A better view of Gran Turismo 7's Economy... And Grind

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 150 comments
And GT6 was mostly just an improved GT5. And GT4 was mostly just an improved GT3. And GT2 was mostly just an improved GT1.

Development of any long running series like this is always going to see technology and assets shared between games to a greater or lesser degree. It's generally to a greater degree on games that share a platform, like GTS and GT7 do.

Exactly. Which is why the development of GT Sport had little impact on the development of GT7, and was going hand in hand pretty much, since all the things that were being done to GT-Sport, were also done with GT7 in mind. Literally all cars and tracks from GT Sport went into GT7 (Aside from a few with licesing issues), so the development time for those is basically for GT7. So we can't really only just count the time after GT Sport was released, when the time it took to develop GT Sport even to its barebone launch is basically also a chunk of GT7. The Physics, Graphics and most importantly, cars and tracks were all taken from here as well as other features like Sport Mode and Scapes which are present in GT7 as well.

Just as much as GT5 Prologue had little impact on GT5, and GT4 Prologue had little impact in GT4. Like you said, some are with greater or lesser degree.

It's incredibly naive to think that GT7 was made from the ground-up without GT Sport, or rather, AFTER GT Sport like you are saying.

And yes, GT2 was basically an improved GT1, GT4 was an improved GT3 and GT6 was an improved GT5... Which is why the release dates between them was smaller. They however, were numbered titles, main titles, and had their own typical but still unique GT campaign at launch, and since the comparison was with GT4, the difference between GT3 and GT4 was worlds apart, unlike the difference with GT Sport and GT7. So again, not an excuse. GT6 was indeed pretty much GT5 2.0 but that's why I avoid using it so much as a measuring stick. GT2 however was quite an improvement over GT1 still, and the release between both those games was the smallest ever.

GT Sport had no such campaign at launch, like at all, and doesn't even have the tuning mechanic like all of the other numbered GTs, it's different...
It does have quite a few events and races, which again, is what I told you was what steered away from GT7's focus, since GT Sports events are part of just GT Sport and not directly ported to GT7, but these shouldn't take a massive amount of time from the development of GT7's own events as a whole, and again, especially not the core game itself since, again, GT7 has it's core gameplay from GT Sport, just more polished.

You might feel like that if you're comparing it to GT6 or GT4. But if you were comparing it to GT3 and GT1 you might think that it's a reasonable release of an online focused game. And if you compared it to GT4P, GTHD and GT5P Spec I, you'd have a real hard time making a strong comparison between what were basically big demo discs.

I'm not judging GT Sport by the SIZE of the game. I'm judging GT Sport for what IT WAS as a game. GT Sport arguably has more events than even GT6 actually.
But again, it's not a main title with a career focus on it that has the workings that all the other numbered GTs do. And most importantly, and that is my argument, all of its development, aside from the addition of signle player events, was also part of GT7, so the years from GT6 to GT Sport count as also development for GT7. This is my main argument. 8 years brother... 8!!!! And this is a racing game, not even an extremely detailed open world with voice actors and an actual narrative, and it was still barebones as hell compared to even GT Sport itself, let alone past games of the franchise like GT4.

Is this really the totality of your reasoning? It has "Sport" in the name and feels small?

Despite it being the sole release from the studio for several years?

Despite Kaz himself saying "GT SPORT is a regular title of the GT Series. The gaming contents is so ample that you can consider it as ”Gran Turismo 7“. It is titled ” GT Sport“ because the “Sport Mode” of the game is important. If I have to change a statement,maybe “Gran Turismo 7 Sport” is more correct name" and "For me, Gran Turismo Sport is Gran Turismo 7. Gran Turismo Sport is something that marks the beginning of a new generation or era. When you consider Gran Turismo 1-6 as the first era, GT Sport marks a new generation moving forward"?

I'm sure you know better than the guy who made the game. GTS is and was intended as a full release, and has more than enough content to be fairly considered as such.

I already covered this above. My main argument is that GT Sport's development was also part of GT7's, so you cannot take away the years it took to build GT Sport away from GT7. Part of it yes, but that's impossible to tell how much, it is however a guarantee that it wasn't much of the time as the core game and content in the form of cars and tracks is literally the same.

