Peter got in front with help from DRS, and on lap8 he broke very early for second to last corner. I didn't react in time, and touched his car lightly, sending me into a spin. 6s back of Peter and Baumi. I never really worked back the time, and I also didn't save fuel, which meant that with 1 1/2 laps to go I ran out, and crawled back to the finish. Baumi got a penalty for corner-cutting, and that put Pawel into 2nd, with Peter taking the win.

Congrats to Peter on his first win of the season, and good luck to him in his own 'final 7' championship (counting only the races he's been in). As for the other championships, Assuming no miracles happen, Williams have won the constructors title, so congrats to both Pawel and BlacquesJacques. In the drivers championship, I'm remembering all the stupid things which cost me points, espicially the British GP. Baumi can clinch with finishing 2nd at both races, even if I get 2 wins! Oh well, it's not over yet :)

Qualifying
1. jcm 1:20.700
2. Peter +0.402
3. Baumi +0.710
4. Pawel +0.842

Race
1. Peter 42:44.290
2. Pawel +16.757
3. Baumi +23.670
4. jcm +1:18.511 (1:21.783)

Drivers & Constructors Tables
New Standings

Drivers:
1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 295 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 280 points
3 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 208 points
4 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 181 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 150 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 106 points
7 - Peter. - Hispania Racing Team - 85 points
8 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points
9 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari/Marussia Virgin - 37 points
10 - socom_killer - Sahara Force India - 32 points
11 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
12 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
13 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 6 points
14 - DaveMay96 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points
15 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 4 points
16 - DaxCobra - Sahara Force India - 1 points
17 - neljack - Sahara Force India - 0 points

Teams:
1 - AT&T Williams - 389 points
2 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 315 points
3 - Team Lotus - 297 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 173 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 106 points
6 - Hispania Racing Team - 85 points
7 - Red Bull Racing - 68 points

8 - Sahara Force India - 33 points
9 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 20 points
10 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - 4 points

Last edited:
In qualifying, I managed a 1:21.2 on Primes, and had to abort my first lap on Options, which would have probably put me on pole. Second lap was only a tenth faster than the prime lap, which was a bit of a waste of race strategy. I remained in 2nd. Traded 90% Primes for 90% Options.

:( I just did my 100% first race at Abu Dhabi. Had a 2m 30s lead over 2nd on the last lap, braked too late and got a disqualified, despite not gaining an advantage and not getting a single penalty! Stupid stewards :grumpy:

I really hope they improve the AI for next year.

Also, I just noticed that the Race of Champions starts a half hour before our series, so we should probably delay Round 18 by 1 hour - unless most people don't want to do both races and would rather postpone Round 18 by a week.

Last edited:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgroBnVffNPXdDlHMFozUVd1N0ZJbUc1ZWp6TWRoSGc

I hope this works. I put into a spreadsheet, so you can see how the year has gone by. I didn't add Fastest Laps, because i didn't have data for some of the races at the start of the season. Also, if you find an error, tell me.

I Highlighted the Fastest Laps times in red. from what times i have been able to gather, if people know the fastest laps for each race. tell me so i can add them.
And Pole Position for each Race is in Bold and Underlined.

Last edited:
PAWEL17
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgroBnVffNPXdDlHMFozUVd1N0ZJbUc1ZWp6TWRoSGc

I hope this works. I put into a spreadsheet, so you can see how the year has gone by. I didn't add Fastest Laps, because i didn't have data for some of the races at the start of the season. Also, if you find an error, tell me.

I Highlighted the Fastest Laps times in red. from what times i have been able to gather, if people know the fastest laps for each race. tell me so i can add them.
And Pole Position for each Race is in Bold and Underlined.

Looks good 👍

I'll be back when a new season starts; I will be racing in the other F1 event on the 22nd.

Well done PAWEL17 👍; Sir Frank Williams should be offering us a sweet deal for next season :)

PAWEL17
So i'm guessing the same group as last week then? Shall we drive with AI?

We might have 1 or 2 more. No AI! In a 50% percent practice race I lapped everyone with 5laps to go, I won by at least 1m 40s. They are way too slow here, and they don't move over very well.

Back