A bit disappointed in the BMW Vision Concept?

• Thread starter mc959
  • 320 comments

Dissapointed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1024px-Mercedes-Benz_190_front_20081213.jpg
1024px-1997-2000_Mercedes-Benz_C_200_%28W202%29_Classic_sedan_01.jpg
1024px-2004_Mercedes-Benz_C_200_Kompressor_%28W203%29_Elegance_sedan_%282011-12-06%29.jpg

1024px-2007-2010_Mercedes-Benz_C_200_Kompressor_%28W204%29_Classic_sedan_01.jpg
1024px-Mercedes-Benz_C_200_Avantgarde_%28W_205%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_26._April_2014%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

The one that just went on sale is very wild in comparison; mostly because it no longer has to act as the entry level model, and the trend for premium brands has been swoopy styling ever since the CLS made Mercedes piles of money.

On the other hand, the W204 that just went out of production, which didn't have the luxury of the CLA-series being the buffer, deliberately looked like the one from ten years prior (since the W203 became so quickly dated looking, though at the same time sharing many details with its predecessor); and the W202 looked almost exactly like the W201 (also of ten years earlier) with more modern detailing. Between now and 2020 I have no doubt that Mercedes will have created a concept car which will shape their design language for the next decade, as the Vision SLR, Vision CLS and F800 all did for the last 15 years, far more than a car whose entire relevance so far has started and stopped with its relationship to a game of questionable influence itself.

The car just looks like it melted over the design years , awful totally awful

I don't see anything that says a concept can't look like a race car. Furai for example.
The Furai looks like BOTH, and is a very peculiar Mazda. The BMW just looks too much like a basic BMW, and not like a concept or even race car.
The engine sound is bad, you can't pain it (like the Mercedes VGT) and it has no interior. I still don't get the votes...

The engine sound is bad, you can't pain it (like the Mercedes VGT) and it has no interior. I still don't get the votes...
It's a concept, so as many have said before BMW probably didn't even do an interior for the thing.

It's free, functions perfectly, and it's great fun. No issues here.

You can't paint it because BMW said they don't want people to have it any other colors, probably. It's a racing car. You can't paint the Mercedes VGT Racing Series. If BMW makes a street version of their VGT then it may be able to be painted.
The sound isn't terrible, but it sounds like a V6, not an I6. It also sounds raspy. The sound is completely copied from the GT-R R35. Check it out.
It has no interior because it's a concept car. BMW probably didn't present PD with a fully designed one, and they sure as hell won't let PD model a fake one for the car. It's BMW's IP for the car design and PD's IP for the in-game implementation of it.

People act like it's PD's fault for not making an interior for the VGT cars. They cannot put an interior on a VGT car if the manufacturer hasn't made one or disallows the designed one to be included. Look at what happened with the M4. BMW prevented PD from implementing the interior until after the car went into production.

Will people stop trying to take pitchforks and flames to PD over the interior of a concept car? I understand the gripe about the sound, but come on. Let's think reasonably here.

"Reasonable" only happens with some of us here. ;)

I'll have to say that I'm really tired of getting new cars only to find that the roof cam is gone in place of some low hood cam, AKA bumper cam II. THIS is why GT7 needs COMPLETELY configurable driver views, so we can all set our views to suit us, and we don't have to resort to bumper or chase cam because the others are frooked up.

Seriously, PD, do it.

I'll have to say that I'm really tired of getting new cars only to find that the roof cam is gone in place of some low hood cam, AKA bumper cam II. THIS is why GT7 needs COMPLETELY configurable driver views, so we can all set our views to suit us, and we don't have to resort to bumper or chase cam because the others are frooked up.

Seriously, PD, do it.
While I'm fine with roof cam and hood cam regardless of the car, I completely agree that the driver views need to be adjustable. The "one size fits all" mentality needs to get thrown out.

Am I the only one that thought the original drawing for the car looked like a race version of this?
BMW_Concept_Vision_Efficient_Dynamics_Front.JPG

bmw_concept.jpg

vision.jpg

I don't know. When I first saw the sketch of it this is what came to my mind...

