90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
The atmosphere definitely dropped after the announcement. 'Meh' describes it pretty well!

And hopefully I'll be there next year. A GTP meetup would be such a good laugh!

It would. Get a custom gazebo so you can see us from the helicopter too :)

For me it depends on the whole money situation as I'm going with the parents to the Le Mans classic next year too.

Don't worry. I'm the same.

Apparently entry to the ground is cheap, but still; food, drink, solar panelled backpack (yes. Really). It'll all add up :(

Don't worry. I'm the same.

Apparently entry to the ground is cheap, but still; food, drink, solar panelled backpack (yes. Really). It'll all add up :(

I can't remember exact numbers but I know it's a lot cheaper than a Formula 1 race! Food and drink (especially beer) is expensive if you buy it from places in the circuit. A solar panelled backpack would be perfect for Le Mans.

They said on Eurosport that if you turn up on race day without a ticket, they'll sell you one on entry for £30. That's the best value for money you'll ever get on this earth.

They said on Eurosport that if you turn up on race day without a ticket, they'll sell you one on entry for £30. That's the best value for money you'll ever get on this earth.

Yep, the guys running the WEC and everyone involved with Le Mans seem to have everything just right. I honestly can't think of a championship that caters so well for the fans and produces such fantastic racing.

Really? That's £1.25 for a whole hour of racing!

Yep, the guys running the WEC and everyone involved with Le Mans seem to have everything just right. I honestly can't think of a championship that caters so well for the fans and produces such fantastic racing.

BTCC is just as good with arguably even better paddock access and its around the same price.

Hmmm, German's take two class wins, and the French take the others...

Then that means the American's will be storming the track in the next couple of years.

How cold it must've felt for Aston Martin to lose a man so early, let alone at all. RIP Allen.

As for the lengthy safety cars they did get annoying, but seeing that we just witnessed the first fatality on this circuit in over 20 years, I have a feeling the ACO became overly cautious just so another tragedy would not take place in the race.

Like others have said, I think the ACO will just erect temporary tire barriers for the next race.

Wow, look at that technique.
1053519_10151687010032668_2117849855_o.jpg

You know what they say, the P1/P2/GTE windshield wiper with the best technique ensures the win:sly:... That's if you ignore BOP in GTE *cough*

You know what they say, the P1/P2/GTE windshield wiper with the best technique ensures the win:sly:... That's if you ignore BOP in GTE *cough*
Next year according to BOP, this will be the only windshield cleaner allowed to Ferrari and Corvette.

220px-Schuurbanden.JPG

Aston and Porsche complained this year they had way too much visibility.

I've uploaded all of my photos to photobucket now. Link is in my signature. Would really appreciate it if you guys checked em' out!

Really moving photo above this post too. Hopefully something permanent will be put there.

Next year according to BOP, this will be the only windshield cleaner allowed to Ferrari and Corvette.

220px-Schuurbanden.JPG

Aston and Porsche complained this year they had way too much visibility.

They could have saved money and used a French vagabond that spit cleans windows with his dirt covered hands, and made the Ferrari's, Viper's and Vette's use that instead.

This photo was taken at Tetra Rouge yesterday, from motorsport.com :
s1_1.jpg

Speaking of which...it's almost been a week, does anyone know how the initial report is going? We still don't know how or why it happened or how to prevent it happening again.

Speaking of which...it's almost been a week, does anyone know how the initial report is going? We still don't know how or why it happened or how to prevent it happening again.

I'm pretty sure the sudden De-celleration caused his death. The cause of that being the tree directly behind the barrier. Simple solution being either move the barrier away from the trees there or get rid of the trees. I could be completely wrong though. Just my opinion.

I've heard that Allan might have tried to avoid, a Porsche Ferrari, I believe, and it was, apparently, recorded by a spectator... I'll see if the clip might be up on YouTube.

- It is on YouTube, but I'll avoid direct links to it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back