And fact of the matter... GT7 exists now, it has the number 7, despite Sport being between it and 6... Kaz called it GT7 at the time because it's the game after 6, and a game that would have an impact on the Gran Turismo franchise as well, but he also knows that GT Sport was not intended (and it showed and stated) to be like the mainline GT games where it had an actual campaign for the single player. The main focus of the game was on the online aspect, and to give birth to Gran Turismo in the e-sports side of things.

GT Sport IS a relevant Gran Turismo title.
GT Sport however is not a game with single player as its priority (and thus not a main title, you are probably arguing with me because of semantics now that I think about it)
And most definitely GT Sport's development was also the same for GT7.

And, most importantly, GT7 in terms of actual events, at launch, was far below even GT Sport. Now that is the biggest issue of them all. That despite the core gameplay mechanics being the same, the game itself at launch ended up far smaller than GT Sport which wasn't even single player focused, where GT4 vs GT3, as I said, it was worlds apart.

Stop being butthurt that we went from 1200 cars to 168.

Now this is quite a straw you're pulling on me. Where the hell did you ever saw me post this? Or are you confusing me with someone else?

I was disappointed that we only had 168 cars after almost 4 years since GT6, not to mention the fact that the "future-proof" premium cars from GT6 were basically wasted as well, but I was EXTREMELY delighted to not see them doing the same mistake they did with GT5 and GT6 by porting old PS2-PS3 era cars into the game just to make up the car numbers for their marketing.
So in a way, I was not at all butthurt that we got the car count massively decreased... Heck, even in the OP of this thread I don't even count the standard cars as part of GT5/GT6 my man. :lol: Such was my distate for those cars. (I will update with them when I can, its just too many).

I prefer quality over quantity every day. But it's still baffling that we only have over 440 cars after these 8 years and some months, and almost 1/4th of them are VGTs and fictional Gr. cars. This is however another topic of discussion.

Last edited:
This is my main argument. 8 years brother... 8!!!!
But do we know for certain that it was 8 years?

Game development isn't a linear task after all. We know from the various insights and documentaries etc that between projects, developers often reduce their staff numbers, with the programmers coming and going, and often only signing on to do a project/game before going elsewhere, with the developers core staff being the only ones staying put, so do we know that the game actually had 8 years of development? Are we sure that the game development wasn't started and stopped, or slowed and then sped up?

If a game gets 4 years of being a backroom project for a few coders to slowly work at, is that 4 years comparable to a different game getting 4 years of focus from a full team? Should we expect a 100+ staffed team and a 10 staffed team to output the same amount of work? We already know that GT Sport was constantly being updated and expanded while GT7 was being worked on in the background, but how much attention was GT7 getting? Did it get a full 8 years worth of attention or did it only get 2?

Last edited:
However long it really is, there is absolutely zero excuse for the pitiful amount of events in GT7 at launch, and now. There is absolutely no way on earth it takes that long for even one person to create events, never mind however many they actually have. 8 years or 8 months, heck even 8 weeks, it's more than enough for that fairly simple task. The hard part is getting all the code working for one event to work, after that it is very simple to create more in the same template. But, apparently not at PD.

Last edited:
But do we know for certain that it was 8 years?

Game development isn't a linear task after all. We know from the various insights and documentaries etc that between projects, developers often reduce their staff numbers, with the programmers coming and going, and often only signing on to do a project/game before going elsewhere, with the developers core staff being the only ones staying put, so do we know that the game actually had 8 years of development? Are we sure that the game development wasn't started and stopped, or slowed and then sped up?

If a game gets 4 years of being a backroom project for a few coders to slowly work at, is that 4 years comparable to a different game getting 4 years of focus from a full team? Should we expect a 100+ staffed team and a 10 staffed team to output the same amount of work? We already know that GT Sport was constantly being updated and expanded while GT7 was being worked on in the background, but how much attention was GT7 getting? Did it get a full 8 years worth of attention or did it only get 2?

