90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
  • 228,887 views
GTE PRO BOP-

Capture.JPG
 
Would anybody be interested in a Fantasy 24 Hours thread?
 
Well, I don't think we'll miss much of the LM13, here, this year. EuroSport even sends the full week, from the 17th, which's a delightful surprise :D.

I know it's very early on, but is anyone looking like a winner, already?
 
Would anybody be interested in a Fantasy 24 Hours thread?

If its like the one we had last year, then yes.
 
Last edited:
Apparently Billy Johnson turned down his drive with Aston Martin in favour of a NASCAR Nationwide race with Roush at Road America.. Which I don't understand at all..
 
Mac K
Apparently Billy Johnson turned down his drive with Aston Martin in favour of a NASCAR Nationwide race with Roush at Road America.. Which I don't understand at all..

Probably because he drives for Roush in the continental tire sports car challenge and Roush will pay him more to drive the nationwide car.
 
cnd01
Probably because he drives for Roush in the continental tire sports car challenge and Roush will pay him more to drive the nationwide car.

But it's Le Mans! That's the point I'm trying to make I guess..
 
If its like the one we had last year, then yes.
👍

The one we had last year was great, and I'm not just saying that because I did well in it. Maybe we could add single pole picks for each class, but I'd keep it much the same.
 
Mac K
But it's Le Mans! That's the point I'm trying to make I guess..

I'd take the Aston Martin ride no question.
 
Jason Bright made sure he got permission to leave for Le Mans right after today's V8 race, should he get a podium finish.
 
It will be awesome to see five Astons on track this year. I'm also curious how fast the Vipers end up going down the Mulsanne. :crazy:
 
Edit. Just made my annual one month subscription to the Eurosport Player for "The Greatest Race In The World" and I'm really looking forward to this. 👍

Is that geoblocked? I'd love to get Eurosport coverage, even paying for it
 
hawkeye122
Is that geoblocked? I'd love to get Eurosport coverage, even paying for it

How much is it?
 
👍
The one we had last year was great, and I'm not just saying that because I did well in it.

I remember, but I did better. :sly:
 
Is that geoblocked? I'd love to get Eurosport coverage, even paying for it
I'm not sure, but I think so.
How much is it?
The official Danish Android-app states you can get one month for DKK 49,- (equals to about £6), but I'm not sure if that's all over 👍.
 
I really enjoy the Eurosport coverage, glad they're covering the entire thing again this year. They've got a good team of commentators together and they've always got something interesting to talk about. Especially when it falls into night, those guys keep you awake!
 
Well this time next week it'll all be over... Kinda sucks looking at it that way!
 
Missing the weekend this year as I'm away in Wales, with Internet doubtful and television non-existent sadly ... However I will try to follow from afar. I do think Toyota have a chance by dint of their enhanced economy, so long as they are roughly within a second a lap, especially given what happened to Dumas and McNish last year, it only takes a slight slip of concentration to change everything. Or a stray Ferrari :eek:

A full 24 hours of P1 competition would be nice, but as Furi has alluded to, guessing GT is where it will be interesting, Aston Martin have a decent shout of getting a deserved win.

Now to lurk and watch this thread for two weeks :lol:
 
I really enjoy the Eurosport coverage, glad they're covering the entire thing again this year. They've got a good team of commentators together and they've always got something interesting to talk about. Especially when it falls into night, those guys keep you awake!

Have they covered the full week before :O?

I don't remember that, actually...

I know they've (almost) covered the full 24 hours of the race (apart from the commercials - good thing our national broadcaster broadcasts this too (commercial-free :D))... I guess I just haven't paid attention to the full week-broadcasts before now.
 
Sorry american viewers:

1002747_617015958309143_1554667006_n.jpg

Sorry? Thats the best its been in years. We get the first 5 hours of the race. Normally its only the first 2 or 3 hours and then 3-4 hours of NASCAR then the rest. Now we get 5 of the first critical hours, and then just a 2hour break before we see the rest to the finish.
 
Back