You can't paint it because BMW said they don't want people to have it any other colors, probably. It's a racing car. You can't paint the Mercedes VGT Racing Series. If BMW makes a street version of their VGT then it may be able to be painted.
The sound isn't terrible, but it sounds like a V6, not an I6. It also sounds raspy. The sound is completely copied from the GT-R R35. Check it out.
It has no interior because it's a concept car. BMW probably didn't present PD with a fully designed one, and they sure as hell won't let PD model a fake one for the car. It's BMW's IP for the car design and PD's IP for the in-game implementation of it.

People act like it's PD's fault for not making an interior for the VGT cars. They cannot put an interior on a VGT car if the manufacturer hasn't made one or disallows the designed one to be included. Look at what happened with the M4. BMW prevented PD from implementing the interior until after the car went into production.

Will people stop trying to take pitchforks and flames to PD over the interior of a concept car? I understand the gripe about the sound, but come on. Let's think reasonably here.
To be honest, I can't even understand the complaints about the sound. The car doesn't exist yet, so there's no way to get an authentic sample. Far as I know, there aren't any I6s in the game either, so they had to use the sound from its closest cousin, the V6.

Seriously, PD, do it.

I completely agree that they need to let us customise it to our preference but I really didn't think anyone actually liked roof cam.

Am I the only one that thought the original drawing for the car looked like a race version of this?

bmw_concept.jpg

vision.jpg

I thought the same thing...But i liked very much the current model...

bmw_concept.jpg

vision.jpg

The original sketch was definitely a race version of the i8, but plans obviously changed.

I completely agree that they need to let us customise it to our preference but I really didn't think anyone actually liked roof cam.
Oh yeah. In a thread on which view we preferred, most glommed onto cockpit or bumper cam, but several of us said we liked roof cam.

To be honest, I can't even understand the complaints about the sound. The car doesn't exist yet, so there's no way to get an authentic sample. Far as I know, there aren't any I6s in the game either, so they had to use the sound from its closest cousin, the V6.
Or they could have recorded a real fire breathing i6 and used that. Lots of good ones here...best one at 1:51 in my opinion.

The sound from the CSL could have been used. Even the Mine's R34 wouldnt have been bad to use.

If PD recorded an E46 for BMW I6 sounds, it would only work for the E46 M3s and Z4M. You have to remember that the VGT is turbocharged, so it would have a flatter sound, and muted a little.

I believe that the sound for it, and the M4 is OK, but it could have been better.

I disagree about it using sound from the I6 or from the CSL. Seeing as its more or less a race car, what it really could've used as an appropriate race car sound and the one that screams to me the most is the one from the DTM car:

...and imagine this "thing" with a killer sound...

the whole sound department is gone on vacation. my expectations for it was never too high to begin with.

people think the Junior Redbull sounds good but personaly i dont think so. i think its loud but not good

I disagree about it using sound from the I6 or from the CSL. Seeing as its more or less a race car, what it really could've used as an appropriate race car sound and the one that screams to me the most is the one from the DTM car:

The VGT has a 3.0L twin-turbo I6. Using the sound from the DTM car would be way off.

Problem is you can't have that quality of car sound in a video game...oh wait...

The VGT has a 3.0L twin-turbo I6. Using the sound from the DTM car would be way off.
The sound we got isn't exactly way on.

Oh, so it supposedly has a I6. Thing is though (at least as far as I can tell), there's no current race version of an Inline 6. I know people love the hell of the E30 ( a car that as great as it is, gets talked about too damn much), but that Naturally aspirated V8 is about the only thing I can find that's current and close to appropriate (sure there's the Z4's V8, but that's even more off then what I had in mind)

Problem is you can't have that quality of car sound in a video game...oh wait...

Can we please not go through this again? I feel this point has been exhausted far too many times.

Like with the Mercedes VGT I love the look of it. Handling is good too.

Unfortunately, as it stands, both cars (and in fact the overall vgt concept) have been completely devalued for me due to the lack of cockpit. We even got to see what the Mercedes cockpit should look like before release. Plenty of concepts are in the game (including gt5) with a modelled interior.

The sound of the BMW is simply crap.

So I am disappointed overall

The 1 series sound could as well have been used. We just wouldnt know what an M4 road car with race exhaust sounds like(seems like PD doesnt either). I can deal with the VGT sound at the moment. It's the handling I like more.

One thing I do find kind of funny is that people now appear to have expectations for sounds of cars that don't exist. We didn't even know the BMW was going to turn out the way it did so what the hell was anyone expecting in regards to the sound?

Are people going to be severely disappointed with the VW once it too reuses a sample?

Back