... This is some hard coping alright... This can literally be used for all the games, why single GT7 out? How do we know that we also didn't have PD staff working on the upcoming game for the upcoming PS3 console years ahead while developing GT4? This is just an example...

Last edited:
I think you need to compare the development time of GTS to GT7 with that of GT5 to 6 and GT3 to 4. In all of those examples most of the assets and the engine from the previous game were tweaked and carried over into the following release. To single out GT Sport specifically as development time for GT7 is inaccurate.

You also have to factor in how much more technical games are to create for current hardware therefore everything does take longer from coding physics to creating the car models, tracks and other assets, so everything would take longer for GT5/6 than it would have for GT3/4 just as it would take longer for GTS/7 as it would for GT5/6.

Last edited:
... This is some hard coping alright... This can literally be used for all the games, why single GT7 out? How do we know that we also didn't have PD staff working on the upcoming game for the upcoming PS3 console years ahead while developing GT4? This is just an example...
I'm not singling GT7 out. We're just discussing GT7 and you made a comment about it having 8 years for development.

I'd originally included Cyberpunk 2077 as an example of why we can't assume X amount of years development means it was actually in development for those years.

Last edited:
Can't be bothered to waste time with cars that were specifically in both games to literally just make up the numbers. I just focused on the cars that PD actually put the effort in to make for the game during the game's development cycle.

Fortunately, PD did take the right direction with GT7 and not port old premiums from the PS3 era this time, or, god forbid, all the junk from the PS2 era. There was quite a vocal backlash at the time because of this.
Also, the total value of the GT6 cars was not 692 million... It was 500 or so million. Gran Turismo 5 was a bit over 300 million.

I can however add about 5 million to the grind to GT5 because there's one single "Standard" quality car in GT5 that is indeed required for the completion of one of the events, the Formula Gran Turismo. All other events can be completed with Premium Cars (or standard cars that were won for free from events).

I'm going to add a bit more info about each of the games, and will add GT3's stats as well.
The standard cars in GT5 worked pretty well actually, with the used car dealership and the shuffle racing.

I think you need to compare the development time of GTS to GT7 with that of GT5 to 6 and GT3 to 4. In all of those examples most of the assets and the engine from the previous game were tweaked and carried over into the following release. To single out GT Sport specifically as development time for GT7 is inaccurate.

It isn't... We however have no accurate measure (no one has) so the best choice we have is to go by release dates between games.

And again, even then it's not an excuse.

The problem is... With GT2, you had a massive increase from GT1 in terms of content.
With GT4, you had an even more massive increase from GT3.

So far the only case that wasn't a huge leap was indeed between GT5 and GT6. Where we did get less content, but, we had a huge improvement in the amount of cars introduced (premium cars) and also several tracks added. And the grinding in GT6 was also much, much better and less tedius.

GT7 and GT Sport??? You actually went backwards in terms of the content and basically have like 80 or so more cars and 3 or 4 more tracks... Like... lol.

It's pretty common knowledge that PD has dropped the ball since the HD era, but for sure with GT7, they could've been "3rd time lucky" no? And finally make a great pleasurable single player experience!?

The game still has the potential to be the best, we do live in an era where we can constantly get content added. But the game's launch has tranished the game too much, and on top of that, the updates aren't being any significant either.

You also have to factor in how much more technical games are to create for current hardware therefore everything does take longer from coding physics to creating the car models, tracks and other assets, so everything would take longer for GT5/6 than it would have for GT3/4 just as it would take longer for GTS/7 as it would for GT5/6.

I do, and I also factor that the processing power/hardware these days is far beyond what it was back then as well, and it keeps increasing. And if anything, PD has Sony's backing these days more than ever before in comparison to the PS2 era. Other companies with other games manage to deliver masterpieces between 5-7 years time periods. This is a racing game ffs, there's just no excuse for this.

Last edited:
It isn't... We however have no accurate measure (no one has) so the best choice we have is to go by release dates between games.

And again, even then it's not an excuse.

The problem is... With GT2, you had a massive increase from GT1 in terms of content.
With GT4, you had an even more massive increase from GT3.

