90's DTM- FINISHED

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 2,928 comments

What shall we do about tyre wear?

• Total voters
Yesterday´s lag was maybe my fault.
I did my normal routine (clear cache, delete Cookies and Router reset) but my Sister was with her Notebook connected too (via wlan) (normally she is not online that late)
=> Maybe I was the cause of the lag.

In addition I was in the Lobby with my main account and not with my GTP-Account
I´m trying to get a Merc for my 2nd Account just incase lag appears again from my side.
But the majority knows this from FGTC :D

@Sandman: My Internet doesn´t like you although I do <3 :D

€dit:
I like the Suggestion to drop the Astra. I tested it yesterday after the DF Race and its way to smooth to drive. 1:13.782 as my best of 3 Laps.
And I acomplished this without Wheelspin/drift etc.

And the rest of your Suggestions are ok. I read that mic´s make the Lobby worse => banning them is fine.
But don´t limit the Drivers.
If everyone is connected through wire and does the "Routine" everybody has a good connection.
But it is a bit weaker due to Nations (USA, Brazil, Portugal, England and Germany (did I forget someone?)).
Just my 2 cents.

If im reading this right King i have a Merc TC knocking about if you need it happy to send on.💡👍

Johnboy- I dont think you can send them mate :( hope I am wrong!

Everyone- What about 2 divisions of max 12 each? Same specs etc.
We eliminate the astra and the 12 player rule takes care of the lag.

All we need is a willing and capable host to run the other room, investigate complaints and post the results on here so I can copy them into the OP. I have had 2 more people wanting to join so that makes 17, I am sure we could get more too :)
Let me know what you think and put your name forward if you can host (must have wired connection).

I love the idea. I am sure I once suggested that and got bleeted at for suggesting it by you :lol:

I think you are making that up! Anyway ill see what the others think and if they like it ill get it going on the OP. Qualifying for division or voluntary?

Nope I suggested it for the FGTC, i remember it or has your old man brain failed you once again ;)

You did for the FGTC, what has that got to do with touring cars you nugget. Why dont you post something useful???

Last edited:
Much better, anyway. If anyone has any problems with 2 divisions let me know!
We need someone who can host a room to volunteer too, I will put myself forward for division 2 as I am not that fast.
I reckon bottom 4 get relegated at the end of the season (which we can shorten if you like) and the top 4 in div 2 go up.

I need to know from the merc lads if they want more hp if they are using turbos, we could up it but only if merc lads think it will be ok for them?

How about you change whos in each division inbetween rounds based on how many championship points they have?
So, first round - random
Second round - top 12 drivers go into div 1, bottom 12 go into div 2.
That way if someone fast gets put into division 2 they arent stuck there winning all the races. Plus if you put 5 fast drivers in div 2 then one of them would have to wait 2 seasons to go up to div 1.
Just a thought, I can think of lots of different ways you could do it, like quali times, fastest 12 go into div 1, slowest 12 go into div 2 (div 1 could then have more points on offer than div 2, would mean swapping rooms though after quali which could get a bit complicated). Or total time taken for each person to complete the 2 races in the last round, as long as its the same regulations for each division.

Oh yeh, I like the two division idea, was just saying that we should mix up the divisions during a season instead of at the end of it like you were suggesting, I get a bit carried away with my explanations sometimes :D

So we need someone to host the other division. You will need to
a) set up the room correctly
b) run the race
c) if there is a complaint, look at it and issue a penalty
d) post the results on here

Easy :D

Also we need to decide if we want a mandatory pit or tyre wear off.

Last edited:
Ok thats cool mate 👍

Hoping someone will offer to host so I can split the leagues!

Last edited:
Mandatory Pitstops, because without tire wear everything becomes kind of boring.

Tire wear on 👍

However, not sure about mandatory pit stop, for 15 lap races, almost all of races will be just 1 stop for everyone, a little boring. It should be more interesting to have different drivers on different strategies.

