90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
Is there some way I can watch Eurosport's coverage? Martin Haven and Neville Hay are brilliant...

Heck, I'd be satisfied finding a world feed, and playing RLM over it.

I don`t know...
They proved to be a great threat to Audi last year...

That was a great battle between the leaders. It could have lasted longer had the accident between the other Toyota and Ferrari not occurred.

I still have that battle saved on my Sky recordings, I'll watch it every couple of weeks and it still puts a smile on my face.

Lots of drivers complained about the deltawing and its dark color plus small size being hard to see.

Is the Deltawing going to be at Le Mans this year?
I know it isn't the garage 56 project, but has it got someone else entering it?

That's such a shame! I was looking forward to see it. Love seeing new and different cars.

It's a shame there aren't any reserves for the garage 56 spot too.

Last edited:
Le Mans test day is Sunday 9th June. Audio only coverage is on Radio Le Mans.

8 AM until 4 PM UK time.

Caterham-badged Zytek to Le Mans.

936134_10200580050055655_1998205452_n.jpg

Also here is OAK's art car.

1128963_article_img_large2.jpg

Check out this graph image of Toyota's THS-R system
TOYOTA-HYBRID-System-Racing-1.jpg

The powertrain consists of a 530hp v8, 3.4litre, normally-aspirated*petrol engine combined with a 300hp hybrid system. Under braking, in the designated hybrid recovery zones, the system harvests energy which is converted into electricity by the Motor Generator Unit (MGU), located between engine and gearbox, within the gearbox housing. This electricity is transmitted, via a DENSO*inverter, into the NISSHINBO super capacitor storage device, sited next to the driver in the cockpit.*When the driver accelerates, the hybrid boost is delivered automatically for around three seconds, with the electricity travelling from the super capacitor, through the inverter and into the MGU, which adds the power to that of the petrol engine and transmits it to the rear wheels.

So test day tomorrow. OP updated.

7460_389134487872713_506888959_n.jpg

#4 audi, only a test car, for 2014 tyres. Note the rear aero.
603073_389121411207354_14256194_n.jpg

BMT4YdYCIAAskv-.jpg:large

Appears major front left damage, is that run down to Indianapolis judging by the run-off?

EDIT: This related? From twitter:

"Car 2 contact at MP19 - under investigation". What did he do at coming out of Tertre Rouge?

Track conditions are poor. Corvette 4:25 is fastest in GTE. Perrazini and several other have gone off at Dunlop, with conditions worsening.

EDIT 2:

BMT31qBCQAA0-il.jpg:large

Yes the 2 Audi crashed at Tertre Rouge, the driver (Loic Duval) was just on RLM saying that something came out of his peripheral and distracted him whilst he had two wheels on the wet kerb and then he's not sure what happened after that.

Last edited:
I like how the commentators are already saying if the race were dry then Toyota would not be able to catch the Audis.

Come on fellas we saw last year would could have been if those TS030s were reliable and had no accidents. And it's only the first test session. If it happens a few more times, then you should probably get antsy over the Toyota.

Back