So far the only case that wasn't a huge leap was indeed between GT5 and GT6. Where we did get less content, but, we had a huge improvement in the amount of cars introduced (premium cars) and also several tracks added. And the grinding in GT6 was also much, much better and less tedius.

GT7 and GT Sport??? You actually went backwards in terms of the content and basically have like 80 or so more cars and 3 or 4 more tracks... Like... lol.

It's pretty common knowledge that PD has dropped the ball since the HD era, but for sure with GT7, they could've been "3rd time lucky" no? And finally make a great pleasurable single player experience!?

The game still has the potential to be the best, we do live in an era where we can constantly get content added. But the game's launch has tranished the game too much, and on top of that, the updates aren't being any significant either.

I do, and I also factor that the processing power/hardware these days is far beyond what it was back then as well, and it keeps increasing. And if anything, PD has Sony's backing these days more than ever before in comparison to the PS2 era. Other companies with other games manage to deliver masterpieces between 5-7 years time periods. This is a racing game ffs, there's just no excuse for this.
I agree with all of that, but I don't agree with claining GT7 was in development for 8 year and then not saying GT6 was in development for 9 years. That may not be intentional, it could simply be your focus on GT7 rather than GT6.

You have put together some great information in this thread and no doubt put in a lot of effort, just be clear in pointing out that either every games development time includes that of the previous games if it were on the same console, or none of them and as a result, if you say GT7 took 8 years you have to say GT6 took 9 years and GT4 took 5 years to give your point the context it needs.

I agree with the issues GT7 has.

I remember for sure that the best in GT2 was RRV where you win a Speed 12 and sell it for 500k. However, the car I used there, and IMO was the fastest, was the GT-One, even better than the Escudo I think. Just over 5 minutes.

I don't remember the best grinding events in GT1 or GT3 though. So I appreciate you posting this. I don't remember GT3 being that grindy either other than the roulette cars (same as GT2), which thinking about it, is going to make things harder to calculate... But hey, at least GT2 and GT3 allow you to win the roulette cars more than once. In GT7 you win it once and that's that lol.
IMHO the best GT3 grind was the Apricot Hill endurance race. The prize car is not random. Win race. Sell prize car. Rinse and repeat.

Updated Gran Turismo 7 stats after the latest update.

Gran Turismo 1 should be updated tomorrow if I finish my work early.

Gran Turismo 1 Updated. With this I have all of the Gran Turismo Game statistics in the OP.

Only thing left is dealing with the GT5 and GT6 standard car prices and seasonal events to better judge those 2 games statistics. However, it seems that even with all the other standard cars added, only GT5 in its current Dead state is going to be worse than GT7. But of course, adding the numbers gives it a more objective view.

If there's any information, ANY, at all in the OP that is wrong, please tell me. I also have the spreadsheets with all the information that I can provide if anyone wants them.

Also, the grinding methods for each game, I've tested them myself... So no, they are not wrong. The only thing I didn't factor was loading times (for all games to be consistent).

Last edited:
Updated the OP with GT5 stats with all of its Standard Car values and also the best Seasonal Event to grind during the game's prime.

And, as expected, it's the only game of the franchise that takes more time to grind than GT7... That however, is in its current state where no support is being given and practically no one plays the game anymore either.

Only GT6 left.

PS:
If anyone has the values (prize credits) for ALL of seasonal events from GT5 and GT6, that would be much appreciated.

Updated the OP with GT5 stats with all of its Standard Car values and also the best Seasonal Event to grind during the game's prime.

And, as expected, it's the only game of the franchise that takes more time to grind than GT7... That however, is in its current state where no support is being given and practically no one plays the game anymore either.

Only GT6 left.

PS:
If anyone has the values (prize credits) for ALL of seasonal events from GT5 and GT6, that would be much appreciated.
I would also like to point out that even though GT5 may mathematically be a worse grind, in reality that grind is to acquire more than double the amount of cars that GT7 and there are more ways to do it. A grind to 'complete' the game is very different than a grind to acquire a single car for example by doing a single race. GT7's grind also includes having to WAIT for certain cars to become available or to get a brand invitation. While this 'dead time' to acquire a car doesn't include grinding, it certainly contributes to the game being a slog.