Since the new update the 4x4 cars cant do 15 laps on racing hards. I dont want pit stops but without them or tyre wear off there wont be any competition as the mercs will win every race :(

Last edited:
Everyone check out OP, if everyone listed are still interested ill go recruiting for a few more drivers, we need to decide when the qualifying is :D

Ellis - depends how you drive it, if you dont kick the back end round they last quite a while but you lose a good 2 seconds a lap, but if you do they wear out quite fast but you go quicker, round autumn ring yesterday my tires were gone after 8 laps but I was going 2 seconds a lap faster than people in M3s and Astras :)

Berty just an idea. Forget Dtm cars, astra, M3, A4 or TT are to fast!!!
I do DTM Champ for 3 seasons and we can't put Calibra, Alfas and Merc in same place then the others!!!! So my idea is; lets duet a Touring Cars Champ or 4WD champ.

Cars...

FTO Super Touring Car
Calibra Touring Car '94
IMPREZA Super Touring Car
155 2.5 V6 TI '93
190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 ?? Just for Touring cars Champ

What you guys Think??

Spurgey-I could choose to race with the pack for 6 laps and then pull over or lap 5 seconds slower and stay till the end.

Pipi- We tried the Impreza last night and it was pretty good, the astra has been dumped too. We could try the FTO sometime too. In the meantime we need to sort some qualifying out, I think everyone does some hotlapping in my lounge and the top 8 goes into division 1 and the bottom 9 goes into div 2.

Awesome chaps, start a lounge and test them at different PP levels/400 bhp/440 bhp
ill be on later, I got to pop out. If you know anyone that wants to join this send them a message, ill start recruiting to fill the remaining 6 places tonight.
Whenever you guys are in my lounge ill get you to run your quali times and record them on here 👍

I ran the 4wd cars, all stock, racing hards, at 400bhp round deep forest:
Alfa- 1.14.398
Cally-1.14.508
FTO-1.13.549
Impreza-1.14.663

The FTO is too fast round this track, it has a lot more grip

I tested the oldschool DTM´s with 400bhp / 295kw for all => Merc stock with oil-change and the others detuned with the Powerlimiter (also stock with oil-change) to the specs.
And they where totally competitive.
I could do same Laptimes with each Car (+- 0.2 seconds due to quick setup´s)

=> You have 4 Cars (VX Cally, Opel Cally, Alfa and Merc) => 16 possible drivers or 12 if we say VX and Opel are the same.

A modern Racer/DTM will dominate if it´s added.
M3 is way to quick/smooth same goes for the Astra/CLK/A4/TT and the other mentioned Cars.

I would suggest to just run with the old DTM´s.
2 Divisions sound good.
Problem: Who goes in the Divisions for the first race ?? How can we split the field in a honorable way ??

Between the races it´s easy:
Result of the first Race-Day (the 2 race-times combined) will decide which driver stays D1 and who goes down/up.
[R1+R2 = Race-Day 1] => last 4 go down. Same is done with D2 and the 4 best go up.

&#8364;dit:
Due to the different weights the Cars have we could do following: 1060kg is the VX Cally

=> set the room to 1060kg and 400bhp => all cars have same weight and same power.

Ok, we could run three cars with 12 per division keeping the old DTMs.
I suggest getting the TC guys to run hotlaps in my lounge whenever I see them before xmas to qualify for leagues because its going to be hard to get them all together at this time of year.
If I run the Div 2 room could you run the Div 1 room Sak?

I also decided to test the 4WD cars from the DLC to see how they compared on the same specs:
Lancer evolution X TC-1.16.871
Impreza TC-1.16.277
Skyline GT-R R32 TC-1.15.643
Skyline GT-R R34 TC-1.14.956

For some reason the brand new touring cars with better chassis' suspensions etc are 2 seconds a lap slower that the Alfa and Cally which are 20 years old :confused: the new ones are heavier, but i thought the more advanced tech would have made up for that
I know we wouldnt have used these cars anyway, i was just interested

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back