90's DTM- FINISHED

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 2,928 comments

What shall we do about tyre wear?

• Total voters
I was thinking about adding weight after race 1. So like the top 3 have an extra 50kg, while the last 3 have an extra 30bhp? Then going into the next round the top 3 have 50kg extra, and then the last 3 have an extra 30bhp. Make racing more fun in my opinion. Bit like the BTCC

Its a nice idea, we could do it. We would normally reverse the race order however for the 2nd race.

The lag was intense on that race. And I think that the modifications that Berty is sugesting are good and it will make everything more competitive. The Astras are way too fast for the championship. And one last thing: Is anyone going to record the replays and make something like a Highlights video? If not I can do that.

Rename the championship to "low PP DTM's so the A4 can be included which is much more competitive with these cars.

Zenzow- That would be great, thanks for that. Do you agree with all the changes I suggested? It would mean some kind of qualifying procedure or a one off event to decide who is in etc. the astra is way too fast though.

Ellis- We could try the A4 I guess but I reckon it will be just like the astra tbh.

It is slower than the astra, It is heavier i think? But in all it is slower

Plus it has an engine noise that makes me spurge *cough* sorry splurge :sly:

Worth a test, what do we do about the lag though?

Voluntary redundancies then some kind of hotlapping event slowest out? What if I am not fast enough :lol:

I think after christmas we should do re-run the pre seasonal. I think its just because its Christmas, so everyone is on holiday. Plus the new DLC has come out. It should die down next week

Wrong, Christmas? Loads of people will be on it. I can see the servers being clogged up for some time like a toddlers nose

Zenzow- That would be great, thanks for that. Do you agree with all the changes I suggested? It would mean some kind of qualifying procedure or a one off event to decide who is in etc. the astra is way too fast though.

Yeah, I agree with all of them. I'm thinking that I may be eliminated by the qualifying procedure, but i'm okay with it. I will record the races we did tonight, i'm just waiting for my friend to return my Dazzle. And if anyone saved the replay from the Deep Forest race, can you please pass it to me?

I dont think you can share replays mate :(
I will ask for redundancies first if we go down the road of lowering the driver count.

Sandman, you are a martyr and a gentleman. A fine, proud, chivalrous hero amongst fools, if it comes to that I will forever remember your truly moving sacrifice!

(too much?)

Last edited:
Hey guys...

The lag was hectic man.

We run a championship with Lupos at the moment, and what we do is a formation lap to try get rid of lag. It works the same as real life. The pole sitter sets the pace upfront and everyone files in behind, no overtaking and no bumping. It works. Just up the race laps by 1 lap.

Also.... too many drivers as mentioned. Too much info for the room to cope with.

And wrt bhp limiting, why not restrict it with the PP setting. Its easy to control. The guys at the back get (lets say 5 - 10 extra pp). Lets say the pp is limited to 520PP, so all join the track with that setting, the host then changes it to 530pp and those 5 guys at the back join.

And pit stops are good, even open up tire choice, so you may have different drivers on different strategies.

Just suggesting...

We covered AAALLLL these ideas but they somehow never came to light :lol:

Don't be it needs to be said :lol: I agree with you on the whole formation lap thing :lol:

Yesterday´s lag was maybe my fault.
I did my normal routine (clear cache, delete Cookies and Router reset) but my Sister was with her Notebook connected too (via wlan) (normally she is not online that late)
=> Maybe I was the cause of the lag.

In addition I was in the Lobby with my main account and not with my GTP-Account
I´m trying to get a Merc for my 2nd Account just incase lag appears again from my side.
But the majority knows this from FGTC :D

@Sandman: My Internet doesn´t like you although I do <3 :D

&#8364;dit:
I like the Suggestion to drop the Astra. I tested it yesterday after the DF Race and its way to smooth to drive. 1:13.782 as my best of 3 Laps.
And I acomplished this without Wheelspin/drift etc.

And the rest of your Suggestions are ok. I read that mic´s make the Lobby worse => banning them is fine.
But don´t limit the Drivers.
If everyone is connected through wire and does the "Routine" everybody has a good connection.
But it is a bit weaker due to Nations (USA, Brazil, Portugal, England and Germany (did I forget someone?)).
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Driver- Formation lap is easiliy done, I didnt know it helped with lag. We tried the PP but not for individual cars, we will test this. Tough without mic's?
We keep the tyres as people have said the softs made the cars too easy but mandatory pit stop is in.

Sakery- I found the Astra much easier to drive too, we can try another car or drop it altogether. I wonder if everyone was wired? I always am after having bad lag when I tried wireless, maybe the xmas/DLC rush didnt help either :(

Yeah - Mics make a difference, we should have that off, good call.

Oh....who was the guy last night trying out for POP IDOL....lol

Those songbirds were a couple of foolish characters called Etid and Ellis, read his helpful posts (full of suggestions) #264 and #266

Back