I would also like to point out that even though GT5 may mathematically be a worse grind, in reality that grind is to acquire more than double the amount of cars that GT7 and there are more ways to do it. A grind to 'complete' the game is very different than a grind to acquire a single car for example by doing a single race. GT7's grind also includes having to WAIT for certain cars to become available or to get a brand invitation. While this 'dead time' to acquire a car doesn't include grinding, it certainly contributes to the game being a slog.

Yes, all those factors:

-Over 2x as many cars
-Current GT7 being supported while GT5 is dead
-The time-gate LCD/UCD cars that can take 1 or even 2 months for them to appear again

Which yes, does make it even more of a slog.

But I can hardly be impressed by GT7, after 7 months at that, the current game being fully supported, being less grindy (mathematically) than a game from 12 years ago that nobody plays anymore and is not supported anymore either.

Because the fact of the matter is, that when the game had support, it's still vastly less grindy than GT7...

And I didn't even factor GT7 in it's 1.07 state... Which had at best earnings of 980k per hour. Which is basically half of what it currently is.

This would've raised the grind by over double the time. The Total cost back then was about 427 million for all cars BUT we didn't have the Single Player payouts as high as now, and, most importantly, we didn't have the ~60 million credit in one time prizes for the Circuit Experiences and The Human Comedy missions.

So the 1.07 GT7's grind time would've been the worst, by far, at considerably over 400 hours.

^THIS would've been our current slog if we didn't, as the apologists say, "COMPLAIN" about it. :lol: And made PD go back on their decision.
It almost grinds me (ironically) when people try to defend that GT7's grind isn't bad. They have no clue what they are saying. And I made this thread to prove it, not with just word of mouth, but with mathematical facts.

Last edited:
Yes, all those factors:

-Over 2x as many cars
-Current GT7 being supported while GT5 is dead
-The time-gate LCD/UCD cars that can take 1 or even 2 months for them to appear again

Which yes, does make it even more of a slog.

But I can hardly be impressed by GT7, after 7 months at that, the current game being fully supported, being less grindy (mathematically) than a game from 12 years ago that nobody plays anymore and is not supported anymore either.

Because the fact of the matter is, that when the game had support, it's still vastly less grindy than GT7...

And I didn't even factor GT7 in it's 1.07 state... Which had at best earnings of 980k per hour. Which is basically half of what it currently is.

This would've raised the grind by over double the time. The Total cost back then was about 427 million for all cars BUT we didn't have the Single Player payouts as high as now, and, most importantly, we didn't have the ~60 million credit in one time prizes for the Circuit Experiences and The Human Comedy missions.

So the 1.07 GT7's grind time would've been the worst, by far, at considerably over 400 hours.

^THIS would've been our current slog if we didn't, as the apologists say, "COMPLAIN" about it. :lol: And made PD go back on their decision.
It almost grinds me (ironically) when people try to defend that GT7's grind isn't bad. They have no clue what they are saying. And I made this thread to prove it, not with just word of mouth, but with mathematical facts.
To further emphasize the point, GT7 will require about 45 mins of grinding per car available for purchase (obviously some will take considerably less and some will take much much much more) and GT5 is only about 15 mins per car available.

To further emphasize the point, GT7 will require about 45 mins of grinding per car available for purchase (obviously some will take considerably less and some will take much much much more) and GT5 is only about 15 mins per car available.
GT7 will take prceiselty 34 minutes and 2 seconds to acquire the average priced car running the tokyo 600pp race at 26 minutes a go.

A stat that I think is very important is grind time per car. Though the point is alluded to that GT5 and GT6 will take longer to earn all cars due to the sheer volume of them there's no truely comparable context there.

