94% of members want an "Official GTP Track" and now it's possible

An official track that represents GTP would be a:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you like to have an official track for GTP created by the Track Maker?

zandvoort_circuit.gif

Have You Made This track in GT5?
I still think this is a great idea, But it needs to become a reality.đź’ˇ
If you have it, My PSN is machate-man
PS- the rendering I saw vaguely reminds me of Abu dhabi

As far as naming it, well, that is the least of the concerns right now.

The "most" of the concerns right now being that we can't use created tracks online. Absolutely no point in having an "official" GTP track if we can't use it online.

Due to the new patch the wishes of our members to have an “Official GTP Track” might now be possible. Please let us know your thoughts on how the new online sharing could take place and how the Official Track might be accessible by anyone to try or compete on.

Due to the new patch the wishes of our members to have an “Official GTP Track” might now be possible. Please let us know your thoughts on how the new online sharing could take place and how the Official Track might be accessible by anyone to try or compete on.

I don't see how. DP still hasn't figured out that Turn 10 actually got some stuff right and they're too proud to acknowledge as much. If GT5 worked like FM3, we could create a track and share it with all 5.5 million (or however many) GT5 players out there, with no friend request nonsense or any other nonsense. Someone could put up a track and a million people could download it without anybody having shared a single PSN name or made a single friend request to get it.

Nobody wants to vote on this, however, so good luck with the whole easily-sharing-tracks thing.
:rolleyes:

I don't see how. DP still hasn't figured out that Turn 10 actually got some stuff right and they're too proud to acknowledge as much. If GT5 worked like FM3, we could create a track and share it with all 5.5 million (or however many) GT5 players out there, with no friend request nonsense or any other nonsense. Someone could put up a track and a million people could download it without anybody having shared a single PSN name or made a single friend request to get it.

Nobody wants to vote on this, however, so good luck with the whole easily-sharing-tracks thing.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for speaking for the entire forum but the poll/survey already took place. :dunce:

Has anyone made a track worthy of being official GTP track yet?
I spent all of today making touge and ovals so I know I haven't.:lol:

I love my new track, but I don't think it's quite up to "Official GTPlanet Track" standards.

But if I do make one I'll definately submit it.

I can tell you that with the new patch and the ability to share the tracks, the chances of us having an “Official GTP Track” is just a track building contest away. The positive response to this thread makes a point to the powers to be that we know a good thing when we hear it. What I’m looking for are thoughts about how the new sharing will take place.

Maybe after the track is made available for sharing online can it be possessed by someone who drove on it? That would allow everyone to have access to it without having to locate the author. I’m not that familiar w/ the track maker and even less familiar w/ the new sharing capability so if someone has a good understanding of how the new capability functions let us know.

I can tell you that with the new patch and the ability to share the tracks, the chances of us having an “Official GTP Track” is just a track building contest away. The positive response to this thread makes a point to the powers to be that we know a good thing when we hear it. What I’m looking for are thoughts about how the new sharing will take place.

Maybe after the track is made available for sharing online can it be possessed by someone who drove on it? That would allow everyone to have access to it without having to locate the author. IÂ’m not that familiar w/ the track maker and even less familiar w/ the new sharing capability so if someone has a good understanding of how the new capability functions let us know.

Someone needs to make a GTP_Track_Share account, put the track up there, and just log in and accept all the friend requests each day.

I'd love to see a track making contest though. :) Limited as the "editor" is, people can still make some great stuff with it.

So, anybody recreate Zandvoort (the track in the OP) yet? Great track, same designer as Suzuka. đź‘Ť

what ever it is it would need a 1/4 mile nit to sort out the drag racing issues other than that im not fussed. idea for name this track is far better than forzas best track as pd created. lol

on a serious note though it wouldn't take long for pd to do straight flat bit of track not much longer than 1/4 mile and mark out a 1/4 mile drag strip if they put that in an update then it would make a lot of fans happy
also the official track should be a medium length track with a few tight turns a couple fast and mostly medium speed with little elevation and should take about 5 mins to complete i think it be based loosely on some of the legendary tracks such as monza or laguna seca

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been said before, but you cannot recreate real life tracks very well. Even if, by an amazing fluke got the layout 99% correct, the elevation would still be completely wrong. The odds of getting both layout and elevation (not to mention length) correct are near enough zero.

For example once I spent some hours experimenting and made a layout that closely resembled Lime Rock. It was even about the right length! But whilst it looked very accurate 'on paper', in game it had almost no similarity. It was a totally different driving experience even though the layout looked almost identical to the real track.

However I think it is an excellent idea having an official GTP track. But we should submit our best fictional tracks instead of trying to make real life tracks!

I have a sort of Catalunya-like ciruit, nice elevation changes but not too dramatic, brilliant downhill corkscrew section, 1:50 to 2:10 a lap depending on car.

IÂ’m hoping that Jordan and crew can come up w/ some guidance for us so the track tweekers can start designing within a set of parameters. Maybe things like lap times, racing surface, elevation change, number of turns, length of longest straight away. Just having some kind of rules for a competition would make the whole deal exciting. :gtpflag:

[Nor]MclarenF1;4882111
Name suggestion: GTP Raceway

Simple as that. :)

One problem is that when you race a custom track you never see the name it will just display the theme used, so you cant search the rooms and look for it, and you cant be sure the track is being used unless you ask the host.

EDIT: I guess its as simple as titling the rooms appropriotly, Like "Official GTP Track".

To be honest I think the idea is far to limiting. How about having "Official Track Builders" or something, they make tracks that others can download.
Maybe even have a panel of track reviewers to approve them as good online tracks.

Last edited:
IÂ’m hoping that Jordan and crew can come up w/ some guidance for us so the track tweekers can start designing within a set of parameters. Maybe things like lap times, racing surface, elevation change, number of turns, length of longest straight away. Just having some kind of rules for a competition would make the whole deal exciting. :gtpflag:

I'm working from the assumption that an official GT track would follow normal real-world racetrack parameters.

A. Paved. This game is clearly geared to pavement racing. There is a rally component but it's not fully realized.

B. "Normal" racetrack length. Real racetracks tend to be under 4 miles in
length.

C. 20-25 turns. 50-turn tracks are interesting, but not practical.

D. No jumps. Paved racetracks don't have jumps. And the fantasy tracks in GT that do have jumps don't change the reality.

All of this is my opinion only. Your mileage will certainly vary.

Back