94% of members want an "Official GTP Track" and now it's possible

An official track that represents GTP would be a:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP always be in front of to make sure that could be the track of this "community".So...

GTP Little Nurburgring. or Little Ring.
GTP Racers.(add with some numbers "010" or something)
GTP Life Track.
GTP A.D.L.R. ("all day long racing" hahaha...)
GTP Legends.
GTP Stars.
GTP Car Land.

I think the name of the GTP GT home track should be reflective of the forum and or it's founder in the name. The track should contain as many of the most dificult challenges as can be piled together and the size should be as big as the Maker can handle.

I agree that the name needs to clearly state that it's the GTP track. Also simple. Cute and funny wear off pretty fast.

And I agree that it should be challenging with some technical sections, but also some good passing zones. This track will be used for racing alot more than TTs.

Going with the Top Gear theme - "The GTP Test Track"??

"The GTPlayground"

"GTProving ground"

"Planet GTP"

"Tour de GTP"

I think there should be more than one official track.

There should be 4:

1 Official GT/Formula Track (Regular Sized-3-sector track) - Kazunoring
1 Official Endurance Track (Really long track) - Kazunoring Yamauchsleife?? Haha
1 Official Rally Track (Point to-point dirt track)
1 Official Karting Track (Small karting track)

maybe even an Official Ice Rallying Track too

Last edited:
I really liked Kazunoring by tankuroded 👍, but missed the link to the GTP so:

GTP Kazunoring

And indeed on the track:
1) Jordan sweeper
2) Daan chicane
3) Delphic Reason hook
4) Duke hill
5) DustDriver dirt track
6) EDK slipper
7) GilesGuthrie gallerie
8) Hugo Boss pass
9) Jack smack
10) Downunder straight
11) Pako chicane
12) Sage spoon
13) Sjaak turn
14) Sphinx jump
15) Touring Mars corner
16) Vaxen swing
17) Famine indigo

Thanks! :D

BTW, what type of turn in the Famine Indigo corner? 💡

For all the tracks that will have the names of Mods for the turns, you could use the number of Mod names used to rate the tracks. Since you never give a name to a turn unless someone died in it or went faster through it then anyone else, so if a track had a 8 Mod rating it would be more difficult than a 5 Mod. :lol:

I like "the planet" & JordanRing is a really clever name, bt i think the name shoul be decided by a poll... my contribution... The GTP Pass or The GTP Isle of more awesomeness (kevin butler)

Really, look:

The Planet
The Planet Reverse
The Planet Short

"Race you tonight?"

"Sure, 10PM in the Planet?"

"Deal!"

:)

And if we use GTPlanet Raceway (which is my choice) people will call it the Planet anyway.

People will use an abbreviated version of whatever name is chosen. For instance if the name GTPeer's International Racing Circuit was picked, people would just say GTPeer.

After playing with the Track Creator for a couple of hours I have a couple of observations:

First, it's really addictive. I haven't even gone to GTLife yet. I've just been playing with the track creator. You can get some seriously cool tracks if you mess with the settings and cycle through the auto-generated layouts until you get a good one.

Second, (because of the addictive nature of it) we will need to limit people to only one submission. Otherwise the number of submitted tracks will be unmanageable.

s2k2k3 definetely have to limit i to just one entry per person.
i created about 9track in under 25minutes and the 5 that i have run so far are already very very addicting and exciting...
the track editor in my opinion is almost making up for spa not being in the game... almost.

That's a good idea but it'l only work if PD themself make the track, and then provide it by DLC... cause in the track creator you can only tweek giving tracks shapes.....

That's a good idea but it'l only work if PD themself make the track, and then provide it by DLC... cause in the track creator you can only tweek giving tracks shapes.....

You can share the tracks you create, so we can do it without PD. Even though you can only set the parameters and the track is auto-generated, you do have alot of control.

This could get very cumbersome if alot of people submit tracks, so we need a system that doesn't require the staff to spend hours sorting it out.

I present to you my entry for the GTP Kazunoring:

picture.php

It is very challenging, speedy straights, multiple consecutive short corners, some long fast corners, no real jumps.

GTP Test Track is a nice, simple, and to the point name!

Also some suggestion for the track is if it would have a long straight, some very tight turns, drops in elevation and some and soft turns to drift across at high speeds would be awesome.

I think the staff should create some standards for the tracks and let users create tracks and sumbmit. For example. The track should only contain X sections. With each section having a min width of Y and a max width of Z. The section difficulty should be within A and B etc. I think this could generate lots of tracks. And we could even create a new track for each event. As far as naming it, well, that is the least of the concerns right now.

Back