Gran Turismo:
6,765,380Cr
140 cars
48,324Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 816,000Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 3 minutes 34 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 0 hours 36 minutes 46 seconds

Gran Turismo 2:
54,983,979Cr
650 cars
84,590Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 5,500,000Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 0 minutes 56 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 0 hours 21 minutes 50 seconds

Gran Turismo 3:
21,694,630Cr
181 cars
119,859Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 2,975,000Cr using the save/reload trick in the European Championship to win the Gillette Vertigo Race Car
Average time per car: 0 hours 2 minutes 26 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 0 hours 40 minutes 21 seconds

Gran Turismo 4:
114,052,697Cr
721 cars
158,186Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 4,393,750Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 2 minutes 10 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 1 hours 1 minutes 28 seconds

Gran Turismo 5:
493,681,942Cr
1074 cars
459,666Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 1,464,000Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 18 minutes 51 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 13 hours 39 minutes 40 seconds

Gran Turismo 6:
566,304,601Cr
1247 cars
454,133Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 4,048,000Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 6 minutes 44 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 4 hours 56 minutes 27 seconds

Gran Turismo Sport:
319,883,430Cr
338 cars
946,400Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: Struggling to find an accurate figure for this one

Gran Turismo 7:
480,364,715Cr
444 cars
1,081,902Cr per car
Max Cr per hr: 1,904,000Cr
Average time per car: 0 hours 34 minutes 2 seconds
Time to purchase most expensive car: 10 hours 29 minutes 04 seconds

It's clear from GT5 onwards the grind took a significant upturn and that's where people really began complainng about the ingame economy in Gran Turismo games. It's certainly when i did.

It did surprise me that GT7 wasn't quite as bad as GT5 to purchase the most expensive (I expected it to be worse), though we have to remember, back in it's day you could earn Cr from races twice as fast in GT5 with the daily login bonuses. This would half the time taken to buy not only the most expensive car but also the average pricd car which is already faster than GT7, putting GT7 firmly in last place on both counts.

I don't mind a game simply having so much content it takes twice as long to play through, but I want to feel like I am getting somewhere, progressing and not repeating the same parts of the game over and over again. If I have to grind the same event for over 10hrs to buy one car I'm just not going to do it. But I could spend 10hrs working through the game, buying cars and making progress.
When you compare with GT5 now, GT7 takes longer to acquire each car, but acquiring the most expensive car is faster in GT7 than in GT5. However, back when GT5's servers were online you could earn Cr twice as fast making it quicker in GT5 for both.

That said, GT5 was where the series economy shifted badly and you can see that when you compare the grind to previous titles.

Last edited:
GT7 will take prceiselty 34 minutes and 2 seconds to acquite the average priced car running the tokyo 600pp race at 26 minutes a go.

When you compare with GT5 now, GT7 takes longer to acquire each car, but acquiring the most expensive car is faster in GT7 than in GT5. However, back when GT5's servers were online you could earn Cr twice as fast making it quicker in GT5 for both.

That said, GT5 was where the series economy shifted badly and you can see that when you compare the grind to previous titles.
I didn't realize you had already done this math, but good on you. These figures should be added to the OP.

I discovered this:

If the OP of this thread did his math right, then it means that Gran Turismo 5 when it was being supported, never did require any grinding, as the minimum credits gained through the seasonal events were over 346 million, which is over the 323 million that are left to grind after completing the single player campaign, and to add to those 346 million credits, there were also a lot of very expensive prize cars like the 330 P4 and the Miura which combined alone were worth 35 million credits.

Well, this was across almost 4 years though... And GT5 didn't have any noteworthy MTXs, only some DLC packs.

I played GT5 in it's prime days from release day up until mid-2011, so I did some stupidly unnecessary and painful grinding (EXP and Credits to get the premium cars), but then again, who the hell expects the casual player to play the same game for almost a year? Let alone 4... As soon as I got the platinum, I dropped the game (shame I lost my account from back then, as that Platinum is quite a "prestigious" one).

But I don't think this will happen with GT7... Credit MTXs exist after all. Aside from that 1st big update in April, you're given basically events that pay out like 300-400k tops (monthly).

Last edited:
Ok people, finished all the cars from GT6, it's easier than GT5 because the cars are all in the dealerships.

With this the stats from all Gran Turismos are completed. Only thing now is to just constantly update Gran Turismo 7 as PD supports it (lol).

