90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
GTE PRO BOP-

Capture.JPG

Well, I don't think we'll miss much of the LM13, here, this year. EuroSport even sends the full week, from the 17th, which's a delightful surprise :D.

I know it's very early on, but is anyone looking like a winner, already?

Apparently Billy Johnson turned down his drive with Aston Martin in favour of a NASCAR Nationwide race with Roush at Road America.. Which I don't understand at all..

Mac K
Apparently Billy Johnson turned down his drive with Aston Martin in favour of a NASCAR Nationwide race with Roush at Road America.. Which I don't understand at all..

Probably because he drives for Roush in the continental tire sports car challenge and Roush will pay him more to drive the nationwide car.

cnd01
Probably because he drives for Roush in the continental tire sports car challenge and Roush will pay him more to drive the nationwide car.

But it's Le Mans! That's the point I'm trying to make I guess..

Jason Bright made sure he got permission to leave for Le Mans right after today's V8 race, should he get a podium finish.

It will be awesome to see five Astons on track this year. I'm also curious how fast the Vipers end up going down the Mulsanne. :crazy:

I really enjoy the Eurosport coverage, glad they're covering the entire thing again this year. They've got a good team of commentators together and they've always got something interesting to talk about. Especially when it falls into night, those guys keep you awake!

Missing the weekend this year as I'm away in Wales, with Internet doubtful and television non-existent sadly ... However I will try to follow from afar. I do think Toyota have a chance by dint of their enhanced economy, so long as they are roughly within a second a lap, especially given what happened to Dumas and McNish last year, it only takes a slight slip of concentration to change everything. Or a stray Ferrari :eek:

A full 24 hours of P1 competition would be nice, but as Furi has alluded to, guessing GT is where it will be interesting, Aston Martin have a decent shout of getting a deserved win.

Now to lurk and watch this thread for two weeks :lol:

I really enjoy the Eurosport coverage, glad they're covering the entire thing again this year. They've got a good team of commentators together and they've always got something interesting to talk about. Especially when it falls into night, those guys keep you awake!

Have they covered the full week before :embarrassed:?

I don't remember that, actually...

I know they've (almost) covered the full 24 hours of the race (apart from the commercials - good thing our national broadcaster broadcasts this too (commercial-free :D))... I guess I just haven't paid attention to the full week-broadcasts before now.

Sorry american viewers:

1002747_617015958309143_1554667006_n.jpg

Sorry? Thats the best its been in years. We get the first 5 hours of the race. Normally its only the first 2 or 3 hours and then 3-4 hours of NASCAR then the rest. Now we get 5 of the first critical hours, and then just a 2hour break before we see the rest to the finish.

Back