I also added the time needed to grind for GT7 update 1.07 because I think it was a significant event of this franchise, or at least, this game as a whole, where the community more than ever demonstrated their dissatisfaction of the decisions PDs took to make the game even more of a tedius grind than ever before.

And, once again, the maths prove it:

-The amount of credits needed to buy all cars in update 1.07 was ~429.075.035 Cr.

-The best grinding method in 1.07 was 939.131 Cr. per hour with the Dirt Champions - Sardegna Windmills race which would pay out 60.000 Cr in ~3:50 minutes (with CRB).

-The total amount of credits in prize cars was 20.544.238 Cr.

-The total credit earnings during 1.07 was LESS THAN* 15.181.500 Cr.
*I only removed the extra updated credits from CE, the 4 main grinding races that were not available back in 1.07 and also the "The Human Comedy" missions, I don't have the total data for the payouts and also number of races from back then, but I don't need to go that far to make a point here, I pretty much left the other events as is, but I know for a fact that quite a few of them did not exist back then and the ones that did exist, were paying a lot less.

-This all results in 1.07 update being a 418.8 Hour grind after finishing the campaign, to collect the rest of the cars. Which again, is not correct as the number of events was less, and also paid much less than now (most of them about 40-50% less).
So realistically, the grind estimate is at least 430 hours.

^Yes, this was clearly a Sony decision and not PD's. 🤡

Also, will post my Excel sheets with all the information in the OP, maybe some of you guys would be interested in it, and see if there's some "flaws" in them as well (for example, the number of cars and their prices), that can be pointed out.

And given how much of a "cluster of numbers" there's in the OP, do you guys think a picture from a sheet with the info for each game would be better to read than those numbers alltogether?

Last edited:
OP Updated.

Pre-1.25 GT7 Stats:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign (includes every single event that the player wins/golds once): 75.066.500 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 22.260.738 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 479.864.715 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 382.537.477 Cr.

-Best Credit Grind Method:
World Touring Car 600 - Tokyo Expressway - South Counterclockwise: 825.000 Cr. In 26 minutes = 1.904.000 Cr. In 1 hour
-Grind Time: 200.9 Hours

-Average Price per car: 1.085.667 Cr.
-Most Expensive car: 20.000.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:34:12 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: 10:30:15 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign (only includes races): 4.056 km
-Total Races: 155
-Total Events (races, driving missions, licenses, etc): 306
-Total Cars: 442
-Total Tracks: 65

1.25 GT7 Stats Changes:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 75.456.500 Cr. (Increase of 390.000 Cr.)
-Total Cost of all Cars: 482.221.705 Cr. (Increase of 2.356.990 Cr.)
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 384.504.467 Cr. (Increase of 1.966.990 Cr.)

-Grind Time: 202 Hours (Increase of ~1.1 Hours worth of grinding)

-Average Price per car: 1.081.215 Cr. (Decrease of 4.452 Cr.)
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:34:04 Hours (Decrease of 8 seconds)

-Total Race Distance during Campaign (only includes races): 4.178 km (Increase of 122km)
-Total Races: 160 (+5 Races)
-Total Events (races, driving missions, licenses, etc): 311 (+5 Events)
-Total Cars: 446 (+4 Cars)

Last edited:
OP Updated.

1.27 GT7 Changes (compared to 1.25):

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 77.493.500 Cr. (Increase of 2.037.000 Cr.)
-Total Cost of all Cars: 489.437.905 Cr. (Increase of 7.216.200 Cr.)
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 389.683.667 Cr. (Increase of 5.179.200 Cr.)

-Grind Time: 205 Hours (increase of ~2.6 hours worth of grinding)

-Average Price per car: 1.078.057 Cr. (Decrease of 3.158 Cr.)
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:33:58 Hours (Decrease of 6 seconds)

-Total Race Distance during Campaign (only includes races): 4.471 km (Increase of 293 km)
-Total Races: 169 (+9 Races)
-Total Events (races, driving missions, licenses, etc): 321 (+10 events)
-Total Cars: 454 (+8 Cars)
-Total Tracks: 67 (+1 Track)

Back